Great Movie Ride closes for Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm crossing my fingers for at least a soft opening in August. Kind of annoying that planning a trip in August means 0 new rides compared to that time last year, and going just a few months later means many new rides open. I can only visit in the summer due to my and my husband's line of work, so it's disappointing that Runaway Railway, Galaxy's Edge, Epcot Forever, and the gondolas all have a fall 2019 date.

I'm crossing my fingers for at least a soft opening in August. Kind of annoying that planning a trip in August means 0 new rides compared to that time last year, and going just a few months later means many new rides open. I can only

I’m hoping The Great Movie Ride Replacement / M & M Runaway Railway opens the end of August. I think it’s fall. Would be nice to have one new thing. Time will tell

Last edited:

Why is that?
I would assume they’re saying that because you’re talking about the two big,new popular rides during that will have just opened and you’re going at the biggest time of year. Those Fastpasses will be gone incredibly quickly!

I would assume they’re saying that because you’re talking about the two big,new popular rides during that will have just opened and you’re going at the biggest time of year. Those Fastpasses will be gone incredibly quickly!

We will be there for 2 weeks with 10 day tickets so our odds are as good as anyone else. I'd be surprised if we didn't get the FP's we want.

Why is that?
Not saying you won't get those fastpasses, but they will be a difficult achievement. I hope you acquire them.
They could limit entrance to the areas only for people who buy a special ticket for the first year or two.

Not saying you won't get those fastpasses, but they will be a difficult achievement. I hope you acquire them.
They could limit entrance to the areas only for people who buy a special ticket for the first year or two.

I cannot imagine the outrage Disney would face if they did that. I expect special ticketed events, but I expect those to happen outside normal operating hours.

We'll adapt as needed. That is our current plan.

We were going at this time regardless, not specifically to see SWGE. I'd be interested in a ticketed event if it meant low crowds like the After Hours events. I wouldn't pay extra however to be there with wall to wall people.

We were going at this time regardless, not specifically to see SWGE. I'd be interested in a ticketed event if it meant low crowds like the After Hours events. I wouldn't pay extra however to be there with wall to wall people.

Best of luck - and we are the same ... i’ll Pay extra if it is for a low crowd time where we can fully appreciate the land burn not if still very crowded

Doing the samething...10 day trip from Christmas to new years, with a plan of at least 4 days of fp's from DHS. So long as you dont expext to get fp's for the first few days should not have an issue. 60 days plus 4 should be good

We will be there Christmas week so we are purchasing the CL FP for our HS and MK days. Fingers crosses they are still doing those then and that they will be good for SE:GE. That way if they tier 1 MMRR, SDD and both SW rides we can still get a FP for all of them. I'm not too worried about AS2 or TSMM but hopefully they will drop to a tier 2.

I'm crossing my fingers for at least a soft opening in August. Kind of annoying that planning a trip in August means 0 new rides compared to that time last year, and going just a few months later means many new rides open. I can only visit in the summer due to my and my husband's line of work, so it's disappointing that Runaway Railway, Galaxy's Edge, Epcot Forever, and the gondolas all have a fall 2019 date.

Same here! Initially MMRR was expected in Spring 2019 but was pushed to fall, so I'm hoping August is possible. I mean if Halloween starts in August then I think there's hope! The gondolas would be nice too!

Galaxy's Edge opens at Disneyland in June. Try the other coast!

I cannot imagine the outrage Disney would face if they did that. I expect special ticketed events, but I expect those to happen outside normal operating hours.
Exactly right, tickets allow access to all attractions, except arcades, so I can't see Disney getting away with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter