>> Resort Grocery Delivery FAQ <<

Can I just bring up something about Garden Grocer that I find a bit annoying. I've know they shop at Publix and as I like Publix I decided to look at Instacart to get my groceries again for this trip as I was so pleased with them last time. Being a tight fisted Taff I decided to compare the prices of both companies. Not only is Instacart significantly cheaper for the same items I noted that there were items that were BOGOFs (buy one get one free) on the Instacart site and the same items were not on that offer with GG. Cereals and sodas were the two I checked, but, I'm sure there are more. So not only is GG more expensive, the delivery is more expensive, but, they don't honor any offers Publix are doing. How do they get away with that?
Yeah. GG is the last place I'd go to for shopping. Many folk claim to like them, but their prices and horrible attitude toward customers drove me off after just two uses years back.

in May we stayed at the Boardwalk and had a delivery from Amazon Prime and we were not charged by the Boardwalk. Last week we stayed at The Beachclub and we were charged $6.00. Why was there a charge at the Beach Club and nit the Boardwalk.

in May we stayed at the Boardwalk and had a delivery from Amazon Prime and we were not charged by the Boardwalk. Last week we stayed at The Beachclub and we were charged $6.00. Why was there a charge at the Beach Club and nit the Boardwalk.
Because the policy changed in June. :rolleyes:
If you pick up an order waiting for you at Bell Services, there's no charge. If BS delivers it to your room, there's a $6 flat-rate charge. If it goes to the front desk, it's $6 per package.

Does anybody knew, if you could use Amazon Prime Now as an Non-US-resident, I have Amazon Prime but I'm from Europe. Would be a cheaper alternative than Gardengrocer for my YC-stay and I could still order my beer...

YOu have to have a USA Amazon Prime account to use Amazon Prime Now in the US. A Prime account from another country won't work.

SW

Because the policy changed in June. :rolleyes:
If you pick up an order waiting for you at Bell Services, there's no charge. If BS delivers it to your room, there's a $6 flat-rate charge. If it goes to the front desk, it's $6 per package.
Thank you.

Anyone experienced using Instacart know how to address for delivery to the Beach Club Villas? We can meet them but not sure how to handle it.

With InstaCart, it's making me order wine and vodka from Total Wines, not Publix. Is there a store that I can order both food and booze from?

With InstaCart, it's making me order wine and vodka from Total Wines, not Publix. Is there a store that I can order both food and booze from?
I believe in Florida, for now, the grocery stores are allowed to carry wine and beer, but not hard liquor. Vodka will be in a separate store all the time. Even the clubs like Sams club, BJs and Costco have the hard liquor in a different area and rung up separate.

Really great experience with Fairytale Personal Shopper. At the last minute needed an air mattress and sheets delivered to BWV. They filled the order at cost plus $20 service fee. Excellent service & communication. They met me at the BWV portico to drop off. Definitely would recommend & use again.

I used Amazon Prime Now for a deliver on 7/27. I placed my order as we were taxing to the gate at MCO about 6:00pm and I picked a delivery window between 8-10pm. The driver called about 5 minutes before he arrived to confirm I would need to be there with ID (because I had wine in my order). I also got notifications from the ap that he was close and could locate the driver. Bell Services put all my groceries and delivered it to my room. They take it to the back and then up to the room so it was about 20 minutes.

I would totally do this again, because the prices are great and it was very convenient. I did order milk, but as a previous poster mentioned I wouldn't order anything cold again. It was a in a cold bag, but no ice or anything and it was in the guys trunk for awhile and then in the back with bell services so wasn't all that cold by the time I got it.

After reading these reports of warm milk (ick) and frozen items, I'm thinking we need to start meeting these drivers anyway and rejecting the items that need to be cold and are not.

Last edited:
Has anyone had any recent good experiences with Prime Now and milk and yogurt staying cool? I am beginning to second guess. This is all we really need to get with some fruit and bagels and cream cheese. Staying at BWI.
Thanks!!

Has anyone had any recent good experiences with Prime Now and milk and yogurt staying cool? I am beginning to second guess. This is all we really need to get with some fruit and bagels and cream cheese. Staying at BWI.
Thanks!!

Unless you are very particular on your brand, your hotel sells milk and yogurt and fruit. They have bagels, cream cheese, etc. The prices are higher than APN but not that much and with a small order once you factor in APN's delivery fee the difference may even out.

This is the grocery order form for BW DVC. While you can't use it at BWI, it gives you a good idea of what to expect in the hotel's store in terms of products, brands, and prices. If they are out of something, it is an easy walk to Beach Club's store or you place an APN order once you know exactly what you need.

https://disneyvacationclub.disney.g...anning/groceryorder/bw-groceryform-020119.pdf

Unless you are very particular on your brand, your hotel sells milk and yogurt and fruit. They have bagels, cream cheese, etc. The prices are higher than APN but not that much and with a small order once you factor in APN's delivery fee the difference may even out.

This is the grocery order form for BW DVC. While you can't use it at BWI, it gives you a good idea of what to expect in the hotel's store in terms of products, brands, and prices. If they are out of something, it is an easy walk to Beach Club's store or you place an APN order once you know exactly what you need.

https://disneyvacationclub.disney.g...anning/groceryorder/bw-groceryform-020119.pdf

Oh my goodness this is amazing! Thank you!
My only issue was I wanted different yogurt. My kids won’t eat that kind.

Oh my goodness this is amazing! Thank you!
My only issue was I wanted different yogurt. My kids won’t eat that kind.

Most welcome.

An alternative would be to use a professional grocery delivery service like Dizzy Dolphin Delivery or Garden Grocer. Their prices and delivery fee are higher than APN, but you won't have any issues with cold things not being stored properly.

SW

Disney's prices are quite outrageous - be careful to look at the size being offered for the price.

My main question is do these delivery people know how to pick out good fruit and vegetables? Or is this a big lottery for getting quality?

My main question is do these delivery people know how to pick out good fruit and vegetables? Or is this a big lottery for getting quality?
I've heard good things about Instacart, but that's another reason I prefer to head over to the grocery store on my own.
I should start pricing out rentals...

The bananas we ordered from PrimeNow were very green when we got them and my first reaction was that we wouldn't be able to eat them. By day 3 they were ripe. By day 5 they were more brown than yellow. So the green was actually a good thing. No idea if the shopper knew this would be the case or not, but it worked out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!