• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Grew again. Now I really need help!

sm4987

<font color=deeppink>What us women do to be beauti
My vacation has just grown from 14 nights to 18!!! I just can't seem to keep my numbers under control!

I want to do some resort h opping and I've decided on a few things, but with deposits coming up soon, I would like to firm up my plans. So far I have this

June 1st DD Courtyard by Marriot (late checkin around 8:30 p.m.) off gift certificates.

June 2nd thru June 6 ASmo preferred room. The kids really want to stay there.

June 6th thru June 10th a moderate possibly CBR again.

June 10th thru June 19th WL or AKL. I want to stay at both, but don't want to hop any further than what I have chosen.

So, I need some help. DH knows I'm really wanting to do to deluxe, so he suggests skipping the moderate and stay deluxe June 6th on. I kinda want to keep moving on. What shoud I do? I am even thinking of skipping the moderate and staying AKL and WL. Anyone have any help for me. I've seen you people do your best at helping out. Please don't forget about me and give me those tips. If deluxe to deluxe, which one first? AKL to WL or WL to AKL:confused:

I really like CBR, it's my favorite moderate. :)

If I were you I'd do ASMo, CBR, and then AKL. Or do ASMo, WL, then AKL. ;)

Whichever you choose you're going to have a great time! :)

We stayed at 4 different resorts this past summer and it really put a damper on our trip. It was just too much moving around. Just my opinion. Hope you have a nice trip.:earsgirl:

I definitely think you should keep it down to only 2 resorts. The DD one is fine for 1 night. All that moving around in my opinion would be too much work. You are on "vacation" right? I think you would much rather be relaxing in your room than moving all your luggage every few days out of your room. I would go with ASMo and then move to the WL or AKL. I personally say WL, but thats only b/c its my favorite. Enjoy!!!:)

If you are going to do AKL & WL, I'd think about when during your trip you want some down time & schedule AKL for then. It's a nice resort for hanging out & doing laundry :)

I also think that if you could stick to 2 resorts it would be easier. I'm not counting the first night. Just pack one small "1st night" bag for the whole family so you don't have to unload everything. Even though you'll be there for such a long time that it seems like you can easily move around, what happens is that the longer you stay, the more settled you get. After 3 or 4 days, it's a real pain to pack up everything & move again. We did this on our last trip - split stay, then a cruise, then 1 night then home. It was annoying!!

I haven't stayed at WL, just AKL. If you're going to only do one this trip, I think I'd go for AKL, because it's newer. It's a beautiful resort with a fun pool & lots to do. The bus transportation in really great for the parks.

I'd agree with prior posters that you should not do too much moving. I think the plan to go from ASMo to the moderate then deluxe is a good one, but personally, I'd not split a stay between AKL and WL. They are very similar in design, even if they are very different in feeling. In choosing between the two, you'll want to consider several things:

- Will you be spending a lot of time at the MK, and will you want to eat at many of the monorail resorts? If so, WL may be a better choice for the proximity to MK by boat, or to the CR (and access to the monorail) by boat.

- Do you have a preference regarding parks? Do you go to MK repeatedly and AK only minimally during your visit to WDW, or the reverse?

- Do you like a feeling of being in the middle of everything, or do you like feeling rather remote? Some trip reports regarding AKL have emphasized that feeling of remoteness.... some prefer it, others found it a negative.

- Are you and your kids crazy about animals and wildlife? Many people would choose AKL for that hands down, others find it less exciting.

- Will you have your own car, or will you be totally dependant on the WDW transportation? At AKL you'll be doing buses only, unless you intentionally take a monorail ride from MK or Epcot. At WL, you'll have the option of boats mentioned above. Another side to this is that at AKL, you will not share the bus with any other resort, while at WL, some buses share with the Poly and GF, other buses share with FW. This can add a sense of a longer trip in some cases.

I've probably raised more questions here, but I hope this helps somewhat!

Have a great time deciding, and a wonderful trip!

:Pinkbounc :jester: :bounce:

Mrs. Snowgod............wow! Out of all the opinions and everything I have read on the boards, I was still having trouble deciding whether we wanted to stay at WL or AKL in June, but those questions really just confirmed for me that WL is the one for my family. Its amazing how I have spent hours trying to decide, then I spend just a couple minutes reading your post and it is cleared up. :) Thanks! You summarized all the opinions on the board in just a few short questions.....what a relief.

Why, eddiewells, you've made me blush, but I'm very glad I could help!

WL is awesome - Have a great trip!

:bounce: :jester: :Pinkbounc

I too thank you Mrs. Snowgod. I have been answering these questions myself. We are driving down to WDW, so transportation is not an issue. I have wanted to stay at both, but have been trying to save WL for our 10 year anniversary next year. I so want to stay there. I love animals and that's why I thought it would be great to stay at AKL, but 13 nights may be too long for my family. DH is not that big of an animal lover but would stay there if I wanted. I have some serious decisions to make. DH has hit the "Whatever you want dear" stage. :crazy: I should be very careful. He also wants to stay at the Swan. I better make some decisions quick before he makes them for me!!!!:o

I don't think resort hopping is a huge issue, however, so many X's in one trip may be a little too much.

If the kids REALLY want to do an AS then do it. Personally, I would skip CBR & split between AKL & WL - ending w/ WL.

A good way to make resort hopping a little less troublesome is to pack your bags according to what you will use for that "length of stay". Only bring those bags that you will need into each resort, leaving the others in the car. It may be a little hassle during packing but it saves aggravation during the trip. ;)

I'm sure you'll have fun no matter what you decide. :D

I agree with MELSMICE! It really isn't too much of an issue if you do in fact pack accordingly. In Oct. for 7 days we hopped 4 resorts with 1 night at ASMu because of a late check in.

From there we went to PO-FQ for 2 nights then over to the Poly for 3 nights then we did a last minute 2 night stay at the WL.

IMHO, I would do what the children want then split the stay between what you want and eliminate the moderate. As long as money isn't the issue. Our stay at the WL was wonderful and would stay there again in a heartbeat. You truly feel like you left Florida when you retreat at the end of the day.

I also have friends who recommend the AKL highly. I haven't experienced this myself but, looking forward to the chance to.

Whichever way you choose to spend your vacation. I'm sure you will have a magical Disney experience!

Enjoy,
Lisa

Thanks everyone for your answers. I have decided to do the ASMo and the WL. It has been my dream since I saw it on Family Matters!:o ;) 4 nights at the ASMo is all we need to let the kids get their kicks. They are excited about the Lodge to, they just don't know what to expect. They think the CBR is all that!!! Our vacation will be wonderful. Have a happy and blessed New Year everyone.

My three children and I go for about two weeks in May/June, and in 2001, we moved 3 x's (WL, BC, and CSR) plus 1 night in-route when driving down. Although we enjoyed all the resorts, my kids really tired of the moving. This past trip in June 2002, we were at VWL for the entire 14 nights and it was wonderful. I've got ressies for May 30-June 13, 2003 at VWL & BCV. The one move won't be too much of a hassle, especially with 7 nights at the first location. Also I do what another poster mentioned about the "first night bag". For our in-route stop-over, I pack one bag with change of clothes and over-night necessities for the four of us and it works out well.

Have a great time on your trip!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter