GTKTW Stay coming up!

AddiesDad1

Earning My Ears
Hey y’all!
My daughter was granted a wish and we leave in like 3 weeks to head to Disney. We are going to be staying at the Give the Kids the World Resort. We have a 5 year old and a 2.5 year old so we are looking for tips, tricks, planning advice and some what to expect.

A couple of the biggest questions is
1.what can our 2.5 year old son actually ride?
2. How much money should be bring for unexpected expenses?

We are also looking for any more advice and tips as we plan.

Thanks in Advance!!

Hey y’all!
My daughter was granted a wish and we leave in like 3 weeks to head to Disney. We are going to be staying at the Give the Kids the World Resort. We have a 5 year old and a 2.5 year old so we are looking for tips, tricks, planning advice and some what to expect.

Thanks in Advance!!
Give Kids the World Village is an amazing place!
You will have so much fun and create a lot of wonderful memories!

There is a specific thread devoted to Wish trips near the top of this board. Check it out for some hints.

Regarding what your 2.5 yr old can ride, it really depends on how tall he is.
You can use this height calculator to figure out which rides he can do:
https://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/height.htm

Whichever of your children is the Wish child, it would be good to talk to the doctor about any restrictions. There is a post in the disABILITIES FAQs thread near this board (or follow the link in my signature)

You can also get height and restrictions information from the My Disney Experience App

Hi, AddiesDad1.

I don't have any answers, but I just wanted to say Best Wishes to you and your Dear Daughter.

Hey y’all!

Thanks in Advance!!

Hey y’all!

Thanks in Advance!!
if your kids are good with characters make sure you arrange to have Mayor Clayton of GKTW tuck your kids in one night. the main thing I tell anyone staying at GKTW is make sure you have extra suitcase room for your trip home. also check the Village schedule and plan any of those activities your kids will enjoy esp the Christmas Party which used to happen on Thursdays. there are characters from some park almost every day for Village guests to meet. at almost every picture time at the Village there will be "Angels" to get pictures with your camera so you all can be in pictures. as for your younger child rides unless older is tall they both can ride most things. he can ride anything without a height requirement. everything at the Village food, rides there, parties and their activities are included with your trip. not sure how much my grandsons each got for spending on their trips but I do not think mom paid for anything above what she was given from Make A Wish. plan on being spoiled at the Village and make sure you plan some time to spend there beside the parks

Thanks everyone who has answered this far!!
thought of one other thing if your daughter is pony/horse crazy as most at her age make sure you make time for horseback ride at the village. even your son can if he wants. there are "Angels" who walk beside the kids if I remember correctly used to be wed and sat mornings. you will not be able to do everything at the Village and everything at all the parks. pick what you and your kids want to do most

My son was a wish child 3 years ago, we just came back from volunteering. The questions I was most asked was what parks do we do in this short time. You can go to any park in florida. They just trade out tickets. You get 3 day hopper wdw, 2 park to park unaversal and one seaworld standard. We did all our Disney in two days and seaworld half a day unaversal the other half. Then a full day at islands of adventure. One rest day at clearwater beach also went to the florida aquarium that day to meet winter from dolphin tale. Caught gatorland on the way to the airport.
Our son was so happy but so tired. All the parties are after dinner at 7pm so worth going if you are not at the parks. Thursday night is christmas they meet santa and get a full size toy. Dont miss Halloween is also super cool.
Pack light use the washer in your villa, bring an extra suitcase for all the stuff you get. Where your wish shirt to the parks it helps them see your genie pass... or lanyard. A lot of people get them early so they can customize them.
Have a great time. Our wish agency gave us cash to spend so we didnt spend anything.
There is a walmart right down the street from gtktw we brought lunchables and refillable britta waterbottles everyday to stretch our money. Also instead of the hard stroller we got a wheelchair both our kids sat in it easier than the hard plastic. They are free for wish familes at all the parks.
If I were you I would come up with a loosely plan for the days you want to go. With the genie pass you can move through the parks quickly.
If I could do it again I would have taken a few days of vacation and added them to the end of the trip no you would not be at gtktw but you have park tickets and your wish agarcy can let you come back whenever you want.

Here is the calander for your planning needs you will get one on check in, but just so you can see

Attachments

• 20190321_154457~3.jpg
    20190321_154457~3.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 8
  • 20190321_154427~2.jpg
    20190321_154427~2.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 7

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter