Grateful, Thankful, Blessed: our 25th Anniversary SeaWorld Celebration (Spring ’18 TR)

1- Yes, that's precious Garfield. I love him so much!
ETA: Pretty sure that's Nalulark in the photo of the beluga photo.

2-. It's my job as an ambassador of all animals, to teach about them. For ANY wild animal it's.always important to keep your distance, never touch, interact with, or feed them! Feeding them can be espically dangerous for several reasons. Like not giving proper food can cause them to get sick. But also, you're teaching that animal where to find food (from humans), and teaching them to get agressive with people when they don't give them food (we've had cases of squirrels jumping on people in wheelchairs and strollers with small children), I'm sure someone here can relate to being attacked by birds when the humans are eating and birds are around. They do this because their past experience tells them this is how to get food (rather than doing it the natural way). And thus how we get aggressive wild animals begging for food.

Okay, okay. I'm off my soapbox.

Yes- it's always tempting to feed animals! We just returned from The Outer Banks where there are wild horses. We took a tour and the guide told us that feeding these horses human food can kill them! So what we think is helping a hungry animal can actually sicken them or even worse!

Can I mention that you have the BEST JOB EVER at Sea World!!:)

I was just watching a video from someone at Sea World. Apparently they now have a Cookie Dough shop too! It's right next to the gift store across from the ice cream shop!

We loved the Shamu show when we went in san antonio so we r lookingforward tothis as wwewwelwwewwellhr

And I'll be interested to hear how they are the same, and how they are different. I would LOVE to visit one of the other SeaWorld parks someday!

I found your trip report in the midst of researching all things Discovery Cove. My husband finally agreed on a Discovery Cove/Sea World/Busch Gardens-focused week in 2019.
Really appreciate all of the details!

Glad to have you reading along :goodvibes. If you have any questions along the way, don't hesitate to ask!

He has one more year of college. He'd like to return to Orlando after graduation in May- and will look for a job in his field of study- graphic design/art. That will mean frequent Orlando trips or as we discussed here more mental health necessity trips!!:D

I'm absolutely going to look for these when we go to Ft. Erie!

I love your Sea World pictures! We're definitely planning to get AP's again!! Your pictures have convinced me how much I miss the park- and all the animals!!

Exciting times for your boy as he enters into his final year. Time always goes so quickly in those precious few months between September and May.

I wonder if Seaworld will offer deep annual pass discounts on Black Friday again this year? :scratchin I'm guessing we'll see less offers in 2018, just based on some of the other changes that have come down the pipes as of late. Even at full price, though, I think they're a very worthy deal ::yes::. Will you wait to purchase until after your Universal AP's expire?

You will have to let me know what you think of the butter tarts after your Fort Erie trip. A few of my American friends here in MI were not fans :confused3 ... they found them too sweet. Silly people ;).

Hi glad you will be popping over. I am enjoying your report as always.

I was bummed today about the new Discovery Cove pricing add on packages. I was so looking forward to what I had last time for next summer. It is going to be so much more money. I may have to rethink the plan. I feel bad though because it is her graduation gift. I didn't expect to have to pay so much more this time. The new pricing is so extreme from what it was. She deserves a great gift so we will figure it out. She is the kind of daughter who would not let me do it if she knew about the finances. I tell her not to worry about them it is our responsibility.

I thought of you this week. When we got home Charlie was starting some confused feelings about his life and future. Of course Olivia being who she is jumped on it and decided they should be just best friends for a bit. She really didn't want to but she wants him to be happy and be with her for the right reasons. They still love and care for each other and are so good to each other. I feel bad for her she has been sad, so I have had double time with talking with her. He has been in our lives for 3 and a half years. He considers us his family. He doesn't have a good one. I am glad that it is working out that nothing of his time with us has changed. They both would be so lost without each other. I know it will all work out but the mom in me feels sad to see them like that.

I love hearing how peoples fur babies respond when they get home. Ours were all over us, we had never been gone that long. It is what made coming home the easiest. Even after just a few days your babies were so glad to see you.:hug:

Aw, sorry to hear about your DD's relationship struggles :sad2:. I know how tough it is to stand by and allow them to work things out on their own. Hopefully they will be able to talk things through and be back on track sooner than later :thumbsup2.

Have you priced out buying AP's and adding on DC at the passmember rate? It may end up being somewhat more affordable, especially if you can make use of the annual passes a few more times before they expires....especially when they include free parking, dining and tour discounts, etc. It's worth a look....especially if those AP's come on sale on Black Friday.

If I lived in Florida I think I could just wander into Seaworld each week, just to take in a show and enjoy the park. Wouldn't that be great??

Amen, sister!!

Me too! I snorted and then had to read the story to R who also laughed and then serenaded me with "I am The Walrus". So funny!!!

:rotfl::lmao::rotfl2:

Ha, that walrus. I would have laughed at loud. Great pictures and I always enjoy that Once Ocean show.

That poor mom.....I think Steve's fit of giggles didn't help her embarrassment. He didn't hide his amusement well at all :laughing:.

Your pictures always make me wonder why we haven’t done Seaworld yet! If our next trip wasn’t already planned for me to do the Wine and Dine 5k, Seaworld would be in my plans.

It really is a fabulous park ::yes::. Definitely plan to include it on a future itinerary. I don't think you'd be at all disappointed!

I live 15 minutes away from SeaWorld. And believe me- I *do* go every week. It is one of my most favorite places in the world!

I am SO jealous!

Love One Ocean!

You're not the only ones who feed the ducks/sea gulls. But I'm glad you won't be doing it anymore. It not only harms the animals but makes them a nuisance for others trying to peacefully eat their food. Those sea gulls can get very mean!

When do you guys head back to Florida again? Is SeaWorld in your plans for the next trip?

1- Yes, that's precious Garfield. I love him so much!
ETA: Pretty sure that's Nalulark in the photo of the beluga photo.

2-. It's my job as an ambassador of all animals, to teach about them. For ANY wild animal it's.always important to keep your distance, never touch, interact with, or feed them! Feeding them can be espically dangerous for several reasons. Like not giving proper food can cause them to get sick. But also, you're teaching that animal where to find food (from humans), and teaching them to get agressive with people when they don't give them food (we've had cases of squirrels jumping on people in wheelchairs and strollers with small children), I'm sure someone here can relate to being attacked by birds when the humans are eating and birds are around. They do this because their past experience tells them this is how to get food (rather than doing it the natural way). And thus how we get aggressive wild animals begging for food.

I don't think anyone realizes just how massive Garfield is when they are viewing him in the water. When we met him on the Wild Arctic Tour a couple of years ago (when he was on land), OMG!!! His size was truly humbling! He is so darn cute :goodvibes.

I do hope that we get to see the babies in October. Hopefully they will be on exhibit at least one of the days we are there.

Lucky you :goodvibes

I love sitting on the water front, especially that terrace outside the place where you used to be able to get free beer. The name escapes me!

That area has been closed while they complete the new water ride, Infinity Falls. I'll be interested to see how the landscape changes as a result.

Yes- it's always tempting to feed animals! We just returned from The Outer Banks where there are wild horses. We took a tour and the guide told us that feeding these horses human food can kill them! So what we think is helping a hungry animal can actually sicken them or even worse!

Can I mention that you have the BEST JOB EVER at Sea World!!:)

I wholeheartedly agree!

I was just watching a video from someone at Sea World. Apparently they now have a Cookie Dough shop too! It's right next to the gift store across from the ice cream shop!

NO WAY!! :cool1: I am a member of the SeaWorld Annual Passholders Facebook page, but haven't seen it mentioned yet. @chiamarie , you need to take one for the team and give it a try for us!! Or @Joanna71985 , since you are there so regularly!! We need first hand reports and photos ;).

I had one of those moments of "whoa" this week, where I realized that we will cross into the double digits on our countdown to our October trip :eek:. Time is passing so fast!

So, I thought it was high time to cross a couple more planning items off the list.....slow and steady wins the race, as they say. We already had our flights purchased, and our accommodations (both our timeshare week and the extra stand alone night) are both reserved and paid for. Our Return to Sleepy Hollow premium tickets (which include the dessert party) were also crossed off the list some time ago, and we have our standing reservation for dinner at Trails End for the same evening.
I bought 4 SeaWorld all-day dining plans a few weeks ago under the current passmember special ($24.99 per day, per person.....a rocking good deal! :banana:) so today, I bought 4 more for Aquatica. That covers each of our 4 planned park days....and at a crazy low cost. That leaves more money left over for some extra fun ;). Along that lines, I saw that SeaWorld had introduced a new Animal Ambassadors Tour which sounded fun [you can find the details here: https://seaworld.com/orlando/tours/animal-ambassador/ ], so I went ahead and purchased tickets for that as well.

For another "something new", I made a reservation for breakfast at Boma. We've never been to Animal Kingdom Lodge, and thought it would be a fun thing to do on the day we have the Sleepy Hollow event (making it a little more of a complete "Disney Day"). I had originally made an ADR for breakfast at Ohana (something we've done many times over the years) but decided to switch it out in the spirit of trying new things.

Left on the to-do list: book our Aquatica cabanas, and the Sea Lion tour at SeaWorld. Not too bad, really, considering we have just over 3 months to go.

I'm pretty sure this spring trip report will turn into a fall PTR as time goes on!

Boma for breakfast, I love the shop at AKL and the animal viewing area. We have been at night but not in the morning, so will be interested to read what you think :goodvibes

Boma has become a tradition for my family for dinner, followed by animal viewing! Someday I want to stay at Animal Kingdom Lodge. I think you’ll really enjoy it!

Monday, May 7th: SeaWorld, continued

After the One Ocean show concluded, we spilled out into the walkways (with a few thousand others) and meandered our way back through the park. We decided to visit the seals and sea lions who call Pacific Point Preserve home.

32147708_10156731528071416_8730357426756255744_n.jpg

While we normally find the herd to be very vocal and clamoring for food from those carrying the coveted trays of fish, today the whole group was surprisingly chill and shockingly quiet. There was very little roughhousing, and not even much begging :confused3. We surmised that they must have been well fed early in the day, and content to enjoy an afternoon siesta in the spring sunshine :faint:.

31959775_10156731528221416_7524317768087240704_n.jpg

Their lazy demeanor didn’t take away from all their cuteness, however. Oh, those faces!!! <3 How can you not just fall in LOVE with these adorable little beasts?? :love:

31961296_10156731528116416_8854355112571699200_n.jpg

We had toyed with the idea of buying a tray of food and feeding the few fellows who seemed interested, but opted to leave that until later in the week when perhaps there’d be more activity in and around the habitat.

32117031_10156731528171416_3408391054313914368_n.jpg

So, we just spent the time watching them lounge and pose…..and we were happy to note that Big Chris, one of our favorite sea lions whom we learned about from @chiamarie on a previous visit, was still alive and well (and apparently still in charge of his half of the habitat) :goodvibes.

We were just going to stop and grab some fresh and cold bottles of water from the Expedition Café as we passed through Antarctica, but since we were on the dining plan we thought we’d grab some food to share while we were there [calories don’t count on vacation, remember!]. The Expedition Café features three different pods, each with its own theme (American, Italian and Asian). Steve only had eyes for the chocolate cake, but I wasn’t feeling dessert…..so between the two of us, we ended up with a platter of stuffed meat cannelloni, a side of cake, a pair of bottled waters on this stop.

35842408_10156832570036416_8240932412884779008_n.jpg

The cannelloni, which came with a warm breadstick, was surprisingly good. Very cheesy and the sauce was quite meaty. It was WAY larger of a portion than I had envisioned when I was ordering it :eek:, so I was glad that it piqued Steve’s interest once we had our wristbands scanned at the check-out and made our way to a table. He ate well over half of it as well as his cake, which made me happy as I always feel bad when I throw out food…..and there was no way I had enough stomach capacity to eat the whole thing myself.

Once again stuffed full and re-hydrated, we decided a sit-down attraction might be a fine idea while our mid-day snack settled. We decided to make our way over to the SkyTower to soak up some views of the park from 500 feet in the air.

32191347_10156734836401416_6167782098884100096_n.jpg

We knew that they had started to charge for SkyTower admission some months back (when we first starting visiting in 2012, it was an extra fee to ride….then they made it part of regular park admission…..and now they’ve gone back to the $2.00 per person fee) so we were happily surprised to see that passmembers got to ride for free. It’s good to have an annual pass! :thumbsup2

32207312_10156734836546416_7337864467444662272_n.jpg

I’d like to say we had a wonderfully peaceful spin in the sky as the pod rotated a full 360 degrees giving riders a wonderful view of every part of the park, but we ended up sharing the pod with 14 second graders and their chaperones :crazy2: ….. so peaceful it definitely was not! :rolleyes:

31960399_10156731529196416_907802695912390656_n.jpg

Despite the excited (and incessant :rolleyes1) chatter of the school group …… and the fact that NONE of them were made sit down during the ride :sad2: ….. we still were able to appreciate the great views from the large windows. Shamu Stadium, Bayside Stadium, the Waterfront, and even Aquatica and Discovery Cove were all clearly visible during the ride….and they sure look different from the air than they do on the ground.

32116245_10156731529266416_7623586002874925056_n.jpg

31960372_10156731529326416_4222251764511932416_n.jpg

31958122_10156731529661416_1475434717737123840_n.jpg

A little fun fact: the SkyTower was constructed in 1973, the same year as I was born. It’s also the highest free-standing structure in the state of Florida.

31969748_10156731529571416_6349817080769937408_n.jpg

31946948_10156731529756416_3020402056893562880_n.jpg

And we even got a peek at the progress on the building of the newest ride, Infinity Falls!

32076537_10156731529476416_4242326845380362240_n.jpg

The day wasn't over yet.....still more to come! :)

32203046_10156731529716416_1476705761768767488_n.jpg

Boma for breakfast, I love the shop at AKL and the animal viewing area. We have been at night but not in the morning, so will be interested to read what you think :goodvibes

Steve was very happy with the menu that we found online, and while we thought that AKL was a bit of a hike from the Vistana, I popped it into Google maps and it doesn't seem to be to terribly far at all. We have a 10 am "breakfast", so it will be more like brunch. Knowing we have Trails End and the Sleepy Hollow dessert party that night, there's no way we want to be eating 3 meals that day!!

Boma has become a tradition for my family for dinner, followed by animal viewing! Someday I want to stay at Animal Kingdom Lodge. I think you’ll really enjoy it!

I really hope we are able to see some animals while we are there :). That would make the experience super special! We were kind of bummed that the breakfast didn't have any characters, but a giraffe or two would make up for that quite nicely ;).

AKL is gorgeous, although I've never been in Jambo-we usually go to Kidani for dining at Sanaa. I can tell you there is terrific animal viewing at Kidani, including a nice walkway right out into the savanna with a CM who waits out there to answer questions. As a surprise I have booked 2 nights at Jambo for our anniversary in August (TY for CM dd discounts!!). I'd recommend time to go to both places to view the differing savanna's!

What gorgeous day you had at SW!!

Are you planning a May trip next year too?

I really hope we are able to see some animals while we are there :). That would make the experience super special! We were kind of bummed that the breakfast didn't have any characters, but a giraffe or two would make up for that quite nicely ;).

You'll see animals. There are animal areas around the pool which is just outside Boma. You can't see the animals from the restaurant, but walk around the pool before or after. Also, you must step out onto the large animal viewing area off the lobby. Lots of savanna animals are out there. If you feel like more walking, there are large window viewing areas in the hallways leading to the hotel rooms overlooking various savannas. If you can find any windows looking out over the watering holes, you'll usually find animals nearby.

We love breakfast and dinner at Boma. We're always stuffed after eating there.

I also agree with Monykalyn. Go to Kidani, too, while you're there. They have some animals that Jambo doesn't have. And definitely talk to the savanna guides at both Jambo and Kidani.

The gift shop in Jambo is one of our favorite stores at WDW.

The Mara has some excellent desserts/pastries if you don't get your fill of sweets at the breakfast buffet. They tend to have to go packs of the famous zebra domes. I prefer the peanut butter brownie, though.

Have you priced out buying AP's and adding on DC at the passmember rate? It may end up being somewhat more affordable, especially if you can make use of the annual passes a few more times before they expires....especially when they include free parking, dining and tour discounts, etc. It's worth a look....especially if those AP's come on sale on Black Friday.

I am intrigued by this possibility. Can AP-ers buy admission for additional guests? Any idea if April 2019 is available to book for DC with an AP and approx cost?

I'm always having to tell people at Disney not to feed the ducks, for that reason

Lucky you :goodvibes

I love sitting on the water front, especially that terrace outside the place where you used to be able to get free beer. The name escapes me!

Thank you! I miss that area, and hope to see it when Infinity Falls opens

They do! I'm hoping to try some soon

I am SO jealous!

NO WAY!! :cool1: I am a member of the SeaWorld Annual Passholders Facebook page, but haven't seen it mentioned yet. @chiamarie , you need to take one for the team and give it a try for us!! Or @Joanna71985 , since you are there so regularly!! We need first hand reports and photos ;).

Thank you! I have to make up for lost time though, as I didn't start going until 2015

And I will have to try to stop in soon! It all looks really good

I bought 4 SeaWorld all-day dining plans a few weeks ago under the current passmember special ($24.99 per day, per person.....a rocking good deal! :banana:) so today, I bought 4 more for Aquatica. That covers each of our 4 planned park days....and at a crazy low cost. That leaves more money left over for some extra fun ;). Along that lines, I saw that SeaWorld had introduced a new Animal Ambassadors Tour which sounded fun [you can find the details here: https://seaworld.com/orlando/tours/animal-ambassador/ ], so I went ahead and purchased tickets for that as well.

The tour is awesome! I love it

Steve was very happy with the menu that we found online, and while we thought that AKL was a bit of a hike from the Vistana, I popped it into Google maps and it doesn't seem to be to terribly far at all. We have a 10 am "breakfast", so it will be more like brunch. Knowing we have Trails End and the Sleepy Hollow dessert party that night, there's no way we want to be eating 3 meals that day!!

We love AKL. You will definitely be able to see animals. There is also a free shuttle to Kidani with great animal viewing. Depending on the day, there are free restaurant tours (I think at 3) for Jiko and Boma. You should have a great time. Looking forward to reading the rest of your trip report.

We go to AKL every time we are in Florida. I Love the lodge and the gift shop, but we have never been to Kidani (unless you count getting lost in the parking lot). I had no idea the animals might be different or there was a shuttle that has animal viewing. Cant wait for our next trip. Thanks for the tips! Always learning something new!

Gina it can take anywhere from 11 minutes to 35 minutes from AKL (Windsor Hills) to SeaWorld/Discovery Cove. Depending on traffic. But for Breakfast I think you should be fine as all the traffic on I4 is going the other way. It truly is only a couple miles away.

Last edited:
AKL is my favorite resort by far!! I have stayed at both Jambo House and Kidani, I prefer Jambo House. Along the hallways of the hotel from the lobby are balconies with rocking chairs, just sitting there and watching the animals...great way to relax! As far as animals, you should be able to see giraffes, zebras, Anakole cattle, and ostriches. You will definitely want to stay there for at least one night in the future. At night there is a firepit where one of the international castmembers will tell African folk tales. Was always my favorite resort to sell when I worked for Disney reservations.

AKL is gorgeous, although I've never been in Jambo-we usually go to Kidani for dining at Sanaa. I can tell you there is terrific animal viewing at Kidani, including a nice walkway right out into the savanna with a CM who waits out there to answer questions. As a surprise I have booked 2 nights at Jambo for our anniversary in August (TY for CM dd discounts!!). I'd recommend time to go to both places to view the differing savanna's!

What gorgeous day you had at SW!!

Are you planning a May trip next year too?

We will have unlimited time at our disposal (we have nothing else planned that day except for pool time and our evening event at Fort Wilderness), so we can definitely plan to check out both Jambo and Kidani :thumbsup2. Thanks so much for the inside scoop!

We were blessed with incredible weather again this trip :worship: ... we have been SO incredibly lucky with weather on all of our Orlando vacations, really. I am thinking one day the law of averages is going to catch up with us and it will monsoon from the time we touch down until the time we fly home :rolleyes:.

Next year, we will be aiming for the last week of April .... just so we can squeeze in one final visit before our current AP's expire. I haven't checked the April 2019 calendar, but it will be the last full week of the month. Assuming I don't have any more job changes between now and then ;), I've got to be back in my office on May 1st for month end.

You'll see animals. There are animal areas around the pool which is just outside Boma. You can't see the animals from the restaurant, but walk around the pool before or after. Also, you must step out onto the large animal viewing area off the lobby. Lots of savanna animals are out there. If you feel like more walking, there are large window viewing areas in the hallways leading to the hotel rooms overlooking various savannas. If you can find any windows looking out over the watering holes, you'll usually find animals nearby.

We love breakfast and dinner at Boma. We're always stuffed after eating there.

I also agree with Monykalyn. Go to Kidani, too, while you're there. They have some animals that Jambo doesn't have. And definitely talk to the savanna guides at both Jambo and Kidani.

The gift shop in Jambo is one of our favorite stores at WDW.

The Mara has some excellent desserts/pastries if you don't get your fill of sweets at the breakfast buffet. They tend to have to go packs of the famous zebra domes. I prefer the peanut butter brownie, though.

Thanks for such great info! I've always wanted to try the zebra domes, so I'll definitely be picking up a package of those before we leave ::yes::. You guys are actually getting me very excited about this meal! :banana: I was kind of "meh" when I booked it, but your posts are getting me pretty pumped!

I am intrigued by this possibility. Can AP-ers buy admission for additional guests? Any idea if April 2019 is available to book for DC with an AP and approx cost?

I believe annual passholders can get 50% off tickets for their guests, to a maximum of 6 passes per passholder per year (per park....so if you have a SeaWorld and Aquatica dual park AP, the you'd be able to get 6 guest tickets at 50% off per park). Each park also has special monthly benefits over and above the standard year-long benefits, so that's a consideration as well.

If you give me your specific April dates, I could check the passmember website and see what rates are coming up at DC. April will vary widely, I suspect, as Spring Break falls during that month and will have much higher rates than, say, later in the month.

I'm always having to tell people at Disney not to feed the ducks, for that reason

Thank you! I miss that area, and hope to see it when Infinity Falls opens

They do! I'm hoping to try some soon

Thank you! I have to make up for lost time though, as I didn't start going until 2015

And I will have to try to stop in soon! It all looks really good

The tour is awesome! I love it

You've already done the Animal Ambassador tour? I'd love to hear which animals you saw!

We love AKL. You will definitely be able to see animals. There is also a free shuttle to Kidani with great animal viewing. Depending on the day, there are free restaurant tours (I think at 3) for Jiko and Boma. You should have a great time. Looking forward to reading the rest of your trip report.

Thank you! :goodvibes

Does the shuttle run pretty regularly?

We go to AKL every time we are in Florida. I Love the lodge and the gift shop, but we have never been to Kidani (unless you count getting lost in the parking lot). I had no idea the animals might be different or there was a shuttle that has animal viewing. Cant wait for our next trip. Thanks for the tips! Always learning something new!

Gina it can take anywhere from 11 minutes to 35 minutes from AKL (Windsor Hills) to SeaWorld/Discovery Cove. Depending on traffic. But for Breakfast I think you should be fine as all the traffic on I4 is going the other way. It truly is only a couple miles away.

That's totally doable. We generally allow a half hour to any Disney resort, anyway, just to allow for traffic slow downs and wrong turns :rolleyes1. And it sounds like if we get there early, we'll have lots to keep us busy while we wait!

AKL is my favorite resort by far!! I have stayed at both Jambo House and Kidani, I prefer Jambo House. Along the hallways of the hotel from the lobby are balconies with rocking chairs, just sitting there and watching the animals...great way to relax! As far as animals, you should be able to see giraffes, zebras, Anakole cattle, and ostriches. You will definitely want to stay there for at least one night in the future. At night there is a firepit where one of the international castmembers will tell African folk tales. Was always my favorite resort to sell when I worked for Disney reservations.

It sounds like we're going to have a super fun visit on our breakfast day! I'm almost thinking that this may become a new tradition.....especially if the food is as good as the atmosphere.

I doubt we'll ever stay at AKL ... we have been spoiled by the timeshare life, and have a hard time bringing ourselves to stay in a tiny hotel room now that we've become accustomed to 1260 square feet ;). Share a bathroom? I think not! :laughing: But we do enjoy visiting the Disney resorts for meals. It's a perfect compromise!

Hi Gina! I just noticed your next trip dates. I think we're going to be in Orlando the weekend BEFORE you arrive. :( My kids don't have school Friday the 19th (and my son's birthday is the 15th), so I was thinking about a long weekend with visits to Sea World, maybe Outta Control Magic Show, and other stuff. I'll let you know if our plans change.

We have always fed those guys. Most of the time, we hear lots of honking, and begging. Always fun to try not to allow a bird to get it instead.

And woot! for that mighty list for October this year. Sad will miss ya by a week or so, but still thinking of April, so maybe will we cross paths again. I'll be waiting for Blue Friday, and discount on Super Grover pass around that time too.

Oh, and we like Boma too. Even picky little one enjoys it. Plus, we really like the hotel, so do spend time looking around. Never stayed there either, though not on our stay there radar most of the time, but visiting, yes.

It sounds like we're going to have a super fun visit on our breakfast day! I'm almost thinking that this may become a new tradition.....especially if the food is as good as the atmosphere.

I doubt we'll ever stay at AKL ... we have been spoiled by the timeshare life, and have a hard time bringing ourselves to stay in a tiny hotel room now that we've become accustomed to 1260 square feet ;). Share a bathroom? I think not! :laughing: But we do enjoy visiting the Disney resorts for meals. It's a perfect compromise!
Gina, never say never, lol!! I am sure there is a DVC member who will rent you the points for one night. If you need to do an extra night, you can take Magical Express from the airport, and back the next day to pick up your rental. I am positive you will want to spend a night there!! Sitting on your balcony, watching the sun go down, with a glass of wine and your honey is a perfect way to end your night and start your vacation!!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter