skippercanteen

Earning My Ears
I know there's a rumor that a Guardians of the Galaxy ride is going to replace Ellen's Energy Adventure, but it would make a lot of sense to just replace Star Tours. For one they're already building Star Wars Land in Hollywood studios, so they basically have to replace the ride. And it would cost a lot less to reskin Star tours, than building a roller coaster in Epcot. Just me?

Star tours isn't going anywhere until Star Wars land opens.

Epcot also needs a lot of work.

I don't see star tours going anywhere, even when Star Wars land opens. The theming of the ride inside and out is great and I don't see any reason they would want to change it. And it'll be right there before the entrance to the new land.

Idk if they'll do a GotG ride where Ellen's Energy Adventure is, because I would think they'd already be started on it after the first film came out and was successful. And a GotG ride doesn't really make sense to be in Epcot. However I'd like to see it happen

I don't see star tours going anywhere, even when Star Wars land opens. The theming of the ride inside and out is great and I don't see any reason they would want to change it. And it'll be right there before the entrance to the new land.

Idk if they'll do a GotG ride where Ellen's Energy Adventure is, because I would think they'd already be started on it after the first film came out and was successful. And a GotG ride doesn't really make sense to be in Epcot. However I'd like to see it happen
It will eventually go away. It isn't conneeed to the new land at all and can easily be rethemed to something else.

Nothing makes sense in Epcot anymore. It's days of future and the world are over. Iger himself said in the yesterday's earnings that Disney is working on adding more IP to the parks.

Maybe they'll have a new stage for Jedi trials? It's basically connected to the ride theme so they couldn't just get rid of it unless they are planning on scrapping that?

Nothing makes sense in Epcot anymore. It's days of future and the world are over. Iger himself said in the yesterday's earnings that Disney is working on adding more IP to the parks.

^This! I think the whole Future World concept at least is going to go away. It is so diluted at this point already. Putting IPs like Frozen, Ratatouille and others in the World Showcase pavilions don't bother me too much as long as they keep the different country's character in tact. But I am afraid that the parks are going to start losing their individual identities and just become "the park with Avatar" or "the park with SW Land."

All of this "scrap Star Tours" talk makes me sad. :sad:

Maybe they can just wrap it up and then I can put it in my backpack and take it home.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!