Great News!!……We booked a fall trip at OKW after all!

MJTinNH

DIS Veteran
I have been a little stressed out with life lately and it popped into my head that a trip away would help. Owning DVC makes this a little easier to accomplish since I can always use points for a room. So last night I was playing around with Caskbill’s DVC Planner. Plugging in some dates in October and November in a studio. I hoped to book BWV Std View Studio, but knew that that was a remote possibility at this late date and for those two months. My next choice was OKW for a few reasons.

OKW would seem to be an ideal place for my next visit with friends in 2007 and I would be able to check it out in advance. This would also allow me to make a sentimental journey and enjoy the L A R G E rooms Richyams was always kidding BWV owners about. OKW would also save me some points cost.

I called MS this am and October was fully booked at all DVC resorts. November wasn’t too far behind but had 1Bdr availability for dates the first part of November. I was finally able to book November 12-17 at OKW in a studio, non-smoking close to the Hospitality House.

Plus we score a bonus being able to attend the last two days of the Food & Wine Festival at Epcot!! We are also going to try Magical Express this trip.

So if anyone wants to share some OKW tips with a novice, please post!! I am really happy to have been able to book this trip! :cool1:

MJTinNH said:
I called MS this am and October was fully booked at all DVC resorts. November wasn’t too far behind but had 1Bdr availability for dates the first part of November. I was finally able to book November 12-17 at OKW in a studio, non-smoking close to the Hospitality House.

MJTinNH, please remember that non-smoking and close to Hospitality House are just requests and are in no way guaranteed. I would hate for you to be disappointed if your requests are not met.

I guess it depends on the type of trip you like to take, but we had a blast just being at the OKW resort. It sounds like you could use a quiet time and walking that time of year is GREAT because its not hot, buggies wont carry you off, etc. I would walk over to SSR one day and take a dip in the pool. Grab a drink from the Gurgling Suitcase and sit at the tables where you can see the little marina and watch the world go by. Walk around the resort and enjoy the lush landscaping. Take the boat to DTD and enjoy some time walking there (kinda like a slow boat to China, you get to enjoy a backside look at things). There were tons of activities on a list when we checked in and we didn't make it to a ONE, but there is always something going on.

RELAX! The beauty of OKW to me is that it is very relaxing after a day in the hustle bustle of WDW. If you miss the hustle bustle, drive over to the Boardwalk for an evening or hit the parks for a bit.

Also, if you enjoy walking and like pretty scenery, you might want to give Sea World a try. I really like that park and its HUGE and has tons of walking, but they have really fixed it up a lot in the last few years. We go over and spend a nice day there almost every trip. Its pace is much slower to me than WDW, but I find the park itself and the service to be pretty close matching. Beautiful, clean, nice walks, great animal shows. Just something for a change of pace.

Have fun!

Laura

you might never be happy with BWV again.

You sure this is a good move! :sunny:

what I love about OKW.

very relaxing atmosphere.

people are friendly - more like a small town than a resort with strangers.

no where is too far from one of the bus stops.

there are plenty of pools!!!

you can walk over to DD, take the boat or a bus.

at night in some areas you can see the fireworks.

It feels like it is a million miles away - but you can get to Epcot in 5 minutes!!!

Watching the birds, bunnies and other wildlife that calls OKW home.

look for the eagles, hawks and falcons - OKW has them all! (well they did I haven't seem them since the hurricane)

Mary Jane,

We'll see you there. We are at OKW from Nov. 13 - 18. We are in a 2 bedroom and a studio, NS (health reasons) and hopefully close to HH.

We'll be the big group of 7, I'll be the one leading the pack!

Have a great time and I am so glad things worked out for you.

MJTinNH said:
OKW would seem to be an ideal place for my next visit with friends in 2007 and I would be able to check it out in advance. This would also allow me to make a sentimental journey and enjoy the L A R G E rooms Richyams was always kidding BWV owners about. OKW would also save me some points cost.

Be sure to ask to see some of the larger units while you are staying at OKW. The big size difference is mostly found in the 1 and 2 bedroom units not so much in the studios.

Enjoy your trip!!!!

Mary Jane
Enjoy your trip.
i hope you fal in love with OKW
I have a philosphy, that any DVC any time is a good thing.
The alternative would be stuck at work.
We are blessed to have our DVC

pirateparrot said:
MJTinNH, please remember that non-smoking and close to Hospitality House are just requests and are in no way guaranteed. I would hate for you to be disappointed if your requests are not met.

Thanks for the heads up about this. I am most hopeful that the non-smoking request is honored because of medical reasons. Other than that I will be happy to just have a break away.

Laura - Thank you for your great tips. I will definately be following some of your advice this trip. I was thinking the Seaworld would be a relaxing day for this trip. I want to make this more of a resort type trip.

Pat - I am already fighting the add-on bug. You may be right and this trip to OKW could put me over the edge!!

disneyeveryyear - I will keep an eye out for you and your group! If you spot a two older ladies (50 and 60ish) around OKW say "HI". Even if it's not us, at least they will have a nice greeting to add to their day!!!

Grace - Good idea to try to scope out some of the 1 & 2 bdr. units. That is the size I would need in 2007 when the friends come along.

Debbie - Thank you for your kind words. You are absolutely right about any time at DVC/Disney is a good time.

Thank you to every one who replied to my thread. Many great tips and kind words and they are appreciated.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter