Grocery delivery timing

Shannon G

DIS Veteran
We will be arriving next Monday, and plan to have groceries delivered to our hotel (Tropicana) fromo Vons/Pavilion. Tropicana will not accept deliveries for guests, so we have to be there to get the delivery, and I am trying to decide on the timing - I can choose from 1 hour delivery windows. We are scheduled to land at LAX at noon - is a 2:00 - 3:00 delivery window fairly safe? What happens if our flight gets delayed - if I call Pavilion can they delay the delivery?

We are flying from the east coast and have an earlly morning departure, and I'm sure we will need a nap when we get there, so don't want to schedule a delivery too late. But, I also don't want to cut it too close. I'm even wondering if it I would be better off to just get an uber to the grocery store once we've checked into the hotel, so I don't have to worry about the timing.

Are you going to the parks on your travel day? If not, I'd plan 3-4pm.... But I tend to overestimate the time something will take :)

12N: flight lands
12:15: off plane
12:30: baggage claim

Travel time is 45+ minutes, assuming there's no delays with shuttle/taxi/ride share/hired car. My average experience is just over 60 minutes mid-day.

1:30: likely checking into hotel
1:45: getting to room and unpacked...

I'm a routine person, so I would want to unpack clothes and such before being summoned to come get the food delivery. You'd have time to unpack, settle in, freshen up before the delivery arrives and you continue with the rest of your day.

If you're heading to the parks on your travel day, then I would keep the 2-3pm, and keep fingers crossed.

Are you going to the parks on your travel day? If not, I'd plan 3-4pm.... But I tend to overestimate the time something will take :)

12N: flight lands
12:15: off plane
12:30: baggage claim

Travel time is 45+ minutes, assuming there's no delays with shuttle/taxi/ride share/hired car. My average experience is just over 60 minutes mid-day.

1:30: likely checking into hotel
1:45: getting to room and unpacked...

I'm a routine person, so I would want to unpack clothes and such before being summoned to come get the food delivery. You'd have time to unpack, settle in, freshen up before the delivery arrives and you continue with the rest of your day.

If you're heading to the parks on your travel day, then I would keep the 2-3pm, and keep fingers crossed.

Thanks. We are not going to a park on arrival day. Anyway, I ended up deciding to rent a car for the afternoon. We'll pick up the car at LAX, stop at the grocery store on the way to the hotel, check in, unload, then I will return it to the location in Anaheim (National Car Rental, only about 1/2 mile from the Tropicana). I'm hoping that early afternoon on a Monday (which also happens to be President's day) the traffic won't be too bad. I just know that once we get settled into the room I'm going to be in desperate need of a nap, after being up early enough to catch a flight at 6 am eastern time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter