Grocery Shopping

chris1212

Mouseketeer
Where is the best/closest place to pick up groceries? We are staying at the Residence Inn, so planning on eating a lot of meals in. We will also have a car, so able to drive. Suggestions?

Thanks!

There is a Target down the street on Harbor that has a lot of groceries. There is also a Food Maxx on Katella that is a full grocery store and very large.

We aren't sure what we will be getting, so prefer to wander the aisles of the supermarket instead! The day we get there we aren't going to the parks anyways, so we have some time.

I heard Target was more expensive for groceries?

We've always ordered from Vons ahead of time and had it delivered to the hotel - residence inn usually.

west of katella, maybe that is the foodmax, also a neighborhood wal-mart west of katella and fast food Carls'. The wal-mart prices are great!!! Plus you drive past the old Disneyland neighbor hood and Buddhist temple, and all theose tall Palm trees on Katella, so a very scenic drive.

On our last trip we had a rough meal plan and grocery list made before we left. I went to the store the first night after the kids were asleep. I can’t inagine wandering aimlessly in a grocery for “stuff” on vacation.

Isn't this place great...we all march to a different Disney drummer....which I think makes Disneyland function. I love to wander aimlessly thru grocery stores and the "stuff" I look for are those big yellow Fry's discount stickers, than with all the savings i plunk into a huge jar ( takes a huge jar to go to Disnyland). Even on vacation on I-5 , wife and I stop at grocery outlets to stretch and look for bargains. Not in a tight wad fashion, but just an opportunity to stretch and see variety of foods......Now when it comes to touring Disneyland, I am very structured and my touring failure is to not wander aimlessly

Another vote for the nearby Neighborhood Market (walmart grocery). We too wandered around trying to get new ideas for breakfast items, snacks, drinks..etc.

Ya we don't do meal plans at home, never mind on vacation! We are in at lunch anyways, so don't mind running some errands to get settled the first day. Kids like to pick out snacks so we can stock up for the parks too.

If you have a car then yes, check out Target further up S Harbor as well as Foods 4 Less west on Katella. Between those two we are normally set for our trip!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter