Great Wolf Lodge tips?

Can you bring outside food to the pool area?

No, you cannot bring food purchased outside of the hotel into the pool area. They will search your bags for “contraband.” I’ve been to the one in Anaheim quite a few times and this has always been the policy. You can bring in outside food and eat it in the hotel, just not the pool area.

Is GWL good for older kids too? I have two teens and was considering doing one night/day here before our Disney trip too. We’d pretty much just be using the water park

I’ve been with two 12 year-olds and a 13 year old. They loved it. There are a few water slides that are quite thrilling, far too scary for most little ones. And there is also a flow rider.

No, you cannot bring food purchased outside of the hotel into the pool area. They will search your bags for “contraband.” I’ve been to the one in Anaheim quite a few times and this has always been the policy. You can bring in outside food and eat it in the hotel, just not the pool area.

We didn't try to bring in things like bags of McDonalds, but they were fine with my Yeti cup and some snacks (cereal bars, popcorn bags, power bars) for the kids. TBH, I thought the food was decent and moderately priced for a resort location.

Our tip: One night is PLENTY. Get there early the first day(you can arrive as early as the waterpark opens) and maybe even pay for the late checkout upgrade and you will have had your fill.

Also if you're use to Disney level of food, service, and quality, its not that. But they seem to be pretty well run.

Last edited:

We didn't try to bring in things like bags of McDonalds, but they were fine with my Yeti cup and some snacks (cereal bars, popcorn bags, power bars) for the kids. TBH, I thought the food was decent and moderately priced for a resort location.

It probably depends on the person checking bags. We go a couple times a year and the first time we went I had to take our snacks back to our room. Our daughter has a good allergy and we have to be careful of what she eats when we are out. I explained that to the person checking bags and they told me she was free to eat her snacks outside the water park. After that, I just started wrapping her snacks in a towel. They never unroll the towel and have never been asked about the snacks she is eating once we are in the water park. One time recently I forgot to wrap them in a towel and they didn’t say anything to me. But the next day the people in front of us were turned around because they had food in their bag.

I agree, I don’t think the food is terribly priced and I don’t mind eating it. I found the bar/grill by the outdoor pool to have the better food selection and was pretty tasty. We just bring the snacks in for our daughter l, and my husband and I eat the food in the park.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!