Great experience with grocery delivery!

Immadismom

DIS Veteran
Just wanted to share for anyone traveling with a family and considering grocery delivery. We arrived late last night (almost 2 am) for my daughter’s volleyball tournament this weekend and are staying at POP. I placed two orders, one with Prime Now, and one with Safeway (for cold items and to fill a few gaps not available on Prime Now).

Both were delivered at the start of our delivery window. Safeway called to let us know they delivered, and Amazon texted. Both were left with Bell Services, and they gladly brought them up when we called to let them know we had arrived! I was shocked, because I thought for sure we’d have to go down & retrieve them. Glad we didn’t have to, because we had 14 bags in total. Cold items were kept cold, and Safeway even had one bag lined with a cooler type material for yogurt, cheese, milk, etc.

I did not realize the case of bottled water I had ordered from Prime Now had gone out of stock, so I have already placed another order to have two cases delivered this morning between 10-12 before we head out for an afternoon at MK.

Overall, very pleased with both services! :yay:

We usually use garden grocer and have had faublous luck. There is a surcharge but it is waived if you spend $200 or more. We are a family of 5 adults and usually more. A grocery bill of $200 is real easy to do especially when you get several cases of water. We do breakfast and snacks in our room and make our lunches most days. We stay DVC.

@Immadismom regarding Safeway-

Did you check the box that you will be present for delivery? Or that they can leave it? I assume bell services will keep the cold stuff cold and for us it’s just going to be milk, soy milk, maybe butter and maybe cream cheese.

Our plane arrives just before 10 am (fingers crossed) so I was going to do a 1-2 ish drop off time but if I don’t have to be present then I won’t worry so much.

I am still over a month out but I am trying to fine tune my order if my kids will tell me what they think they will eat for breakfast....so far muffins and a banana :headache: and the muffins I will make and I can always put bananas in one of our carry ones that won’t get smooshed.

I am hoping to have $25 by the time I need to order from my points, currently have $15.

@Immadismom regarding Safeway-

Did you check the box that you will be present for delivery? Or that they can leave it? I assume bell services will keep the cold stuff cold and for us it’s just going to be milk, soy milk, maybe butter and maybe cream cheese.

Our plane arrives just before 10 am (fingers crossed) so I was going to do a 1-2 ish drop off time but if I don’t have to be present then I won’t worry so much.

I am still over a month out but I am trying to fine tune my order if my kids will tell me what they think they will eat for breakfast....so far muffins and a banana :headache: and the muffins I will make and I can always put bananas in one of our carry ones that won’t get smooshed.

I am hoping to have $25 by the time I need to order from my points, currently have $15.

I chose the option for them to leave my order. Bell Services did keep my cold stuff refrigerated for us. We had 1/2 gallon milk, string cheese, yogurt, and half & half.

The bananas were a tiny bit too ripe for my liking, but my family has already eaten all of them, so I guess it didn’t bother them!

I chose the option for them to leave my order. Bell Services did keep my cold stuff refrigerated for us. We had 1/2 gallon milk, string cheese, yogurt, and half & half.

The bananas were a tiny bit too ripe for my liking, but my family has already eaten all of them, so I guess it didn’t bother them!

Great thanks. Maybe I will just buy some green ones from home then.

Just wanted to share for anyone traveling with a family and considering grocery delivery. We arrived late last night (almost 2 am) for my daughter’s volleyball tournament this weekend and are staying at POP. I placed two orders, one with Prime Now, and one with Safeway (for cold items and to fill a few gaps not available on Prime Now).

Both were delivered at the start of our delivery window. Safeway called to let us know they delivered, and Amazon texted. Both were left with Bell Services, and they gladly brought them up when we called to let them know we had arrived! I was shocked, because I thought for sure we’d have to go down & retrieve them. Glad we didn’t have to, because we had 14 bags in total. Cold items were kept cold, and Safeway even had one bag lined with a cooler type material for yogurt, cheese, milk, etc.

I did not realize the case of bottled water I had ordered from Prime Now had gone out of stock, so I have already placed another order to have two cases delivered this morning between 10-12 before we head out for an afternoon at MK.

Overall, very pleased with both services! :yay:

We are also arriving quite late for our next stay, probably around 2am as well by the time we get to our the resort.
What was your requested delivery window?
And did you alert the resort ahead of time that a delivery was to be expected?

We are also arriving quite late for our next stay, probably around 2am as well by the time we get to our the resort.
What was your requested delivery window?
And did you alert the resort ahead of time that a delivery was to be expected?

I chose the latest window available, 8-10 or 9-10, depending on the service. And I did not call the resort first, they are clearly used to these deliveries here at POP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter