• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Group of Women need advice!

bostonlass

Mouseketeer
I'm trying to plan a brief (2 to 3 day) getaway to Disney for a bunch of women that I am friends with. The majority are moms and we would like to get away from our hectic lives and do the Disney that WE want to do.....of course we'll bring our kids at some point in the year too but this time will be just for us. :cool1: :cool1:

I want to plan it during value season so we'll get the most bang for our buck. Does anyone have any suggestions on hotels that would be condusive to our crowd? I don't think we'd do the value resorts so it would either be moderate or deluxe, depending on the price. I'll have an AP since I"m going in Feb with the kiddo's. Anyone know when those rates may come out for say August?

Thanks for any tips you might have! :banana:

Bridget

I would suggest any Epcot resort just for the walking access to Boardwalk, the International Gateway of Epcot, MGM, etc. So that would be YC/BC, Boardwalk or Swan/Dolphin. I'd probably go with whichever of those had the best rate for the dates. Are any of the women teachers, nurses, government employees or military? If so, you might be able to snag a good discount at Swan/Dolphin. And if any are Starwood Platinum members, maybe even an upgrade.

Susan

SusanDK said:
I would suggest any Epcot resort just for the walking access to Boardwalk, the International Gateway of Epcot, MGM, etc. So that would be YC/BC, Boardwalk or Swan/Dolphin. I'd probably go with whichever of those had the best rate for the dates. Are any of the women teachers, nurses, government employees or military? If so, you might be able to snag a good discount at Swan/Dolphin. And if any are Starwood Platinum members, maybe even an upgrade.

Susan

We're all glasses wearin', pocket protector totin' accountants, so no discount there I don't think. The AAA discount isn't too bad. Just wish they'd open up an AP rate for that time period!

Thanks! :wave:

Have you thought about trying to rent DVC points from someone on their board? Ya'll could all stay in the same place with a couple of bedrooms and a pull out couch. I can say that I love the Port Orleans Riverside and in June I'm staying in Port Orleans French Quarter. I hope you have a great trip with your friends.

you have stayed at FQ - so you know about the moderates -

if anyone needs to save money - don't count out the values - I love Pop Century and I think it might appeal to your group. Everyone would probably have been born in the 90 or 80 - lots of memories at this place!

you can rent points from a DVC member and stay at OKW, SSR (the newest), BCV, BWV or VWL.

BWV, BCV and VWL will be the same price

SSR is be a little cheaper

OKW will be a lot cheaper - but bigger rooms.

the prices are done on points - which are done on location.

I would suggest a bunch of studios - the 2-bedroom are great and would probably fit your entire group -but they have a full kitchen - even if you don't use it - it might reminder someone of home.... :earseek: :rolleyes1

the later part of Aug (16-31) is cheaper
all studios and all Sun-thurs (fri/sat is much more expensive)

VWL, BWV and BCV - 13 points so around $130

SSR -12 points so around $120

OKW - 10 points so around $100

I would suggest either BWV or BCV - because of being able to walk/boat to Epcot or Studios. Or SSR because of being able to walk/boat/bus to DD/PI if you intend to party.

Thanks! Actually I haven't been to POFQ yet...that's for Feb of 2006 with my kids. Pop Century looks pretty cool. I found a cheap (to me anyway) AAA rate from Aug 19 - 22 with hotel, air and transfers included for about $350. We'd just have to buy tickets. That's with doing the value. I can't find airfare for much less than $250 roundtrip so I might go with the AAA.

I can't wait! :cheer2:

for your plane - go look at

www.airtran.com

I got rate of $174.30 flying out of Boston May 27 coming back June 4.

so Feb might be cheaper if before President's week.

for other airlines - go visit the transportation board here.

Do check out airfares. We fly from Boston to MCO or TPA all the time- never pay more than $200 and that is on vacation weeks. Try Jet blue, Delta Song and Southwest. SWA just had an incredable sale- 115 rt to fla. I booked w/ aaa for room,tix and myw dining but found I could do air for much less.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter