>> Resort Grocery Delivery FAQ <<

I'm not sure that Walmart owns the delivery company being used, searches are showing it depends on what area we're looking at. They may be a 3rd party which, once they understand the issue, may decide to take on the responsibility of further boxing the bags up on their own if the service is lucrative enough to warrant.

WHen we ordered in December, it was in the Walmart site that someone needed to be there to accept the order. They did leave it but we were prepared to go to sign and accept it ourselves.

I think the Walmart policy is to have a guest accept the order personally, but it was relaxed somewhere along the line.

Makes sense if someone orders something. They should be there to get it. Take it back to the room and all. That makes sense to me.

I'm going to merge this post with our Grocery Delivery FAQ at the top of the board; it's information the folks who use that thread will want to have. Thanks for posting!

I'm sure this is somewhere on the boards that I haven't found yet, but why do some resorts such as BWI limit Garden Grocer deliveries to 4pm-9pm? Not a showstopper or anything, but I am just curious as to why.

I'm sure this is somewhere on the boards that I haven't found yet, but why do some resorts such as BWI limit Garden Grocer deliveries to 4pm-9pm? Not a showstopper or anything, but I am just curious as to why.
The Boardwalk seems to have very a very large throughput of people checking in/out, as well as those convention items. As such they've modified their behavior and it does not always favor the little guy's needs (they cater to conventions a lot there). If there is a problem, please speak up and write to management (I don't have the email addresses, but perhaps they can be found through a search).

Makes sense if someone orders something. They should be there to get it. Take it back to the room and all. That makes sense to me.
except thats not the case with any of the other deliver services.
Walmart is the only exception

I'm not sure that Walmart owns the delivery company being used, searches are showing it depends on what area we're looking at. They may be a 3rd party which, once they understand the issue, may decide to take on the responsibility of further boxing the bags up on their own if the service is lucrative enough to warrant.

It is actually 3 different 3rd party delivery services, but the issue is not WHO delivers, its the packaging it is delivered in. Some of the people deliver for both walmart and publix, and publix has no issues since they comply with WDW regulations

It is actually 3 different 3rd party delivery services, but the issue is not WHO delivers, its the packaging it is delivered in. Some of the people deliver for both walmart and publix, and publix has no issues since they comply with WDW regulations
Right, so in the Orlando area, walmart will be using one of those three. (Each provider sets a deal with Walmart in their area, and only one wins the service for that area, for whatever time is specified in the agreement.) What I'm saying here is that the delivery service provider might see and understand the packaging issue walmart refuses to address and take matters into their own hands.

I would not expect Walmart to make any changes to their behavior as they're known for keeping services as identical as possible in all stores. They're not going to cry over the loss of the Disney orders.

Here's is my experience with amazon prime now. I was confused when ordering, some items were from amazon and some were from Whole Foods, but I thought they would all be one order. I was wrong. Since I didn't order much from Whole Foods, I could not choose a one hour window as I had with amazon. So I did not follow through with the Whole Foods order. I called amazon prime to try to add to that order, but was told I couldn't edit, but I could cancel and re-order. Since I was doing this a day ahead, that is what I did. I re-ordered and chose similar items to the ones that I had originally picked from Whole Foods so my entire order was from amazon prime now. I chose a one hour window for the additional $4.99. The arrival and delivery was perfect, I had requested between 1 and 2 and the driver arrived at 1:03. I ordered wine so I was there in person, then bell services walked with me back to my room and unloaded the items. I would definitely do this again.

I've gotten conflicting information on the Disney website it says there's a $6 fee to have groceries delivered to your room or free if you pick it up at bell services. My sister called CBR today and she was told there was a $20 fee to accept a grocery delivery from Amazon Prime. Is there a difference? She's just going to be ordering diapers, powered baby formula and baby food so nothing needs to be kept cold.

She was told wrong (and just for general information, she spoke with the call canter, not anyone at the resrt.

Packages shipped: $5 per package
Grocery orders accepted by and then delivered by Bell Services: $6 per order plus tip
Grocery orders delivered to Bell Services that you pick up: $0 plus tip
Grocery orders where you meet the delivery person: $0 plus tip

She was told wrong (and just for general information, she spoke with the call canter, not anyone at the resrt.

Packages shipped: $5 per package
Grocery orders accepted by and then delivered by Bell Services: $6 per order plus tip
Grocery orders delivered to Bell Services that you pick up: $0 plus tip
Grocery orders where you meet the delivery person: $0 plus tip
Not much of a difference, but it should be noted that to cost to pick up each package delivered to the front desk though mail, UPS, Fedex or other service is now also $6.

Receiving Mail
Guests staying at Walt Disney World Resort hotels can receive mail throughout their stay. Occasionally, some Guests choose to ship items in advance of their vacation to help save luggage space.
If you intend to receive mail during your vacation, be sure the letter or package:
  • Includes the mailing address of your Disney Resort Hotel
  • Clearly features the word “Guest” on the front and the date of your arrival
Please note that a $6 per package handling fee will apply to all packages that are received through the Front Desk or are delivered to your Disney Resort hotel room.

I don't think I was charged anything, at least no one at bell services said anything about a charge. I met the driver, then the bell hop loaded my items onto a cart and walked with me to my room. I gave him a $7 tip, well worth it!

Headed to AofA next Wednesday. Decided on Prime Now. Need 2 things. 1. I can't find the post with specific instructions for addressing for resort delivery. (I don't have this service at home.) 2. Flight lands at 12:30 and taking ME. Will pay for 1 hour delivery so dairy is cold. How do I figure out what time to set delivery for? I will meet them at resort. I assume that all deliveries are made to the main building, not the rooms.

1. There's a pinned thread here, something to the effect of "shipping to/from your resort" with the information you need.
1A. Prime Now is delivery, not shipment
2. Allow 90 minute, maybe two hours.

I just googled the address of the resort and entered that. As for the time to the resort, I think it depends on whether you are collecting your own bags or having them delivered. I used the delivery and I was at the resort less than an hour after landing.

Here is an update on my experience with Amazon Prime Now at the Beach Club.

We got on the Magical Express at about 10:15AM and the bus driver said we will be the second stop. I booked the 12:00-2:00 time slot for my delivery which included dairy, ice cream, frozen foods, and some alcohol. We arrived at the resort and headed to the pool.

I spoke with Bell Services and they suggested I meet the driver when he arrives, which I planned on doing since my order had alcohol in it. They stated many of the drivers use English as a second language and sometimes they run into issues when the guests are not there to meet the driver.

The Amazon app shows exactly where the delivery vehicle is and it left the warehouse at about 11:45 AM. The driver went to the Polynesian for a long stop, then Caribbean Beach, and finally the Beach Club. I got an automatic text message from Amazon stating the driver will be here in a few minutes and to have my ID ready. I went outside and the driver arrived in a few minutes, which was about 1:48 PM. Technically this was in the 2 hour window, but I was concerned because I had frozen foods, milk, ice cream, cream cheese, and yogurt in my order.

I showed my ID to the driver and told him I would get someone from Bell Services to help since I had a big order. They brought over a cart and loaded the groceries. Everything was packaged and labeled in brown paper bags. The milk was not very cold, which was disappointing. The ice cream was also wrapped in a thermal bag, but it was half melted. Amazon gave me a refund on the ice cream.

Bell services brought up my groceries and my luggage at the same time. Interestingly, they asked to see my ID as well which is fine. They left the groceries in the kitchen and I unpacked them.

I will use Amazon Prime Now over Garden Grocer because the prices are much better, although it is less convenient. I regret not paying a few extra dollars for the 1 hour delivery because perishables sitting in the trunk of a car for 2 hours on an 80+F degree day isn't a good thing. Plus we just started our vacation with swimming and two drinks at Hurricane Hannah's cost over $30 which was much more than the 1 hour delivery fee.

Definitely pay extra for the 1 hour delivery and stay at the resort if you are buying perishables. You need to meet the driver and show your ID if you have alcohol too.

I hope that helps someone.
Thanks for the info, we are going in July and staying at BC. I will definitely opt for the one hour delivery and meet them at the entrance. I had a question about ordering thru Prime Now. When you order, you can buy products from Whole Foods and Amazon. So did you order from both and did it all come in one delivery?

Here's is my experience with amazon prime now. I was confused when ordering, some items were from amazon and some were from Whole Foods, but I thought they would all be one order. I was wrong. Since I didn't order much from Whole Foods, I could not choose a one hour window as I had with amazon. So I did not follow through with the Whole Foods order. I called amazon prime to try to add to that order, but was told I couldn't edit, but I could cancel and re-order. Since I was doing this a day ahead, that is what I did. I re-ordered and chose similar items to the ones that I had originally picked from Whole Foods so my entire order was from amazon prime now. I chose a one hour window for the additional $4.99. The arrival and delivery was perfect, I had requested between 1 and 2 and the driver arrived at 1:03. I ordered wine so I was there in person, then bell services walked with me back to my room and unloaded the items. I would definitely do this again.
Thanks that was my question in an earlier thread. Do you think if you bought enough from whole foods that you can choose the hour delivery and that it would be one delivery or they are just separate?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter