Guess who's back, back again? Time to say bye bye bye to my couch and hello to a new start. Roxymama's 10mile/15k fall training plan

Is that really the best way to conquer FOMO? :duck:

You are very correct...it is the worst way. But I keep reminding myself that I have a possible Star Wars with sister's family (sometime in a galaxy far far away) and 2021 trip with hubby/kiddo on the most possibly maybe list.
I've said it before but if they had all of these disney races in the midwest I'd do all of them :)

I love that your weekly recaps are back :) Great consistency!

How cool (&hipsterish haha) do you two sound drinking whiskey in your basement and listening to Disney records?! Can I come drink a whiskey diet coke (hold the whiskey) and listen along? :)

I only 60% understand soccer, but am a big fan of that women's team regardless- what a fun evening for RoxyKiddo!

I love that your weekly recaps are back :) Great consistency!

How cool (&hipsterish haha) do you two sound drinking whiskey in your basement and listening to Disney records?! Can I come drink a whiskey diet coke (hold the whiskey) and listen along? :)

I only 60% understand soccer, but am a big fan of that women's team regardless- what a fun evening for RoxyKiddo!

I don't know all the rules of soccer. I've watched hockey for such a long time that I'll pick up on things like offsides and set playes, etc, but I don't pretend to understand it all. I do know that watching it in person up close is more fun than on tv because man do these athletes run fast. They go from what you think is fast to sooooo fast in two seconds. I'm always amazed when they can chase down a ball that I'd just be standing there waving good bye to.

i am with you Roxymama. I am in awe of how fast the soccer players are and you really see it when you watch in person not on TV. I mean fast. I go to soccer games, but I never played, so like you i have picked up on stuff but i don't understand most of it. I am totally jealous how FAST they are, including the women.

That Red Star game most have been awesome. I love soccer and since Philly doesn’t have a NWSL team (yet) I root for the Red Stars since Julie Ertz’s husband Zach is a TE for the Eagles.

As for soccer players and running, yeah they are fast. They also run a lot. A midfielder will run somewhere between 5-7 miles a game.

Well it's been a full month since my last training journal report so my attempt at restarting journaling on a consistent basis flamed out. I may just need to embrace that right now there isn't enough "free-time"/"me-time" to devote to it. Work is a lot and will continue to be a lot. Lunch breaks are no longer a thing. And I'm putting a lot of effort into family time during free time. And then there's the time needed for actual running/training.

I'm keeping this journal up though because I've got a three day weekend coming up and maybe that will be a good chance to throw down some "stuff Roxymama has been up to"....like a montage in a movie to show time elapsing. I've got tons of "fun pics" of stuff my family has been up to.
Trying not to beat myself up over this. For every day I didn't get to it, made not getting to it the next day easier and easier.

I still love race recaps and throwing down silliness now and then, I just think life was at a different pace the last few years prior to last year. I could use a solid "ROXY GO RUN" yelled at me for tomorrow morning because the weather is finally turning to that perfect fall crisp stuff I love. Fingers crossed the humidity train doesn't arrive at the station this weekend. I'm tired of that guy.

Emotionally I'm still grieving (though I'd like to put on a brave face as much as possible) and to say my stress levels are elevated would be pretty accurate. I turn to sad more often than happy which isn't like me in general. I have the best people surrounding me, but sometimes after my long days and getting all the "stuff" I need to do done (which HAHA, I'm never getting all of it done...hello laundry mounds) I've been turning to mindless internet browsing in bed or just sleeping.

I hope y'all can understand...I am trying...and also trying to cut myself some slack. T-minus a month until race day. So stay tuned for some updates (just not sure when exactly) as we get closer. I think crossing this finish line will be cathartic.

PS I officially signed up for hot chocolate after realizing I had not yet.

I saw these online the other day and thought of you.

Doing all the things is not possible, doing some of the things you love is also not always possible, so good on you for cutting yourself some slack. Regularly writing IS hard, and will be there when you need it and when things change (as they always do) and you find yourself typing away again. Until then- Hot Chocolate has always sounded fun to me so I hope you have the opportunity to share your experience when you finish.

I saw these online the other day and thought of you.

View attachment 431116
Doing all the things is not possible, doing some of the things you love is also not always possible, so good on you for cutting yourself some slack. Regularly writing IS hard, and will be there when you need it and when things change (as they always do) and you find yourself typing away again. Until then- Hot Chocolate has always sounded fun to me so I hope you have the opportunity to share your experience when you finish.

Those ears are so awesome! I hadn't ever seen the mickey on the back until this picture.

And thanks for the words of encouragement. And I definitely will share my race raceps for sure. If I don't brag about my swag and medals...have I even ran a race???

I still love race recaps and throwing down silliness now and then, I just think life was at a different pace the last few years prior to last year.
That can absolutely happen. I have many things I threaten to do for my own training journal. Well it's September now and I've posted little more about the marathon than I did it. Life got very busy after I got back and hasn't really slowed down since.
I may just need to embrace that right now there isn't enough "free-time"/"me-time" to devote to it.
Priorities matter. And that may well mean typing up a quick recap of running here just isn't anywhere near the top of that list.
Emotionally I'm still grieving (though I'd like to put on a brave face as much as possible) and to say my stress levels are elevated would be pretty accurate. I turn to sad more often than happy which isn't like me in general.
While both of my parents are still here, I talk with clients frequently who have lost one or both of their parents. It isn't easy. Nor do I believe is it supposed to be. Family relationships and bonds matter very much. Those bonds help us find happiness and joy in this life and give us something to look forward to in the life to come.

Howdy! I'm looking to book my hotel room and have a question....

If I stay in the Millenium Park area will I be able to safely walk to the start? Google Maps says it's about a 20 minute walk, but we know reality can be quite different! And is the start address really 111 N Lake Shore Drive??? It's a boat yard??? I was hoping they would have put out a course map by now :rolleyes2

Howdy! I'm looking to book my hotel room and have a question....

If I stay in the Millenium Park area will I be able to safely walk to the start? Google Maps says it's about a 20 minute walk, but we know reality can be quite different! And is the start address really 111 N Lake Shore Drive??? It's a boat yard??? I was hoping they would have put out a course map by now :rolleyes2

Millenium Park is really convenient and safe if the race is starting by DuSable Harbor. This is where the Rock N Roll races used to start for the 5k distances and lots of Chicago races start near there. It's probably not starting at the actual boat yard but on the lake shore path and green space next to it. I've also ran some turkey trots from there. It's probably going to be about 3/4 mile from a Millenium Park hotel depending on which one you choose.
I will likely be driving down and parking nearby Maggie Daley Park which is down the street, so if you'd feel better having me pick you up before parking I'm ok with that.
I'm eagerly awaiting the course map as well!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!