Great Priceline Quote

MNSusan

DIS Veteran
After watching the boards for awhile and trying to decide whether to rent a car while we're at WDW 11/30 - 12/7, I checked out Priceline for the first time. I got a compact car for $16/day from Alamo. The Orbitz quote was over $25/day. Now I wish I would've tried them for our airline tix. ;)

Susan

I have been bidding every seven days for a car for our trip (leaving tomorrow!!!!) for over a month, going up to $18 for a compact. You got a great deal! From the posts on biddingfortravel, a lot of people are having problems getting good rental car rates through PL in Orlando.

Originally posted by MNSusan
After watching the boards for awhile and trying to decide whether to rent a car while we're at WDW 11/30 - 12/7, I checked out Priceline for the first time. I got a compact car for $16/day from Alamo. The Orbitz quote was over $25/day. Now I wish I would've tried them for our airline tix. ;)

Susan

HELLO, neighbor and welcome to the DIS! We're going to WDW about the same time as you, 11/29 -12/7.

I think you got a very good deal on the car, also - especially if it includes all the taxes and fees.

It's JMHO, but I wouldn't beat yourself up over the airline tickets. When you bid air, you really take a chance that the times will be very inconvenient. You have to be willing to spend a whole day traveling there and another whole day traveling back. When you have to fly from MN, WDW time is precious! Again, JMHO.

We lucked out this year - found airfare on Delta with good times and 1 connection for $154 per person roundtrip. We usually go non-stop on NWA, but just couldn't bring ourselvbes to pay over $300 each. In fact, we originally were going to leave on 12/1. I extended the trip two days to take advantage of the Delta fare and even with the extra hotel and rental car prices, we are still spending less than if we paid the NWA fares.

Hope you have a WONDERFUL trip!

Hello neighbor Carol! Are you the same Carol I met at the Archivers Store? Small world!

I made our air reservations with Northwest last April and paid around $200 each. Seemed okay at the time and we got the itinerary we wanted.

We're all starting to get pretty excited. It'll be our first time there, and with the snow flurries out the window, those warm temps look pretty good.

Susan

While this does appear to be a good rate, and probably is for Priceline, I am simply using the codes that I see on here and am getting a full size car for the same seven days you are for $109, that includes tax. That was through thte National website. That works out to a total of $15.58 for a car that is 2 sizes bigger than compact and your rate does not include taxes. Also is Emerald Aisle. We always rent when at Disney and this board does a great job of making me aware of what codes are out there for great car rental prices. Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire can never compete if you are willing to spend a little time researching. Have fun at Disney maybe we will see ya there. :)

Wow jlambrig, what code gave you a rate of $109 for a full size for a week? That's a great deal! I am renting for a week in February, with National, and thought I was doing well because we have a full size for a total of $215.

Originally posted by MNSusan
Hello neighbor Carol! Are you the same Carol I met at the Archivers Store? Small world!

I made our air reservations with Northwest last April and paid around $200 each. Seemed okay at the time and we got the itinerary we wanted.

We're all starting to get pretty excited. It'll be our first time there, and with the snow flurries out the window, those warm temps look pretty good.

Susan

Nope. Not the same Carol. $200 each is a very good price for NWA. I would have paid it in a heartbeat, but never came across it when I was looking :(. Quit looking after I purchased on Delta.

Gee, and I thought I had done my research! I've been all over the sites and read a ton of posts but never saw any special codes for National. Ah well, I'm happy with my quote and just wanted to share it here. You win, Jlambrig!

Note to CarolMN - this is so weird. I met a woman named Carol
(who also lives in Shoreview) at the Archivers Store who is a DVC member. I'd never heard of DVC so she gave me this website to check out. With our first trip to WDW coming up, I've found the info here invaluable!

Susan

I wouldn't worry about it if I were you...I researched thoroughly and used many discount codes before I booked with Avis for $17 a day via Priceline, and there was no way I could touch that rate. I'm sure that varies with season and demand, and perhaps a special could have come up later, but I think it was pretty good and your rate is too.
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

jlambrig must be using some magic codes....since the lowest we have gotten for the time span nov 30 - dec 7 for full size using Emerald Aisle using DC and free day is 172$ which just appeared this week

we have been watching this time span for months now it started out way over 200$ ( and this is thanksgiving week too )

we wonder when jlambrig booked this rate and what codes he used ( not the actual codes but the code name eg DC contract ID with free day coupon ) with taxes etc being between 30 and 40 dollars the base rate for his rental must have been about 79$ which is a fantastic deal if available at thanksgiving ( 17$ of the fees we all pay are fixed with the tax and concession recovery fee varying according to the base rate )

We got a car from priceline recently as I was getting very high quotes for a full size car during our time frame. We are visiting over the holiday for 14 days including NYE. I fianlly got a Hertz full size car for 28.00 a day through priceline. I still don't know if this is a good deal or not. I guess considering the quotes I was getting from Dollar w/o priceline it is ok. I know we needed a car so i just took the plunge!

MNSusan & CarolMN -
It is a 'Small World' - we are from Brooklyn Park & will be at WDW for part of the same time that you are -- Dec. 3 - 11. (My time clock doesn't match the number of days we we really have left - we had to move our whole vacation up by a week) We had reservations with National for the 9 days - $202 - including all taxes etc. -- I used the Disney Club code along with a double up grade from National - so I actually had booked at the compact price & were getting a standard size. Now, instead of renting a car - we have decided to use 'Yourride' instead. We are taking two of our grandchildren & are staying at All Star Music so will just use Disney Transportation to get around instead & save a few bucks!! Hope that you both have a great vacation--- wonder how many others from our area will be there then also???

Originally posted by K, P & J's Grandma

wonder how many others from our area will be there then also???

Just look for the folks wearing shorts, tank tops and mittens! LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter