GRE's

kandeebunny

DIS Veteran
Has anyone taken the GRE's? I just ordered test prep materials and will start taking these this summer, as my grad school application is due Jan. 15th.

I'd love to hear what to expect, how long they took, etc.

Thanks!

Practice taking them on the computer! It is so different from the SATs in that aspect and the program isn't laid out very well, so it helps to practice that. Also, be prepared to feel like a criminal. They take away all your belongings and lock them away and you're video monitored the entire time. It was really cold since optimal testing conditions are a little colder than what is comfortable, so wear a sweatshirt or something. Don't wear any kind of jacket because they'll take that away from you. I know this may be specific to my testing center, but everyone I've talked to who has taken the recent version had a similar experience.

That's rather frightening! I ordered the Kaplan book with the CD-rom. I hope it will help. I am planning to take them in June even though my application with scores isn't due until Janurary, so I can retake them if I need to. Thanks for the heads-up though! I will definatly remember my sweatshirt!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter