>> Resort Grocery Delivery FAQ <<

Bit of an odd one - I have a Prime account for Amazon.co.uk, not Amazon.com - would I need a Prime US account to use Amazon pantry to my Disney resort?
I believe so, our Prime account in Canada doesn’t work in the USA. But there is an option for the 30 day free trial so we plan on using that and then cancelling the USA prime after, no need to pay for a whole year of Prime in another country when we’ll only be using it once

Sorry for the stupid question - We are travelling with kids and they are picky eaters, plus need snack for the room and park.
I found out that our resort Disney swan and dolphin accepts deliveries but it will cost us $100 (shaking my head). So our choice will be to stop at a grocery store on our way from the airport.

If anyone has other ideas on how to use amazon prime now and get it delivered to the hotel it would be great. I am willing to meet the driver in the parking lot but how will I coordinate it.

Sorry for the stupid question - We are travelling with kids and they are picky eaters, plus need snack for the room and park.
I found out that our resort Disney swan and dolphin accepts deliveries but it will cost us $100 (shaking my head). So our choice will be to stop at a grocery store on our way from the airport.

If anyone has other ideas on how to use amazon prime now and get it delivered to the hotel it would be great. I am willing to meet the driver in the parking lot but how will I coordinate it.

You are certainly welcome to meet the driver and not be charged for the delivery. No resort can stop you from taking packages from a car dropping it off. The high pricing sounds like they don't want to have this happen often. Remember these resorts are also convention centers and it would be a nightmare if all the booths took advantage of them to drop off supplies like this.

The Amazon drivers text when they are arriving. You've already scheduled the delivery window using Prime Now so waiting around should not be an issue.

You are certainly welcome to meet the driver and not be charged for the delivery. No resort can stop you from taking packages from a car dropping it off. The high pricing sounds like they don't want to have this happen often. Remember these resorts are also convention centers and it would be a nightmare if all the booths took advantage of them to drop off supplies like this.

The Amazon drivers text when they are arriving. You've already scheduled the delivery window using Prime Now so waiting around should not be an issue.

Since I have not used this service before, a few more questions

I went through the app and say I schedule it for the 1 hour delivery window between 4-5pm, I have pay $5 but that's fine, and I need to select "hand it to someone at my address" then, I just need to make sure I am close to the lobby parking to collect the stuff right when the driver arrives. How do you know its a prime now delivery car? so when you get a text, does it mean they have started driving for delivery, I saw a notes section in the checkout process, do I ask them to call me? do they bring it in some bags to carry it back to the room?

Since I have not used this service before, a few more questions

I went through the app and say I schedule it for the 1 hour delivery window between 4-5pm, I have pay $5 but that's fine, and I need to select "hand it to someone at my address" then, I just need to make sure I am close to the lobby parking to collect the stuff right when the driver arrives.

1) How do you know its a prime now delivery car?
2) so when you get a text, does it mean they have started driving for delivery,
3) I saw a notes section in the checkout process, do I ask them to call me?
4) do they bring it in some bags to carry it back to the room?

1) Unsure about sinage on the car... but I wouldn't worry, they'll be looking for you.
2) Yes
3) you could, but texts seem to work better in my experience and are quite timely
4) No, bringing the packages to the room is all on you. You can employ the help of those people you're buying for, or empty out a piece of luggage to help with the burden. I'm not familiar with the Swan/Dolphin but Disney will charge us $6 plus tip to bring groceries to our room.

I did not meet my Prime Now driver, but I assume they will be like the Walmart driver... they come up to the porte-cochère they will be looking for you and identify you by name, just stand outside and look at cars driving up. There won't be all that many.

Last edited:
A question for those that met their shopper and accepted delivery in person; did you carry all the groceries back to your room yourself? Or did bell services assist you? I’m thinking we would not be able to carry everything ourselves, especially with a toddler in tow. With reports of food not being kept properly chipped I am unsure about having groceries left with bell services.
I go to bell services and get a cart and meet the driver with it.

I go to bell services and get a cart and meet the driver with it.
This depends on the resort you're at. Many such as Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge and the Grand Floridian will not permit you to borrow a cart without using an employee (and being charged that $6 fee plus tip.)

I've heard of some folk at Saratoga Springs and the value resorts having success with this though.

Last edited:

When is the best time to place an Instacart order that includes alcohol? I'm looking at mid-afternoon flights so we should arrive around 6ish and are taking Magic Express to our resort.

Does Garden Grocer still deliver to Bell Services with your id on file with them? Our last order was in 2016 so just want to make sure the recent experience is the same (there was no such thing as Instacart or Amazon grocery back then LOL)

We have used for 5 trips in the past and order included beer, faxed/emailed them my license and they delivered and left at bell services.

