Great Movie Ride closes for Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://wdwnt.com/2018/10/breaking-...ay-railway-ride-is-coming-to-disneyland-park/
Rumored to be announced at destination d, sounds really pulled out of their butts if you ask me. No sources just speculation. If it does happen I’ll wait for official word

Actually if you look back in this thread it’s been rumored since August 2016. I’ll also say they didn’t pull this out of nowhere it’s happening as far as I know.

Obviosuly they didn't name sources so not saying their report alone guarantees it ... but it certainly makes sense that at an event fairly focused around Mickey Mouse that they would announce details about the first ride dedicated to him

Actually if you look back in this thread it’s been rumored since August 2016. I’ll also say they didn’t pull this out of nowhere it’s happening as far as I know.
Obviosuly they didn't name sources so not saying their report alone guarantees it ... but it certainly makes sense that at an event fairly focused around Mickey Mouse that they would announce details about the first ride dedicated to him
The article makes me skeptical, hence why I posted it. Honestly if it was anyone other than wdwnt I would’ve believed it, but after reading the article I had doubts. I firmly believe they did split the research and development costs between the parks but reading that made me feel the way I did

If this happens my level of bitter will be through the roof. Why lose GMR for a clone! Makes me mad that IP clone rides are the future of the Disney Parks
I guess they've researched and found that people (besides maybe the small minority of Disney "fanatics") will go out of their way to travel to other parks just for some of the "unique" attractions. So they cater to the "locals" for that park.

I mean .. we here are excited about Tron and Ratoutille because how many of us would travel to overseas to go to a Disney Park just because of those attractions? But now we are excited about "copy/paste" attractions .. because they are "new" to us .. and it is probably infinitely cheaper to reproduce an existing attraction than create a whole new one. I'll take more "new to us" attractions than less "totally unique" attractions.

And even though the "attractions may be identical, I am sure there would be enough differences that if you visited a copy/paste land (like SWGE in Disneyland), it will be still exciting just because of some of the other differences in the parks as a whole.

The copy/paste between the two coasts is less thrilling, but the same logic applies. I would guess a small minority of Disney World goers would ever to go to Disneyland .. (cheaper to drive/fly and WDW just has more parks) and if so . .maybe a "once in a lifetime" trip rather than the regular trips that happen here on the East coast.

I'm ok with a clone of mechanism, it's content differences that make things interesting.
For me Space mountain is enough different between the two parks, simply by overlays. Pirates is different enough, that it's cool to go on both. Indy/Dinosaur, same mechanism, completely different content, and it really works.....some have no clue the track is exactly the same. Test track/Cars. Splash Mountain, the towers of terror. It's a small world. Goofy's kiddie coasters. Autopia/tomorrowland speedway. Big Thunder mountain. Buzz Lightyear. Haunted Mansion, Jungle cruise. The more I type, the more I realize, it's copies everywhere. You have a lot of copies from Florida/California. Heck, what do we have in the magic kingdom that doesn't have a copy?
If they are IDENTICAL, then yeah, a boo is in order. However, something that is screen based, can really vary by location with some content changes.

I guess they've researched and found that people (besides maybe the small minority of Disney "fanatics") will go out of their way to travel to other parks just for some of the "unique" attractions. So they cater to the "locals" for that park.

I mean .. we here are excited about Tron and Ratoutille because how many of us would travel to overseas to go to a Disney Park just because of those attractions? But now we are excited about "copy/paste" attractions .. because they are "new" to us .. and it is probably infinitely cheaper to reproduce an existing attraction than create a whole new one. I'll take more "new to us" attractions than less "totally unique" attractions.

And even though the "attractions may be identical, I am sure there would be enough differences that if you visited a copy/paste land (like SWGE in Disneyland), it will be still exciting just because of some of the other differences in the parks as a whole.

The copy/paste between the two coasts is less thrilling, but the same logic applies. I would guess a small minority of Disney World goers would ever to go to Disneyland .. (cheaper to drive/fly and WDW just has more parks) and if so . .maybe a "once in a lifetime" trip rather than the regular trips that happen here on the East coast.

I am more fine with copy-pasting international rides to the U.S. and vice-versa. Just feels more attainable to get to both U.S. parks and even if you only "go" to one, you hear more about the others within the states where as the international parks feel much more, for lack of a better word, foreign and just don't hear about them - or hear from your neighbor who just went there - nearly as much

Little bit off topic.. but I dont know where else to post about this but..

Am I the only one who finds these new Mickey Mouse cartoons style Grotesque? and Non-Disney? This ride is with those types of cartoons.
The other day my son stumbled upon those in youtube... I hadn't paid attention.. and i was lets say SHOCKED... goofy as a zombie... and some other weird things happening..

HOW DID DISNEY approve this?

Am I the only one who finds these new Mickey Mouse cartoons style Grotesque? and Non-Disney? This ride is with those types of cartoons.
The other day my son stumbled upon those in youtube... I hadn't paid attention.. and i was lets say SHOCKED... goofy as a zombie... and some other weird things happening..

I’d argue it’s more of a new take on old cartoons. They aren’t my favorite but I don’t hate them.

I really like them personally. The first time I saw the animation style, I too was a bit weirded out by it. After watching a few episodes I quickly discovered that the humor was clever and self-aware (Goofy having to fill in for Pluto at a dog show comes to mind.) They have grown to be some of my favorite Disney content.

I am more concerned about the content of them.
Tehy seem aggresive and a bit gortesque
I replied to a very similar comment on this thread months ago. There have always been spooky/scary Mickey shorts. I’m not a fan of the rejuvenated old style that is out now, but Goofy has been a zombie before, Mickey has been a ghost hunter, and some of the early shorts were downright scary or semi-violent.

Not much different than Tom and Jerry, Road Runner or Looney Tunes IMO for aggression.

I think the characters look quite ugly compared to any other version of them. I'm disappointed with the art direction, but I'll try not to let it detract from my enjoyment of the ride itself. From everything I've heard, it sounds like it has real potential to become something great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!