Guest Recognition Pins

Eeyore's Pal

Trading pins since before there were rubber backs
I know that the Continuing the Tradition pin is currently being awarded to deserving guests.

I have some questions about this.

Who awards these pins? Is it supertraders? Managers? Someone else?

Is there some number of pins per day/week/month that will be awarded?

Is there a known limit on this pin's edition?

Are these pins being awarded in all the parks, or just at Epcot?

Was the WDW PTP awarded in the same way?

Hi Robyn--

My girls were the lucky recipients of this wonderful pin earlier this month. I was told by the "presenters" that only Managers have the authority to award this pin. My girls received their pins at DTD, from a couple of managers. Don't know any more to tell you, but hope this helps!:D

Christy

Robyn--

One more thing: as far as how many Continuing the Tradition pins are awarded per day, and how many there are in the edition, I can only add that a manager acquaintance at Disney/MGM Studios mentioned to me not long ago that her boss gave *only one* pin to her to award to a 'deserving guest' (as you put it), and she had been holding onto it for awhile. Sounded to me like these pins are not given to the managers frequently, and that the awarding is left up to the sole discretion of the awarding manager. I'm not aware of any edition limit on the pin, but I'm sure there is one.

Has this info. helped?

Christy

You've answered most of my questions.

Just thought of one other . . .

Does anyone know if the PTP is still being awarded too?

I thought I saw someone mention that in a post a while back, but I can't remember exactly what was said.

The award being given now is the Champion PTP.

Nat,

I thought the Champion PTP is only awarded to CMs.

Can it be awarded to guests too?

Is this pin awarded property wide or is it park based?

Can a pin be awarded anywhere anytime or is it localized to pin carts or pin trading stations?

and finally what gets you noticed for such a reward?

Thanks,

Larry

P.S
Yay for the Spell checker!!!!!

Yes the Champion PTP is a Cast Award but so is (was) the WDW and DL PTPs. Some of the WDW PTPs were given to the public during special events but they were not real awards in that you got one for atending a class on PT and Merchandising. The Champion is an Award given only to those who excel at promoting pin trading with guest and/or go above and beyond normal guest relations in pin trading....

I can think of so many people here on the boards that deserve that award.

I wish somehow we would have some input as to who would get them.

There are so many people out there that do not realize there is a pin life outside of Disney World. Look at all the wonderful people, our moderators that spend their time making sure we know what is going on.

I think we need to send one out to Barbara in CA - look what she does for everyone, everyday.

Darlene

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter