>> Resort Grocery Delivery FAQ <<

for Prime orders, I know it says not to order too early. When is it recommended to place an order. For instance if I arrive 8/16 when should I place the order? T

for Prime orders, I know it says not to order too early. When is it recommended to place an order. For instance if I arrive 8/16 when should I place the order? T

For Amazon Prime Now, it's same day delivery. You would place your order within 2 hours of your desired delivery time (or 1 hour for a fee). In my case, I would complete my order when the plane lands (or when I board Magical Express) and my order should be there 2 hours from that time.

You can place items in your cart any time you like, but availability changes all the time so when you're ready to confirm the order, items may no longer be available. There isn't a way to order ahead (for instance, complete your order now for your 8/16 arrival).

For Amazon Prime Now, it's same day delivery. You would place your order within 2 hours of your desired delivery time (or 1 hour for a fee). In my case, I would complete my order when the plane lands (or when I board Magical Express) and my order should be there 2 hours from that time.

You can place items in your cart any time you like, but availability changes all the time so when you're ready to confirm the order, items may no longer be available. There isn't a way to order ahead (for instance, complete your order now for your 8/16 arrival).

thanks so much! I did go on there and start putting items in my cart. Will it let you know what items aren't available when you go to checkout if inventory changed? Our flight lands at 9p on the 16th so if I place my order earlier in the day that day they will just hold the items at bell services until I arrive correct? I usually place orders with GG but prime is so much cheaper. Thanks for your help.

thanks so much! I did go on there and start putting items in my cart. Will it let you know what items aren't available when you go to checkout if inventory changed? Our flight lands at 9p on the 16th so if I place my order earlier in the day that day they will just hold the items at bell services until I arrive correct? I usually place orders with GG but prime is so much cheaper. Thanks for your help.

When I first did this, it did give me an alert when I went to my cart that said "the following items are no longer available/ have had price changes" and then it never gave me that warning again. Just now I checked, and two items were removed from my cart but without scrolling through. Basically, if I had jotted down the list or taken a screen shot it would help keep track and then I could easily find an alternative.

It's not a huge issue BUT sometimes an alternative isn't available (for example, if I had bananas in the cart and those weren't available, it might mean there are no bananas available at all. Again, not a huge issue but it works best if you keep to items you can easily substitute (maybe you can have whole milk for a week instead of 2%, or grapes instead of strawberries for example).

When you check out, you'll choose from available 2 hour delivery windows. So, you could place an order earlier in the day and choose a 2 hour delivery window when you know you'll be available by phone if possible. I say this because the driver MAY have to contact you if an item is not in stock when they get to the store, or bell services/ delivery person may need information when they arrive (rare, but it could happen).

As long as your order does not contain alcohol they will hold it at bell services. They have also required in-person delivery if there are valuable items. In the delivery instructions, tell them your reservation number and to leave the order with Bell Services.

When I first did this, it did give me an alert when I went to my cart that said "the following items are no longer available/ have had price changes" and then it never gave me that warning again. Just now I checked, and two items were removed from my cart but without scrolling through. Basically, if I had jotted down the list or taken a screen shot it would help keep track and then I could easily find an alternative.

It's not a huge issue BUT sometimes an alternative isn't available (for example, if I had bananas in the cart and those weren't available, it might mean there are no bananas available at all. Again, not a huge issue but it works best if you keep to items you can easily substitute (maybe you can have whole milk for a week instead of 2%, or grapes instead of strawberries for example).

When you check out, you'll choose from available 2 hour delivery windows. So, you could place an order earlier in the day and choose a 2 hour delivery window when you know you'll be available by phone if possible. I say this because the driver MAY have to contact you if an item is not in stock when they get to the store, or bell services/ delivery person may need information when they arrive (rare, but it could happen).

As long as your order does not contain alcohol they will hold it at bell services. They have also required in-person delivery if there are valuable items. In the delivery instructions, tell them your reservation number and to leave the order with Bell Services.

thank you so very much! I will definitely keep a list of what is in my cart to make sure. Thanks again for all your help! T

Regarding the fee the resort charges when groceries are left with bell services: how does "$5 per box" translate into groceries being delivered by a shopping service? Does the shopping service place your bagged items in a box? Or does the resort charge per bag? Geez, it's all so confusing! LOL Thanks for any help!

I ordered alcohol with my Amazon Prime Now order and Bell Services accepted them WITHOUT me being there! (Wine & Beer) I was not there to show ID and I received everything I asked for! Great experience! June 2018 Wilderness Lodge, 2 Bedroom Boulder Ridge Villas.

Regarding the fee the resort charges when groceries are left with bell services: how does "$5 per box" translate into groceries being delivered by a shopping service? Does the shopping service place your bagged items in a box? Or does the resort charge per bag? Geez, it's all so confusing! LOL Thanks for any help!

My understanding is that normally there is no charge for items delivered to Bell Services. The charge is for packages which are shipped via the U.S. Postal Service, FedEx or UPS.

I ordered alcohol with my Amazon Prime Now order and Bell Services accepted them WITHOUT me being there! (Wine & Beer) I was not there to show ID and I received everything I asked for! Great experience! June 2018 Wilderness Lodge, 2 Bedroom Boulder Ridge Villas.

It’s not a Bell Services policy that you have to be there to show ID, it’s Amazon’s policy (because they’re not set up to have you send it over ahead of time like GG is). When you check out, the site tells you as much. You got lucky (and I have zero luck so I’m going to plan on meeting the driver :worship:) .

We used Instacart for our stay at Old Key West back in May and it was great! Our order was left with bell services (no alcohol), who brought it to our room when we requested it. We're Canadian and were a bit concerned about how we would pay for the order since Instacart doesn't take international credit cards, but I used Apple Pay to check out and had no issues at all. I was notified when our shopper starting shopping, and were able to get him to pick up a pretty specific and obscure drug (ginger Gravol/dramamine) that we had forgotten to pack using the chat feature of the app. We had no complaints with our order!

We used Instacart for our stay at Old Key West back in May and it was great! Our order was left with bell services (no alcohol), who brought it to our room when we requested it. We're Canadian and were a bit concerned about how we would pay for the order since Instacart doesn't take international credit cards, but I used Apple Pay to check out and had no issues at all. I was notified when our shopper starting shopping, and were able to get him to pick up a pretty specific and obscure drug (ginger Gravol/dramamine) that we had forgotten to pack using the chat feature of the app. We had no complaints with our order!

Great! Did you have to pay a fee to the resort for it being left at bell services?

It’s not a Bell Services policy that you have to be there to show ID, it’s Amazon’s policy (because they’re not set up to have you send it over ahead of time like GG is). When you check out, the site tells you as much. You got lucky (and I have zero luck so I’m going to plan on meeting the driver :worship:) .
Yes, I knew it was Amazon's Policy as I read it when I checked out. The point I was trying to make is that they're NOT consistent with their policies!

Also, they charged me for the alcohol when I placed the order. I doubt they were going to deliver my groceries to the resort and then upon my absence of showing ID, turn around and take back my alcohol, plus refund my money. My notations to the driver clearly stated that I would NOT be there to receive it. So they knew this well in advance. I believe its more of a warning to underage patrons. But this was my personal experience, you do you!

Last edited:
Yes, I knew it was Amazon's Policy as I read it when I checked out. The point I was trying to make is that they're NOT consistent with their policies!

Also, they charged me for the alcohol when I placed the order. I doubt they were going to deliver my groceries to the resort and then upon my absence of showing ID, turn around and take back my alcohol, plus refund my money. My notations to the driver clearly stated that I would NOT be there to receive it. So they knew this well in advance. I believe its more of a warning to underage patrons. But this was my personal experience, you do you!
I just know I have zero luck, so I would be the one to have the bus run late, miss my delivery driver, and have them turn around with the entire order leaving no breakfast for my kiddos the following day. That is just the way it seems to go in my house!

Great! Did you have to pay a fee to the resort for it being left at bell services?

I don't believe so, but I'm not 100% sure! We had an issue with room service pizza delivery charging us $1000+ dollars, so we honestly didn't look too closely at the rest of the bill when we were checking out. The front desk refunded the charge and then some, so if there was a charge, we didn't actually pay it. We did generously tip the bell services CM who brought the order to our room, since we ordered a few cases of water and pop and about 8 bags of groceries, and he carried it all in for us.

I don't believe so, but I'm not 100% sure! We had an issue with room service pizza delivery charging us $1000+ dollars, so we honestly didn't look too closely at the rest of the bill when we were checking out. The front desk refunded the charge and then some, so if there was a charge, we didn't actually pay it. We did generously tip the bell services CM who brought the order to our room, since we ordered a few cases of water and pop and about 8 bags of groceries, and he carried it all in for us.

Wow that must have been some pizza.

I did not get charged June 2018 at WL- Boulder Ridge Villas! I have a friend who used Amazon Prime Now three times, two times she was NOT charged but last week her third experience she was charged $5.00!

I just know I have zero luck, so I would be the one to have the bus run late, miss my delivery driver, and have them turn around with the entire order leaving no breakfast for my kiddos the following day. That is just the way it seems to go in my house!
Oh,,,, OK! Sorry you have bum luck.... Wishing you pixie dusted experiences in the future!

Whoa! Ok, thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!