• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Gregg's journal (comments welcome)

Gregg

disney freak
I'm basically going to follow the WW plan, which has worked in the past for me.

day 1 (6/9/03): did well on diet despite a few extra nibbles.
breakfast: raisin bran w/ skim milk
lunch: 2 low-fat yogurts
dinner: diet microwave dinner
snacks: grapes, a few scraps of (non-fried) chicken
cheats: a small amount of the kids leftover chicken pot pie
water: 120 oz. !!
exercise: 30 min walk, 60+ min lawn mowing (walk)

All in all, a good day.

Oh, comments welcome, you are in trouble... ;)

SOUNDS LIKE A GREAT START!!! :) Have you checked out fitday.com? It's a great site and you can enter all sorts of data (from exercise to foods consumed to goals, chart your weight loss, etc.) Just thought with your lawn mowing and walking you'd like to see how much you burned!

Keep up the great work! Sugar free instant pudding made with skim milk is a yummy dessert/snack. We top it with a bit of fat free cool whip. :)

thanks for the tips TigH! I'll check the site out and also the snack!

Gregg

Great day! here's the breakdown:

dinner: diet microwave dinner
snacks: grapes
cheats: none!
water: 83 oz.
exercise: 35 min walk, 3+ hours of yard work

Today will be a little tougher. I am going to the Nets-Spurs game tonight with friends. There will be plenty of beer and food. I'm going to try to limit the beer and avoid bread and sugar.

Gregg

bad day. Started great, but as I mentioned, I was tailgating with friends for the Nets game. Well, I was bad, very bad. 3-4 beers, cheeseburgers, sausage, macaroni salad ... ugly. On the other hand, even when I was losing over 80 lbs. in WW, I always put the diet on hold for special occasions.

dinner: beer, burgers, mac salad, sausage with buns!!
snacks: see dinner
cheats: see dinner
water: 100 oz.
exercise: about 60 minutes of walking.

Bad day, but I'm bouncing back today!

Gregg

p.s. the fitday website is great!

That's okay Gregg, just pick back up and start right today. The NETS are worth it!!!

Sorry, haven't been able to get to the board due to busy schedule (home) and technical issues (work).

Doing well, re-joined WW on 6/14 (my day 6) and weighed in at 313.4 (remember I am 6'9"+ tall).

So I'm going to estimate my WISH Day 1 weight at 315. Doing very well this week and expect to weigh in at 310 or lower come Saturday!

I don't think I will post my details every day, but I will at least once a week. My goal is 235.

Hope everyone is staying strong!

Gregg

Doing well, lost 7.8 lbs iun a week at my WW weigh-in this AM.

Just eating smarter -- pretzels, pickles, etc for snack, a lot of salads with protein in them (chicken or beef). McD's has a good chicken salad now by the way.

Yogurts for lunch too and fruit.

no sugar (M&Ms), beer, bread or cheese!

I'm down a total of 9.4 lbs in 12 days so far.

Gregg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter