Growing up, what was the 3 best things

low-key

14001, 60056, 224
about being in your family ?

1. Parents who love you

2. A mom who wouldnt hide your secrets from dad ( I hated it at the time "Bob guess what Jay did" but it got the it anit all about me attitude far from me

3. And when we become teenagers and young adults sometimes we think were being true to yourself but I had a dad, who might come up to me "Jay your making an *** of yourself" I think a lot of people who have absentee dads suffer without the voice of reason screaming in your ear (esp boys)

2. My Mom was one in a million. She loved us with all her heart and soul. To this day, nobody has loved me like she did.
3.My Mom's parents,who we called Mom-Mom and Poppy. They were also full of love and support, and they were hilarious, too. Very off-color, I can't give anecdotes without getting points. :teeth:

1) My mom, always supported my decisions
2) My dad, even when he was terminally ill he tried to make my childhood as normal as possible. He passed away a month before my 10th birthday
3) My mom....after my dad passed.....trying to make my childhood as normal as possible, while working full time, and dealing with the loss of her husband.

Omg, all of it! I had a wonderful childhood and the best parents ever...they still are. They're kind of people who included my DH and his kids immediately and we're so blessed to have them close by.

If had to number 3 things:

1) Family vacations - we did a couple a year, usually WDW and the beach, or the beach twice, and then we got to spend a week a year with my grandparents while my folks went away by themselves. Those were awesome weeks too.
2) gardening and canning with my parents and grandparents (I hate gardening now due to allergies, but still love canning/preserving food)
3) saturday nights with my cousins. My parents and uncles with their gfs/spouses would all go out and they'd gather us in one house with pizza (Domino's thin pepperoni) and a sitter and it was so much fun.

1 Growing up with a mother who was a strong, independent woman. She loved us fiercely.

2. Having my Dad who always had our backs. He may not approve of our choices and sometimes he did let us fall but he was always there for us. Always there with a helping hand.

3 Growing up in several family run businesses all in one little area. So mom and dad had the grocery store, my uncle ran the gas station and grandparents had a restaurant. All us cousins worked in different businesses at different times. We learned to work with anyone and to be able to figure out what to do on a dime.

Excellent question!

1. My parents - loving, intelligent, wanting the best for us - I know I was lucky!
2. My grandmother lived nearby. When we were old enough, we could walk to her house, and she came over at least one evening a week to spend time with us.
3. We had "enough" - meaning anything we actually needed, plus some extras, but not so much that we were spoiled. We learned how to fix things, save up for things, etc.

1. My Mom-was and is a force that centers me
2. My sister-14 year’s older than me and my friend, mentor, confidant. She passed 6 years ago and I miss her everyday.
3. My Aunt and my Grandad. Sorry. Can’t chose. They built me up when others-bullies, other Aunts/Uncles tore me down.

Excellent question!

1. My parents - loving, intelligent, wanting the best for us - I know I was lucky!
2. My grandmother lived nearby. When we were old enough, we could walk to her house, and she came over at least one evening a week to spend time with us.
3. We had "enough" - meaning anything we actually needed, plus some extras, but not so much that we were spoiled. We learned how to fix things, save up for things, etc.

I really like that. I think it was how I was raised and how DH is trying to raise the kids. Both my parents and DH and I may cross over to the spoiled line every so often, but I think that's a great way to raise a kid. Everything they need, plus a little without making the kids spoiled is just perfect!

1. My Mom was a stay at home mom.
2. My Dad always took us fishing, well, he allowed us to go with him :):)
3. It was just my sister and I and we are 18 mo apart so we were/are pretty close.
bonus: There was always humor. Immediate and extended families!

1. Fiercely supportive of one another.
2. Always around when I needed them.
3. Can't think of another one so I'll go back to "fiercely supportive" and "always around", especially my grandma. My grandma is the most incredible person on this planet, she stepped up and raised me when my mom wasn't able to and when I grew up she helped me to raise my kids because my husband sure wasn't going to help. She watched my son--who has Asperger's and could be difficult to take care of--for years, for free, so that I could finish college and try to establish a career, she would never accept money. And she's not rich by any means, she's just a good person. She never lectured me about my poor life choices (and I've made plenty of sucky choices that she could have called out). When I had to flee my husband with my two kids she allowed us to move in, no questions asked, let us stay there rent-free until I had a job lined up, let me use her car to drive to and from work so I could save up to buy my own car, I could go on and on. I wouldn't be where I am today without her and I literally owe her everything.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter