Great article by the Points Guy about the Universal soft opening for passholders - lots of info on masks, queues, food, etc.

Oh, I know - I wasn't being critical, just saying that I'm happy to let others be the early guinea pigs, ha! It was an interesting read and they have to start somewhere.
Yeah I definitely wouldn't want to go now. But I'm hoping by my trip in late July things will be running more smoothly.

Yeah I definitely wouldn't want to go now. But I'm hoping by my trip in late July things will be running more smoothly.
Same here. We have Royal Pacific booked late September and I'm sincerely hoping it will be on auto-pilot (and minus masks!) by then.

This article is the first I’ve heard that people refusing to wear a mask get a wristband and get their own vehicle on every ride. I wonder if that’s true?

Same here. We have Royal Pacific booked late September and I'm sincerely hoping it will be on auto-pilot (and minus masks!) by then.
Us, too.
I just wanted to add that those of us 'watching from afar' really appreciate these updates and first person experiences everyone is sharing. It's very helpful. Thanks!

This article is the first I’ve heard that people refusing to wear a mask get a wristband and get their own vehicle on every ride. I wonder if that’s true?

i don't think that's true. The wristbands are for hotel guests to show that they already had a temp check for the day. Unless it's for people who have a medical reason for not wearing a mask. I wouldn't necessarily say those people are "refusing to wear a mask", more like they can't. UO has said they will review such requests on a case by case basis.

i don't think that's true. The wristbands are for hotel guests to show that they already had a temp check for the day. Unless it's for people who have a medical reason for not wearing a mask. I wouldn't necessarily say those people are "refusing to wear a mask", more like they can't. UO has said they will review such requests on a case by case basis.
Just saw this on RixFlix too!

Just saw this on RixFlix too!

For which, 1) hotel guests that got temp checks (which is happening), 2) for those whose can't wear a mask, or 3) for those who won't wear masks?

The Points Guy article said “refusing to wear a mask”, RixFlix I think said “can’t wear a mask” but not absolutely sure on that. The refusing to wear one that was in the above article is what shocked me. Can’t wear one due to something medical is different.

I find it interesting, as stated in the article, that the social distancing is strict within ride ques and food service, but out and about no one seems to care!. I know in my area no one pays attention to the 6ft rule when they're out and about.

Yeah, at the wholesale club I work at people stay apart when queuing for registers and to get out, usually, but that's it. We've got signs up everywhere and frequent overhead announcements. The aisles that have one-way arrows are treated as if they don't, customers try to approach me daily and I back up and remind them not to, customers stop near one another...I get walking by somebody but stopping is different altogether. When I go shopping elsewhere it's the same thing. I was surprised at the high compliance to the social distancing at Universal. In the afternoon when it was busier it became impossible to dodge everyone with six feet between but in the morning everybody kept their distance. What really surprised me is the social distancing Hogwarts choir. Those were the only tm's at Universal I noticed social distancing. It's hard/impossible (depending on the task) to work together without being close to one another; we don't try to keep our distance from each other at my workplace either.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!