Greetings from Northern Ireland

lbjb247

Earning My Ears
Hello,

I will be travelling solo to Florida next September for my first time in Disney world. I am very excited but nervous, so any tips or advise you can give would be appreciated.

I will be staying at the Art of Animation. I was hoping to try and make payments before the due by date, though I am not sure if I should be paying weekly or monthly and how much I should pay.

Though I am looking forward to it.

waves hi from Dublin, Im a regualr visitor to Disneyland California, so any help you need regarding transatantic travel and America in general let me know.

For specific Walt Disney World there are 2 sections on Dis you should read and post in

The main UK section, here you will find UK people who go to Orlando
https://www.disboards.com/forums/uk-trip-planning-forum.47/
Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Discuss vacation planning, tips, tricks and strategies for the Walt Disney World Theme Parks, including Magic Kingdom, Hollywood Studios, Animal Kingdom, and Epcot.
https://www.disboards.com/forums/theme-parks-attractions-and-strategies.2/

Thank you for advice.

Have you ever flown with aer lingus? If so do they have WiFi or in flight entertainment?

Thank you for advice.

Have you ever flown with aer lingus? If so do they have WiFi or in flight entertainment?

Yes I have flown with Aer Lingus from Dublin to LAX / California multiple times.

Im not sure about WiFi, I never use it on flights.

The inflight entertainment is great. They have touch screens which have a wide range of films, many different genres, both classics and new releases. There are also TV programes, box sets and a good range of music available.

Going to America you will get a main meal, dinner, about 3 hours into the flight. The food is included in the flight price. Before the food they will do the drinks service. Minerals, water and juice have no charge but there is a charge for alcohol. The mini bottles of spirits and wine are €6. If you want drinks with your main meal you need to get them during the drinks service.

Then about 2 hours before you land you will get a snack meal, usually a hot wrap.

They also give out icecream and pretzels during the flight too.

The good thing about flying from Dublin to America is that you will go through pre clearance. This means you will go through a second security check and get your passport stamped before you get on the plane.

Hi, just found your post. I'm from Canada, 3 generations back from NI. I've been to Disneyworld 10 times, 6 trips solo. Art of Animation is one of my favourite resorts. This February I'm going to stay at AKL due to a great last minute deal. Anyway, I'm happy to answer any and all questions. I want to let you know you'll have a spectacular time, September is a great month. My sister has been in August and September.

Hi and Welcome!!! Have a great time!!!

Don't think you are alone......if it really bothers you, think that your friend/s or family member/s are in the restroom, back at the room, will meet you in a few. No one knows if you are alone or not. Just be aware of your surroundings, observe and enjoy every step of the way!!!!

Hi, just found your post. I'm from Canada, 3 generations back from NI. I've been to Disneyworld 10 times, 6 trips solo. Art of Animation is one of my favourite resorts. This February I'm going to stay at AKL due to a great last minute deal. Anyway, I'm happy to answer any and all questions. I want to let you know you'll have a spectacular time, September is a great month. My sister has been in August and September.

Thank you kindly. What time do you recommend getting to the parks each day? I know there will be extra magic hours and know vaguely what rope dropping is, just I want to beat the crowds but not be getting there too early either if that makes sense

Hi and Welcome!!! Have a great time!!!

Don't think you are alone......if it really bothers you, think that your friend/s or family member/s are in the restroom, back at the room, will meet you in a few. No one knows if you are alone or not. Just be aware of your surroundings, observe and enjoy every step of the way!!!!

Thank you. It's going to be the longest I've gone on holiday alone but at least I know there is WiFi so I can always chat with family and friends online.

Thank you for advice.

My wife and I are always doing the reverse route on Aer Lingus from SFO to Dublin. I married a Donegal woman from Bundoran! Last time we flew I didn't notice WiFi but their in-flight entertainment was very robust. And preclearing US Customs in Dublin is absolutely a dream!

Thank you kindly. What time do you recommend getting to the parks each day? I know there will be extra magic hours and know vaguely what rope dropping is, just I want to beat the crowds but not be getting there too early either if that makes sense
I always do Extra Magic Hours. I just find the extra hour in the morning(or two or three at night) is so much fun, getting onto rides quickly. I still try to get to the EMH a little early to be near the front of the line. I just love the parks a little quieter. They have been getting busier every year. I dont need to "sleep in" at Disney. There's just so much to enjoy. I then go back to my resort around 1pm to 4pm to swim and enjoy. I always get a Park Hopper, I'm just sorry they feel the need to charge extra for it. I go to the Ex.MagicHrs park in the morning and EMH park for the evening(if they have it, it will be a different park)
Many people advise against using EMH but they have really worked for me. I have done Disney this way for about 8 trips and had great experiences.

I recommend going for rope drop- aim to arrive at park about 30 minutes before it opens. Lines will be short and the sun lower. Florida is hot! I like to take a break, go back to the resort in early afternoon and relax/swim, then head back to the parks for dinner and evening entertainment (Fireworks). Have a wonderful trip! I visited Northern Ireland in 2002. My grandmother grew up in Antrim.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!