Thanks for feedback on recent experience with GG

We are staying at Old Key West and thinking about using Prime Now for groceries. Will need to meet them at the Hospitality House? Any possibility of directing them to our room once we find out where it is? I'm sure we can get Bell Services to bring our groceries to our room but I just want to know what the options are at a spread out resort like Old Key West. I would appreciate information from anyone with past experience there. Thanks.

I'm confused...for AMAZON PRIME...this is on the Page 1 of this thread:
  • Delivery to Bell Services: States delivery to customer only – need real world experience to verify
  • FAQ Link: https://primenow.amazon.com/learn-more?ref_=pn_un_ftr_hiw
  • PROS:
    • Delivers within 2 hours
    • Delivers to Bell Services unless order contains alcohol
  • CONS:
    • Don’t try to make your cart too early
Does Amazon Prime deliver to Bell Services if I'm at the park or not? 🤷‍♀️ Order would have no alcohol. Anyone with experience on them? TIA

We are staying at Old Key West and thinking about using Prime Now for groceries. Will need to meet them at the Hospitality House?

Yes.

Any possibility of directing them to our room once we find out where it is?

In our experience, no.

I'm sure we can get Bell Services to bring our groceries to our room but I just want to know what the options are at a spread out resort like Old Key West. I would appreciate information from anyone with past experience there. Thanks.

We always have Bell Services deliver our order.

I'm confused...for AMAZON PRIME...this is on the Page 1 of this thread:
  • Delivery to Bell Services: States delivery to customer only – need real world experience to verify
  • FAQ Link: https://primenow.amazon.com/learn-more?ref_=pn_un_ftr_hiw
  • PROS:
    • Delivers within 2 hours
    • Delivers to Bell Services unless order contains alcohol
  • CONS:
    • Don’t try to make your cart too early
Does Amazon Prime deliver to Bell Services if I'm at the park or not? 🤷‍♀️ Order would have no alcohol. Anyone with experience on them? TIA

We always have alcohol so meet the drivers. I have read experiences in this thread of them delivering to Bell Services without the guest there.

Since Disney Swan and Dolphin doesn't allow or charge to store the grocery at the bell service. Someone mentioned in another thread to meet the driver. I am confused as to for the address I put the Hotel address, I guess both share the same address, should I put in comments for the driver to call me when at the resort? I will likely get the 1 hour window, do I sit at the lobby waiting for the driver, how do I coordinate?

Also, whats the closest grocery store to Disney world that is on the way where maybe we can ask the uber to take us and make a quick stop.

Since Disney Swan and Dolphin doesn't allow or charge to store the grocery at the bell service. Someone mentioned in another thread to meet the driver. I am confused as to for the address I put the Hotel address, I guess both share the same address, should I put in comments for the driver to call me when at the resort? I will likely get the 1 hour window, do I sit at the lobby waiting for the driver, how do I coordinate?

Also, whats the closest grocery store to Disney world that is on the way where maybe we can ask the uber to take us and make a quick stop.

Have you considered just having one adult go to the grocery store, and the other adult stay back at the resort with the young kids? It would make it easier to not have to worry about car seats with the Uber, and if your kids are anything like mine it's so much faster to get through a grocery shop without kids!
Maybe one parent can stay at the hotel and do bath/bed time while the other parent grocery shops?

Has anyone ever scheduled their delivery for the day before check in? I typically place an arrival day order from Instacart, but I arrive Thursday (yay!) and there are no delivery times available because it’s the holiday. So I chose the latest time on Wednesday and included my reservation number and check in date and instructions to deliver to Bell Services. Will this cause a problem? My other option is to schedule for Friday morning, but I have a long day planned and it would be a lot easier if my order was already there when I arrived.

Has anyone ever scheduled their delivery for the day before check in? I typically place an arrival day order from Instacart, but I arrive Thursday (yay!) and there are no delivery times available because it’s the holiday. So I chose the latest time on Wednesday and included my reservation number and check in date and instructions to deliver to Bell Services. Will this cause a problem? My other option is to schedule for Friday morning, but I have a long day planned and it would be a lot easier if my order was already there when I arrived.

We've done that in the past with zero issues.

Can I only order a day in advance or is there some way to access a calender that I am missing? Is there a spot for notes, reservation name and number somewhere when checking out on Amazon prime now? Any recommendations on how they not misplace out stuff..we won't be able to meet the driver.
Edit to add....I just went to checkout and yes there is place for notes.....

Last edited:
Thank you for discussing Amazon Prime Now.(APN) I’ve used other services and they are expensive, so with all of the positive comments about APN I’m going to try them in 3 weeks. Enjoy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!