Group Dinners

Tissa

DIS Veteran
I'm looking to book either Germany or Ireland for summer 2010. From what I've been reading in a few trip reports the group dinner food choices seem very Americanized. Maybe I'm mistaken but it seems like I read about chicken, pasta, etc... If I'm traveling all the way to Germany I do not want to eat food I can get at home. I want to eat what the locals do. Maybe they eat chicken and pasta, what do I know:rotfl:

I'm looking to book either Germany or Ireland for summer 2010. From what I've been reading in a few trip reports the group dinner food choices seem very Americanized. Maybe I'm mistaken but it seems like I read about chicken, pasta, etc... If I'm traveling all the way to Germany I do not want to eat food I can get at home. I want to eat what the locals do. Maybe they eat chicken and pasta, what do I know:rotfl:

We were on the Ireland trip in May - we had plenty of "locale" cusine to choose from on the group dinners along with the chicken, pasta, etc. With Ireland being known for fresh seafood, we had plenty of smoked salmon, fresh oysters, crab...there was a large cheese selection, full irish breakfast every morning...plus some meals on your own so you will have plenty of opportunity to try new foods. :surfweb:

Thanks for the reply. I'm sure everything will be great. I loved your trip report, it got me really wanting to do the Ireland trip.

Thanks for the reply. I'm sure everything will be great. I loved your trip report, it got me really wanting to do the Ireland trip.

Thanks! You will have a wonderful time should you decide to go...DH and I are still talking about and it's been 7 months since our trip! Our Christmas card this year was a wonderful pic of DH and I at the Rock of Cashel in the county of Tipperary - the view behind us is awesome and very GREEN!

.....plays Irish music (in the background) while showing very beautiful Irish landscapes and such. You will find it in the section/ department that sells candles (NOT THE ELECTRONICS DEPARTMENT). I just saw it the other day in the Walmart up here & love watching it!:love: I have it (the empty dvd case) showcased above my tv as a motivational budgeting tool since I also want to add a pre-day.

Looking forward to the trip -

But.....gotta ask all of you.....what month would you suggest I go????
I am looking to go in 2010.

- Kris

I would if I knew how - can anyone tell me??
Well, the way I do it is to go to a site like Photobucket.com. Create an account there (it's free). They have a tool where you browse your PC for the picture, and upload it to to your account. Once it uploads it, you'll see a link below the picture ("direct link") Copy that link. (You can double-click on it, then do whatever you do to copy, like "right-click-copy" or whatever.) Then, when you are creating a reply here, there is an icon in the tool bar that looks sort of like a picture (mountain & sun). The caption is "Insert Image". Click on that, when it comes up, a pop-up will come up. Paste the URL of the picture (direct link) into the space, then click "OK".

That will format the picture into the post. That *should* do it!

If you have any problems, PM me, and I'll try & get you through it!

Sayhello

JBIreland.jpg

Well, the way I do it is to go to a site like Photobucket.com. Create an account there (it's free). They have a tool where you browse your PC for the picture, and upload it to to your account. Once it uploads it, you'll see a link below the picture ("direct link") Copy that link. (You can double-click on it, then do whatever you do to copy, like "right-click-copy" or whatever.) Then, when you are creating a reply here, there is an icon in the tool bar that looks sort of like a picture (mountain & sun). The caption is "Insert Image". Click on that, when it comes up, a pop-up will come up. Paste the URL of the picture (direct link) into the space, then click "OK".

That will format the picture into the post. That *should* do it!

If you have any problems, PM me, and I'll try & get you through it!

Sayhello

Thanks for the help! Picture is posted!!!

.....plays Irish music (in the background) while showing very beautiful Irish landscapes and such. You will find it in the section/ department that sells candles (NOT THE ELECTRONICS DEPARTMENT). I just saw it the other day in the Walmart up here & love watching it!:love: I have it (the empty dvd case) showcased above my tv as a motivational budgeting tool since I also want to add a pre-day.

Looking forward to the trip -

But.....gotta ask all of you.....what month would you suggest I go????
I am looking to go in 2010.

- Kris

We went May 15 - 25. We wore jeans/khakis, long sleeve and/or short sleeve t-shirts during the day, maybe a light jacket/sweater at night. Perfect weather for sightseeing, didn't get hot, didn't get cold. I can tell you that we had BEAUTIFUL weather, it rained only one day on our trip and even that didn't ruin the day. On the day that we visited the Cliffs, we did wear gloves and hats, it was chilly and very windy. Not a bone chilling wind but I'm glad we covered up!

We went May 15 - 25. We wore jeans/khakis, long sleeve and/or short sleeve t-shirts during the day, maybe a light jacket/sweater at night. Perfect weather for sightseeing, didn't get hot, didn't get cold. I can tell you that we had BEAUTIFUL weather, it rained only one day on our trip and even that didn't ruin the day. On the day that we visited the Cliffs, we did wear gloves and hats, it was chilly and very windy. Not a bone chilling wind but I'm glad we covered up!

-----

When should I reserve this??? Book in Aug 2009 (approx time when rates for 2010 come out) or wait until Oct 2009 (when my "Sprirt of America" trip is over) so I would receive the ABV Discount for rebooking w/them or.....??
Or am I just acting a wee bit Goofy myself over this?????

P.S. May 2010 does sound good!:cloud9:

-----

When should I reserve this??? Book in Aug 2009 (approx time when rates for 2010 come out) or wait until Oct 2009 (when my "Sprirt of America" trip is over) so I would receive the ABV Discount for rebooking w/them or.....??
Or am I just acting a wee bit Goofy myself over this?????

P.S. May 2010 does sound good!:cloud9:

We booked in in early September and received the early booking rate. On our trip, the 10% coupon we received for booking another trip was good only for booking at the FULL rate, not the early booking rate. I don't know if that still applies, you might want to check with someone at ABD...

We booked in in early September and received the early booking rate. On our trip, the 10% coupon we received for booking another trip was good only for booking at the FULL rate, not the early booking rate. I don't know if that still applies, you might want to check with someone at ABD...

Per the isue of when to book - a hugh thank you for the heads up as it sounds to me via your suggestion that it really doesn't make a difference of when you book (early or full rate) since the 10% off etc ONLY applies to full rate (WWAAAAA!).
Nontheless, I still appreciate what you have said for yes, I will book in late Aug 2009/early Sept 2009 (when rates for 2010 come out) for May 2010! :woohoo:
And yes, the only way/reason for me to do something different is if they offer the EB discount; as they DIDN"T have that/offer it when I booked the Spirit of America trip (Sept 2008) for Oct 2009 (GO FIGURE).
Ah well, looking forward to the trip! Thanks for the suggestion!:thumbsup2

And yes, the only way/reason for me to do something different is if they offer the EB discount; as they DIDN"T have that/offer it when I booked the Spirit of America trip (Sept 2008) for Oct 2009 (GO FIGURE).
Yes, there are only a limited number of EB discounts. They are really poorly named, because how early you book doesn't matter as much as how many people booked before you.

Sayhello

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter