Guardians of the Galaxy - does intensity vary?

I. Love. This. Ride! TOT was my favorite but GOG to me is a great change!! Anytime my butt comes off the seat and my necklace hits my chin it's a good ride! Think we've had the J5 and Free Ride but I tend to forget what's playing once the ride starts...lol...

. The only one that stands out to me is Hit Me With Your Best Shot. I feel like there are a couple drops that really pull you down noticeably fast, resulting in a lot of air time. So if I had to pick one that's "most intense" I'd say it's that one.

That's funny because Hit Me With Your Best Shot is the one I would say is the least intense for me. It is the only one where I am not shaky on my feet for a few minutes when I get off the ride. Everyone has a different perception I guess.

I've had both Free Ride and I Want You Back. I can't remember whether it was Free Ride or I Want You Back that made DD swear to never get on it again- and she drew blood where her fingers were digging into DH during the ride. I think it may have been "I Want You Back" It felt like the drops went on forever. It really felt like more drops than any other time we had ridden it.

Interesting! DH and I were just talking about how much more intense GOG feels compared to TOT. DS9 does not really like, but will usually ride at least once. He is a trooper! We are huge Jackson 5 fans and always hope for that song.

Free ride feels most intense to me, love it! I’ve been on that ride dozens of times and still haven’t had Hit me with your Best Shot so can’t comment on that one.

That's funny because Hit Me With Your Best Shot is the one I would say is the least intense for me. It is the only one where I am not shaky on my feet for a few minutes when I get off the ride. Everyone has a different perception I guess.

I've had both Free Ride and I Want You Back. I can't remember whether it was Free Ride or I Want You Back that made DD swear to never get on it again- and she drew blood where her fingers were digging into DH during the ride. I think it may have been "I Want You Back" It felt like the drops went on forever. It really felt like more drops than any other time we had ridden it.
I think the fact that there are so many different opinions goes to show that there really isn’t all that much difference in intensity in the songs!

My DW and I love this ride! The first time I rode it, I had no idea what to expect (I really enjoyed TOT). J5 was the most intense for me, but I am blame it on knowing absolutely nothing about the ride going in. That was quite. the. surprise.

Interesting! DH and I were just talking about how much more intense GOG feels compared to TOT. DS9 does not really like, but will usually ride at least once. He is a trooper! We are huge Jackson 5 fans and always hope for that song.
The ride is more intense than TOT, but theme is more fun and less dark. My DD8 loves this ride, it has been her favorite since her first ride. She remembers TOT as being scary and is hesitant about riding TOT next year in FL.

The ride is more intense than TOT, but theme is more fun and less dark. My DD8 loves this ride, it has been her favorite since her first ride. She remembers TOT as being scary and is hesitant about riding TOT next year in FL.

My DS9 had never been on TOT before the overlay. We felt so bad when we talked him into GOTG because we did not realize how much more intense it was. Oops! He isn't scared in the queue, only when we sit in the seats. I think he would have not liked TOT at all, and I could see him sitting out TOT at WDW as well! He loves Guardians though, so that helps I think!

DS11 had been on TOT before the overlay and wasn't really a fan. He would ride it, but didn't really like it. He LOVES GOTG though!

I've done Free Ride several times and most of the other variations. Never had I noticed enough difference to say one was better than another. They feel about the same in WOWNESS to me! :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter