Guest information booth and DAS

Still no guest experience kiosks at Epcot? Any idea if these booths will be staying in the other parks for a while? Otherwise, return times can only be obtained at the actual ride you're planning to go on? For instance, I can't get a return time for Frozen at the entrance of test track?

Still no guest experience kiosks at Epcot? Any idea if these booths will be staying in the other parks for a while? Otherwise, return times can only be obtained at the actual ride you're planning to go on? For instance, I can't get a return time for Frozen at the entrance of test track?

I don't think that management can make up their minds about these. I talked to several cast members on my trip this summer and they all said that they keep going back on forth on them. One one hand, they have people complain about them not being in every park. Then they complain that the ones that have them have long lines sometimes, or they don't like the locations. And when they take them away, people complain. It all seems to be a no win situation for Disney. No matter what they do to try to help, people still complain. These ARE a big convenience, make no mistake. Disney is putting cast members at these kiosks and it is a zero return position, meaning they don't get anything back from it money wise. They do get grief from people though. I think that people need to be happy that they have them where they do and stop expecting even more "conveniences" that they feel like they are some how entitled to. What happened to the days when if you got some kind of bonus like this, that you felt like you were lucky. Now for some reason people feel cheated that they are not in every park or in the exact spot they want them to be. Sad.

I don't think that management can make up their minds about these. I talked to several cast members on my trip this summer and they all said that they keep going back on forth on them. One one hand, they have people complain about them not being in every park. Then they complain that the ones that have them have long lines sometimes, or they don't like the locations. And when they take them away, people complain. It all seems to be a no win situation for Disney. No matter what they do to try to help, people still complain. These ARE a big convenience, make no mistake. Disney is putting cast members at these kiosks and it is a zero return position, meaning they don't get anything back from it money wise. They do get grief from people though. I think that people need to be happy that they have them where they do and stop expecting even more "conveniences" that they feel like they are some how entitled to. What happened to the days when if you got some kind of bonus like this, that you felt like you were lucky. Now for some reason people feel cheated that they are not in every park or in the exact spot they want them to be. Sad.
Sorry, didn't mean to sound entitled. I'm coming from Disneyland, where the kiosks are all we have. So I'm trying to understand the details of the WDW system so I can best plan our FP+ selections and touring plan to work with my daughter's challenges over the course of our trip.

Sorry, didn't mean to sound entitled. I'm coming from Disneyland, where the kiosks are all we have. So I'm trying to understand the details of the WDW system so I can best plan our FP+ selections and touring plan to work with my daughter's challenges over the course of our trip.

I wasn't saying that you were entitled at all. I was saying that the cast members said that so many people complained about everything to do with the kiosks, that it is a bit of a headache for Disney. They put these up as a convenience for people. The kiosk situations seems to change from day to day. We have seen what and where they have them at WDW, for now. The best thing to do is to see when you go down there if and where they are. It is a pain as far as the planning aspect, but I would not count on them to for your trip but use them if they are up and running. Even is someone says that they put them in Epcot, there is no guarantee that they will be up and running when you go. I have even experienced that many cast members have no clue about them when asked, so you just have to go where they are marked on the map to see if anyone is manning the kiosk at the time. Otherwise, you just get your DAS return time at each individual attraction.

At WDW, DAS Return Times are available at the attraction for that attraction (So, not Frozen from Test Track).
You may possibly be able to get a Return Time at the kiosks at parks that have them (or from Guest Relations).

We just got back from WDW a week ago (11/9/19) and were able to get Return Times at the MK, Studio and AK Guest Experience kiosks. Since it seems to be a bit up in the air right now, we tried, but would not have been surprised to be told they couldn’t do it.

The only park that doesn‘t have the Guest Experience Kiosks at this point is Epcot.
My husband was told that they are hoping to add them to Epcot sometime in 2020, but are not doing it right now because of how torn up Epcot is presently. Because of that, it’s just easier to not have them there.

As far as I know, they are still tweaking on locations to make them visible, but avoid places where guests waiting would block walkways.
If you don’t get the Fastpass experiences you are trying for, keep checking. We’ve gotten Fastpasses even for high demand attractions even on the day of visit. People frequently change plans, even on the da.

That's what I was told by a few different CM's, each their own version. But bottom line was that the kiosks take the load off the guest relations locations to a degree. Not for the return times, but the kiosks assist with many issues.
And that Epcot will get Guest Experience kiosks next year sometime.
Any kiosk my mom asked for a RT, the CM was happy to help. Just acted like its part of their job, which I guess it is.
Some of the kiosks, I can't remember which ones, looked pretty permanent, they now have digital boards showing wait times and entertainment schedules for the whole park. Disneyland has these, and they are a nice addition.

That's what I was told by a few different CM's, each their own version. But bottom line was that the kiosks take the load off the guest relations locations to a degree. Not for the return times, but the kiosks assist with many issues.
And that Epcot will get Guest Experience kiosks next year sometime.
Any kiosk my mom asked for a RT, the CM was happy to help. Just acted like its part of their job, which I guess it is.
Some of the kiosks, I can't remember which ones, looked pretty permanent, they now have digital boards showing wait times and entertainment schedules for the whole park. Disneyland has these, and they are a nice addition.
Those wait time/schedule boards have been in the parks for several years. Some were recently updated from digital boards to much more clear displays (more like TV screens)
They just put some of the kiosks near to those existing screens.

The Guest Experience kiosks were in the same places they were when we were there 4 months ago. I never saw any of the boards giving wait times like they have located next to the kiosks now. Those were new to me.

Do they still give return times from the ride itself? If we’re walking past PP can we just stop and get one or so we need to go to a kiosk?

Do they still give return times from the ride itself? If we’re walking past PP can we just stop and get one or so we need to go to a kiosk?
Yes they do give out return times at the ride it is at the booths some people were not able to get the return time

Just an update, we used the kiosks at MK yesterday. The one at splash wasn't there, but I looked in the app and found one in front of rivers of america. I also found out people mover doesn't issue a return time, but they allowed my family to wait on the benches near the wheelchairs while I was in line (that was much faster than the posted wait time). When I got to the bottom of the escalator, they allowed them to join me.

I saw a report that they have the umbrellas at EPCOT now.
I think i saw the umbrella on a YouTube channel the other day but was not sure if they had them or not. I will add it to the first post once conformed

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!