>> Resort Grocery Delivery FAQ <<

Does anyone know if Instacart deliveries are permitted to drive to individual buildings at OKW and SSR or must they make their delivery strictly to the port cochere/lobby area only? Obviously, a guest would already need to have checked in and rec’d room assignment/ and be there to meet delivery, but, just wondering if it’s even allowed for a delivery to be made to individual buildings or if, at the gate, the delivery is directed only to the port cochere area.
I don't know what Instacart's policies are. My experience with WeGoShop was that she delivered right to our room when we used the service years back. At both SSR and OKW, once past the entry gate there is nothing restricting the driver from going to the room.

What a useful thread! Thank you.

Just a quick clarification please. We always order groceries from Garden Grocer for our CBR stays. They are there prior to our arrival, so we collect them on getting off Magical Express and Bell Services brings them, and us, and our luggage to our room after we check in. I tip the bellman $20.

Would we now also have a $6 delivery fee on top of this? Would this be payable at Bell Services or added to our room charges?

Many thanks,

Kathy

Probably a charge, because you meet tue two apparent criteria: an outside company hand-delivers your order to Bell Services, then Bell Services delivers the order to your room.

Charge should be added to your room

There isn't a cost for Bell Services to accept/receive your delivered groceri3s.
There is a $6 charge for Bell Services to deliver your grocery order to your room.
Separately, there is a $5 per package charge for your resort to accept any shipment to you.

eta: plus tips, of course :)

I thought that the delivery charge was $5 per package. So if you have 4 bags of groceries it is a $20 charge.

I thought that the delivery charge was $5 per package. So if you have 4 bags of groceries it is a $20 charge.
It’s confusing. Package deliveries (like regular Amazon orders) are charged per package and the front desk accepts those. This pertains to items shipped to the resort, not to grocery deliveries.

Grocery deliveries (Amazon Prime Now/ Instacart/ Garden Grocer etc) are delivered to Bell Services and it is one charge ($6) to deliver to your room regardless of how many items/ bags that is.

It’s confusing. Package deliveries (like regular Amazon orders) are charged per package and the front desk accepts those. This pertains to items shipped to the resort, not to grocery deliveries.

Grocery deliveries (Amazon Prime Now/ Instacart/ Garden Grocer etc) are delivered to Bell Services and it is one charge ($6) to deliver to your room regardless of how many items/ bags that is.

Thank you for the clarification! I was actually planning on skipping grocery delivery service this year because I thought that it was a $5 charge per grocery bag. That has just made it an easy decision to still get groceries. Thanks again! :goodvibes

Just get your grocery order from one single service: Prime Now or Amazon Whole Goods or Instacart or Dizzy Dolphin... nobody has clarified yet whetjer its a separate charge for each delivery, or one charge for multiple services to one room.

We are staying at Port Orleans FQ. We arrive at 10am in MCO, on 5/17. I would like to place an order for things like milk, cold cuts, bread, etc. Would Instacart/Publix be able to deliver? How does delivery for that work? Are we able to place the order a while in advance?

Has anyone ever done a grocery order in this way using either Walmart Grocery Delivery or Amazon Prime Now Delivery? Our flight arrives late in the evening and we will most likely not get to the room until 10 PM. My thought is to have the groceries delivered early in the afternoon so that I am in a place that I can respond to a text or phone call. Once the groceries have been delivered and my room is ready, call the resort and request the groceries go ahead and be delivered to the room for the $6 charge. That way when we get to the room we can unpack everything and be ready to go early the next morning.

Has anyone ever done a grocery order in this way using either Walmart Grocery Delivery or Amazon Prime Now Delivery? Our flight arrives late in the evening and we will most likely not get to the room until 10 PM. My thought is to have the groceries delivered early in the afternoon so that I am in a place that I can respond to a text or phone call. Once the groceries have been delivered and my room is ready, call the resort and request the groceries go ahead and be delivered to the room for the $6 charge. That way when we get to the room we can unpack everything and be ready to go early the next morning.
You have to be in the room to have bell services deliver your groceries. Only Magical Express and Disney's own Grocery services are permitted to enter and drop off items without you there. (I believe the floral folk too.)

Does anyone know if I can have Publix Instacart deliver my groceries to Bell Services at OKW later this evening even if I'm not arriving until tomorrow? I do not have any alcohol in the order, so I'm thinking maybe I could, but, since we are not arriving until tomorrow I don't want Bell Services to refuse the delivery by saying I'm not a registered guest today. I've been checking the Instacart website all morning to schedule a delivery for tomorrow but for some reason Saturday 5/4 is not showing up AT ALL on their website. I can schedule the delivery later today or not until 4 p.m. Sunday 5/5, but, there are items in the grocery order we will need tomorrow and Sunday morning. I've emailed Instacart to see if there is a problem with website, but, haven't heard back yet.

Hello everyone, we are planning on getting walmart delivery for our upcoming trip. We are arriving after 10pm to the resort and planning on having it delivered to bell services between the 7 and 8pm slot so that it will be there when we arrive. I have read thorough this thread and juuuust wanted to confirm that we can make a note to "leave with bell services" with our name and reservation number that they will in fact do this ( we do not have alcohol). Thanks everyone!

Hello everyone, we are planning on getting walmart delivery for our upcoming trip. We are arriving after 10pm to the resort and planning on having it delivered to bell services between the 7 and 8pm slot so that it will be there when we arrive. I have read thorough this thread and juuuust wanted to confirm that we can make a note to "leave with bell services" with our name and reservation number that they will in fact do this ( we do not have alcohol). Thanks everyone!
I just did this with Instacart a few days ago. I’m on a three resort split stay (2/2/5) and decided to order groceries from Publix for Day 3. I set the delivery window for 2-3pm and monitored the texts throughout my morning at the Magic Kingdom. At 4pm, I took the bus to Kidani. I went to the desk for check-in (I hadn’t received a text) and the cast member could see a note about grocery delivery on my reservation. I didn’t even have to mention it, he just confirmed that my groceries had been delivered. Bell Services then delivered the groceries and my bag transfer from the Grand Floridian to my room. It was easy. For the order itself, I used the second address line to say “Reservation #, checking in 5/6” and noted “please deliver to Bell Services” in the special instructions box. There was also an option to list a business name, so I put the resort name there.

How does Prime now order work when you have alcohol in the order? Do you have to meet the delivery person to show ID? Our flight arrives late (8pm) so I'm not sure what time to put for delivery if we have to be present.

We have decided to go with either Prime Now or Walmart Delivery. We have used Walmart Grocery (not delivered though) several times from home and like the service very much, but almost have some item that is out of stock. Some we get substitutions for and some we don't. Are we any more likely to get everything we request with Prime Now than the Walmart Delivery service?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter