groceries for self-catering

brucem

Earning My Ears
grocery shopping ... any tips for first-timer Brits staying at Fort Wilderness cabins?

Hi Bruce, Welcome to the DIS.
I'm certain there is a store at the cabins that you'll be able to buy what you need, but I would expect it is quite a bit more expensive than the local supermarkets, if the other WDW outlets are a decent guide.
I have found Publix to be the best mix of value and quality. You will find that Walmart ( along the 192) is probably cheaper and the Goodings ( at Crossroads) is arguably better quality ( but a lot more expensive).
The nearest Publix to WDW is found by going to the Crossroads area to Apopka Vinelane Road ( I think it's state road 525) and heading (South) towards the 192. This road comes to a T junction with the 192 and the Publix is on the left hand side of that junction. You may have to do a Uturn or there may be an access road just before you get to the lights , I can't remember fully.

I agree - Publix has the widest choice and best quality offerings. There are plenty of them about, too. I wonder whether the one at west 192 might be slightly quicker/closer from Fort Wilderness. Just head south on World Drive until you hit the 192 and then head west. The Publix is on the right-hand side about one mile on from Splendid China. There is a quicker route which I can post if you want it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter