Grocery delivery for dummies?

Candycane83

DIS Veteran
Bear with me please! So we’re going during Christmas time (crazy I know but it’s booked :crazy:) I was thinking of having some groceries delivered to the resort (I want water, maybe some cereal, milk, fruit maybe...) . How does it work? Do I put in the shipping address to direct to my name and put guest? Should I email someone to alert them? Does this work for any package overall? (Also thinking of buying something from Shopdisney lol!) Thank you!

I am doing this too when we go in October. The last time we did a Disney trip we used Amazon Prime now. Are you an amazon prime member? If not, sign up for a free 30 day membership trial close to your trip. You go to the site, choose the items that you want, then choose a two hour delivery window when a driver will deliver everything to the lobby of your resort. The prices were the SAME as if I was shopping at my local grocery store back home. Shipping and delivery was free. You will enter the name and address of your resort and you are good to go. We entered our order before we got on the plane, signed up for delivery that night between 6-8 pm and loved it. They even packaged our cold items in nice cold bags with a foil lining. If you need more stuff during your trip, you can get it within two hours of placing the order. It saves TONS of money. Just have someone in the lobby to greet the delivery person, they do not deliver to your room, just the lobby. We tipped the driver! Happy planning!

I am doing this too when we go in October. The last time we did a Disney trip we used Amazon Prime now. Are you an amazon prime member? If not, sign up for a free 30 day membership trial close to your trip. You go to the site, choose the items that you want, then choose a two hour delivery window when a driver will deliver everything to the lobby of your resort. The prices were the SAME as if I was shopping at my local grocery store back home. Shipping and delivery was free. You will enter the name and address of your resort and you are good to go. We entered our order before we got on the plane, signed up for delivery that night between 6-8 pm and loved it. They even packaged our cold items in nice cold bags with a foil lining. If you need more stuff during your trip, you can get it within two hours of placing the order. It saves TONS of money. Just have someone in the lobby to greet the delivery person, they do not deliver to your room, just the lobby. We tipped the driver! Happy planning!
Thanks for all the info! My husband is a prime member but here in Canada. Not sure how it works across the border. I’ll try and see if it will let him order stuff the same way. 😁

Did you have to use Amazon Fresh? I've tried to purchase apples and water before, and was confused about the different delivery services. It didn't seem like I could get what I wanted using regular prime. Maybe I'm just confused?

I used amazon prime now, be sure to enter the zip code for universal, which is 32819. Amazon prime now is FREE with your membership! Amazon Fresh costs an additional $14.99 per month! I am sure when you enter the zip code and see the prices and selection you will be so happy that you chose this way!

OOOH! It's an app. Or, at least, I think it is. I tried to get this to work on my laptop with just signing into the account - no dice. I downloaded the Amazon Prime app, and everything is working great.

Thanks!!

I was able to use the Amazon Prime now app. I live in Baltimore, MD. Our food prices are pretty low, so I found the app prices to be a little high. One of my best friends lives in Albany, NY, though, and I found the prices to be either comparable or less than what they typically are in her area. So, my conclusion is that food prices are likely right around what it would cost to buy the same items in the Florida grocery stores, but with free delivery. Sweet!

Buying food items and having them delivered to our hotel definitely saved us a boatload of money, and allowed us to eat much better, than if we would have had to buy breakfast each morning and food for all meals on the train ride home. So it worked great for us. Planning for the 2 hour window was annoying, but you can lessen that if you don't mind paying the $4.99 fee. Thank you for all the help!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!