Griffith Observatory

MOMTOCUTESTDOGEVER

Dreamt the TF gave me a tag so long you needed a s
Any idea on when the observatory will re-open? We're thinking about visiting to see the remodel in December. Thanks!!

The Griffith Park Observatory opened earlier this month. I haven't been able to go to it yet, but hope to soon.

The biggest change, besides the seismic refurbishment, is that now you can no longer drive up to it. You will have to take a bus from two locations: the Highland Complex at Hollywood & Highland, or from the Griffith Park parking lot. There is a fee for the bus.

The official observatory site is: http://www.griffithobs.org/

Thanks for the info! I am really hoping it is spectacular after being closed so long.

What all exactly is there to do there for a wife, husband, and 5 year old. Can you use the telescopes and/or are there dimenstrations and exhibits etc.?

make sure you make a reservation prior to planning to go. You can't get in anymore without an advance reservation.......

It's open, and reservations are required.

Woody

It is VERY family friendly. There is a laser show and lots of exhibits to see. Plus some of the best views of LA. Also, the LA zoo, Gene Autry museum and travel town are just down the hill!

back2disney said:
Is this family friendly? What is there to do there??? Thanks.

We went last weekend. It's definitely family friendly. Lots of interactive exhibits and hands on demonstrations. There's a new Planetarium show, and a 20 minute film hosted by Leonard Nimoy.

Woody

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter