Grateful, Thankful, Blessed: our 25th Anniversary SeaWorld Celebration (Spring ’18 TR)

Stopping in to say Hi :wave:Here now!
Between the heat and the storms our days have been limited.
We hit DC,SW and Aquitica but we’re gone each day by early afternoon.
Today we’re hanging at the pool until storms come through.
Hoping to make it to Celebration and Wonderland Cookie Dough tonight.
Hope everyone had a nice 4th!

A burger?!?!?! At a taco place?!?! WHAT?!?!

And I'm gonna get you to at least TRY the guac and tell it's not awful! Once upon a time, I was scared of avacados. But it's not a staple in my diet thanks to my Epcot margaritas, and Rocco's Tableside Guac.

Umm, well you should change that. Because it's amazeballs. Well, if you're a taco guac, and margaritas loving person like me, you can't go wrong. But seriously, you could go just for drinks, guac, and churros and it's a full meal! And it's soooo good!
@chiamarie! Twin sister from a different mother...

I have to admit I haven't tried Rocco's yet, but we used to love the Tex-Mex place about a block away on Via Dellaggio (think it's now housing Peperoncino). They made a tableside guac as well that was excellent. Unfortunately they didn't last too long though, and the memory has faded to the point I can no longer remember the name. I love good Mex or Tex-Mex cuisine, and spice is never a problem. A good marg is always appreciated too.

Umm, well you should change that. Because it's amazeballs. Well, if you're a taco guac, and margaritas loving person like me, you can't go wrong. But seriously, you could go just for drinks, guac, and churros and it's a full meal! And it's soooo good!

Ooo, definitely up for anyplace that has churros! Love those things

Oooh- Rocco's sounds great! Will have to add that to my extremely long to do list! I always get so many good tips from Gina's TR's!

What an amazing experience at Sea World. That makes me want to check it out if we ever get to Orlando sometime in the next couple of years :sad1: It's just so costly right now to get there from Western Canada, with the dollar so low, extra $$$ for airfare, and now the new tariffs will make it even harder to save for a vacation to the US anytime soon. I do work a second job, but it is temporary to help offset the dd destination wedding, our oldest ds graduation 2 weeks and starting university and the youngest ds will be turning 16 and will be needing to be on our vehicle insurance. Sigh!!! The money is just walking out the door for the next couple of years.
I will just have to live vacations through other people's delightful trip reports :flower:

What an amazing experience at Sea World. That makes me want to check it out if we ever get to Orlando sometime in the next couple of years :sad1: It's just so costly right now to get there from Western Canada, with the dollar so low, extra $$$ for airfare, and now the new tariffs will make it even harder to save for a vacation to the US anytime soon. I do work a second job, but it is temporary to help offset the dd destination wedding, our oldest ds graduation 2 weeks and starting university and the youngest ds will be turning 16 and will be needing to be on our vehicle insurance. Sigh!!! The money is just walking out the door for the next couple of years.
I will just have to live vacations through other people's delightful trip reports :flower:

Yes- those kids are costly!! Oh- a destination wedding? How exciting! :cheer2:You must share some details!

I do love reading TR's- especially Gina's! Makes you feel like you're on vacay too!

Hey @dancin Disney style ! You'd be a perfect addition to our Tim's franchise group! might turn into a family business if the marriage works out!:rolleyes1

I have to say that our Dismeet was so wonderful! Yep- it was like catching up with old friends as the conversation never stopped! Joe and I are truly grateful, thankful, & blessed as well to have met you guys! and we will meet up again!!

I can't remember....were you guys planning a trip (or two) during the autumn months, before the snow flies? Probably a long shot, but if you happen to be there at the end of October, we'd love to set up a dinner date with you both :thumbsup2.

So, really good job on the relaxing first couple of days! Waiting anxiously to see what the busy days are like...

Not a lot of details really. It was this gal here; wave hello...:wave2:

Ooops, she's a little shy...

She surfaced near our Zodiac and and blew; I didn't get a picture of it unfortunately. Really was more of a mist than a shower, but boy does it smell...

It was actually a mamma with her baby and another "guard" along. They were teaching the baby to roll, so lots of pictures of fins, but they never really breached for us. Was still one of the most magical things I've witnessed.

This was in Cabo maybe 5-6 years ago now? We're heading back this March and will certainly do another whale excursion. Also looking forward to another round of x-rails in the desert.:drive:

Yes, sorry!

See, maybe I really am Canadian.

As a grammarian, I find it hard to frequent an establishment that misspells its own name. Now if it was Tim Horton's perhaps I would feel differently. First Tim Hortons, next I'll start rooting for the Toronto Maple Leaves.

Of course the good news is that Tim Hortons coffee won't be hit here in Canada by the recent coffee tariffs on US sourced coffee (since it's not really coffee). The bad news is that US based Tim Hortons will now have to deal with the tariffs on softwood lumber...

:duck:

Incredible pics of the whales :worship:. I've gotta admit, I'm more than a little jealous!! Unbelievably awesome!

As for the pic of you zipping across the sand dunes, it's nice to see you are getting some varied experience before you become the Golden Girls driver for @dancin Disney style and myself :drive:.

From Wiki:

The company had removed the apostrophe after signs using the apostrophe were considered to be breaking the language sign laws of the Province of Quebec in 1993. The removal of the apostrophe allowed the company to have one common sign image across Canada.

Oh for pity's sake, THAT'S the reason there's no apostrophe?? :confused: Quebec certainly has some unusual rules.

Dis-meets are so fun! Between the DCP parents FB page and here (even though I've only gotten to meet a couple fellow dissers) my family now is used to me saying "I'm meeting so and so from _____":rotfl2:.
Sounds like a truly lovely day!

With all of your connections, I can imagine you must have TONS of opportunities for meet-ups!

Did your family find it strange at first? Or were they pretty chill from the get go?

Should I admit that I've lived in Central FL for almost 9 years, and have never heard of them?

And just like that, you broke poor @chiamarie 's heart :rotfl:.

This reminds me I've been meaning to ask who you use to do your photo books. I normally do a scrapbook so I can use all the fun Disney things I find at the craft store, but my last trip the book is so fat I don't really want to do that again. Plus with 3 Disney centric trips this year I'd like to have them all in the same book if I can rather than one for each of the week long trips and then photos elsewhere from the SF weekend for the museum. Which also reminds me, is the site one I can start working on it now and add pictures and edit until I'm ready to order in December after I've done my last trip?

I used to scrapbook as well, but switched over to the photo books for the exact same reason. Those large scrapbooks take up a TON of space on the bookshelf. I have used Shutterfly, Picaboo and Costco Photo Center in the past, but Picaboo is my fave of them all and my go-to company (with Costco a very acceptable second....not a Shutterfly fan in general). Picaboo discounts are almost always available on Groupon, so NEVER pay full price. They also have weekly sales that change every Tuesday.

Your books are stored indefinitely on Picaboo (and I'm pretty sure the same can be said about Costco Photo Center), so you can definitely work away over a series of months and add to and edit a book from now until December :thumbsup2.

A burger?!?!?! At a taco place?!?! WHAT?!?!

And I'm gonna get you to at least TRY the guac and tell it's not awful! Once upon a time, I was scared of avacados. But it's not a staple in my diet thanks to my Epcot margaritas, and Rocco's Tableside Guac.

What's wrong with a burger from a Mexican place? It's really kind of like a solid taco. Right? ;)

I might be convinced to try a taco or a burrito, but I guarantee you that the only person you'll be sharing your guacamole with is Steve. A girl has to have limits and mine start at avacados!! (and cream cheese.....and sour cream :sick:)

I've had many a US Timmies and I have to agree....not quite the same. Actually, I've had it from many other Canadian cities and it's little different there too. I have officially decided that it's the water.

The marriage deal is still alive and well. I NEVER go back on a business deal. I've already been told that I will have no say in any wedding arrangements. I think that GC will want more than a pool side reception. Think more along the lines of the Disney princess wedding.

Yes, the shed is still available. In fact, it's had a makeover. All new wood, hardware and paint.

Tea all the way!!!!! It's my Scottish side. Black tea with milk....none of that herbal dishwater stuff.

I have no problem with a Disney Princess wedding princess:. Does that mean I can wear my mouse ears to the ceremony? :earsgirl:

And ooohhhh, your shed sounds lovely! Pics?

I would gladly move to Florida and pour coffee. Leaving the stress of my current business is just what the doctor ordered. Sole ownership SUCKS! ANNND......I worked in restaurants all through high school, since that was just a couple of years ago I'm highly qualified.

you-are-hired-you-can-start-tomorrow-but-you-will-need-feature-image-900-471.jpg

Stopping in to say Hi :wave:Here now!
Between the heat and the storms our days have been limited.
We hit DC,SW and Aquitica but we’re gone each day by early afternoon.
Today we’re hanging at the pool until storms come through.
Hoping to make it to Celebration and Wonderland Cookie Dough tonight.
Hope everyone had a nice 4th!

Hey there! :wave: Are you still in the sunny south, or back home in MI? I'm thinking that you might have your feet back on northern soil by now.

Did you manage to squeeze in a visit to Wonderland Cookie Dough?? If so, I'd love to know what you thought!

Now we need to set up a dinner date so I can hear all about your trip!

@chiamarie! Twin sister from a different mother...

I have to admit I haven't tried Rocco's yet, but we used to love the Tex-Mex place about a block away on Via Dellaggio (think it's now housing Peperoncino). They made a tableside guac as well that was excellent. Unfortunately they didn't last too long though, and the memory has faded to the point I can no longer remember the name. I love good Mex or Tex-Mex cuisine, and spice is never a problem. A good marg is always appreciated too.

Can one order a dish "plain" at a Mexican restaurant? Everything seems to be covered in soupy goop of some sort.

Ooo, definitely up for anyplace that has churros! Love those things

Joanna, now you're talking my language!! :thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2 Maybe I should just forego an entree and go straight to the churros and margaritas!!

Oooh- Rocco's sounds great! Will have to add that to my extremely long to do list! I always get so many good tips from Gina's TR's!

Start planning a trip for that last week of October, and we'll make it a group Dismeet! :teeth:

I totally feel your pain on airfare. Flying from Canada is SO expensive, and from the west, painfully so. We were lucky in Ontario to be able to fly from American border cities and that was often all that saved our budget.

Sounds like you have quite some exciting milestones coming up with your kiddos! They are expensive little creatures for sure, but what happy events to look forward to nonetheless. Where is your DD tying the knot? Somewhere warm? (obviously not Orlando?)

Fingers crossed that you'll find yourself planning a trip sooner rather than later. Here's to the Canadian dollar strengthening soon.....its been low WAY too long.
Yes- those kids are costly!! Oh- a destination wedding? How exciting! :cheer2:You must share some details!

I do love reading TR's- especially Gina's! Makes you feel like you're on vacay too!

You are seriously too sweet :goodvibes. Thank you!

I used to scrapbook as well, but switched over to the photo books for the exact same reason. Those large scrapbooks take up a TON of space on the bookshelf. I have used Shutterfly, Picaboo and Costco Photo Center in the past, but Picaboo is my fave of them all and my go-to company (with Costco a very acceptable second....not a Shutterfly fan in general). Picaboo discounts are almost always available on Groupon, so NEVER pay full price. They also have weekly sales that change every Tuesday.

Your books are stored indefinitely on Picaboo (and I'm pretty sure the same can be said about Costco Photo Center), so you can definitely work away over a series of months and add to and edit a book from now until December :thumbsup2.

I didn't know Costco had photo books, shows how much attention I pay when I upload my photos to have the prints done. I'll check them and picaboo out. I agree with shutterfly and wasn't looking towards using them and had remembered you got a good discount on the place you had used.

I might be convinced to try a taco or a burrito, but I guarantee you that the only person you'll be sharing your guacamole with is Steve. A girl has to have limits and mine start at avacados!! (and cream cheese.....and sour cream :sick:)

I concur with the guac, just stay away! Weird texture and things in it I don't want to eat. I would suggest, if you don't want to do a taco which will have the least sauce of the other things and you can get it without the veggies if you want, to try a quesadilla. You can get it with just cheese or you can have it with meat. I get a chicken one at the mexican place we go to, it's got flavor but isn't overly spicy. Make sure it's just the cheese and meat, some places will add stuff inside. Also, if it has sour cream or guac on the side let them know you don't want it. This is all what I do :) Or I'll have a chicken taco with just cheese. Though if they had shredded beef I would also suggest that, but not ground beef. I find ground beef at mexican restaurants to not have as much flavor or be too salty.

Oh and be sure to find out if they mix stuff in with the meat before deciding what to do, some places it won't be just chicken or just beef it'll have onions, peppers etc mixed in. You can also do just a cheese quesadilla which is also always good, especially if you can do the salsa to add a bit more flavor. Of course none of this matters if they don't have a quesadilla on the menu but I would think/hope they would.

Can one order a dish "plain" at a Mexican restaurant? Everything seems to be covered in soupy goop of some sort.
Interestingly, you would probably be okay with a lot of authentic Mexican food. What gets served as Mexican in most of North America is much more Texas/Arizona/NM than Mexico; I would love to find a real Mexican restaurant around here. In Mexico, many of the authentic dishes have the spice served on the side, and you can dress it up as much or as little as you want. The pastries and breads at the Panderia are to die for, and they love their carnes. Although they are known for using ALL the bits of the livestock, so you might want to watch out for that... :rolleyes1

Monday, May 7th: a happy return to SeaWorld

Our original itinerary, before all the extra and unexpected fun were added in, called for our Monday to be spent at SeaWorld......and since we still had lots of the park to reacquaint ourselves with, we were excited to return for another full day of fun. Since we are naturally early risers, a side effect of Steve being out the door for work by 6 am at the latest, we had no problem making it to the park for the 10 am opening. The persistent clouds of the weekend had passed and it was a gloriously sunshiny, warm and beautiful spring day.

31959734_10156731512866416_4665908292617240576_n.jpg

Making full use of our Photokey purchase, we stopped for some pictures as we entered the park. I had somewhat matched our outfits again today, something I tried to carry through for most of the trip (except for the day before). I know many people think its odd, but it's kind of become a tradition for us. Yep, we're weird like that.

32187857_10156731513266416_6262433896663613440_n.jpg

One of the photographers did a magic shot for us, which was kind of fun. Just a small tip for those who might be planning a visit to SeaWorld, though: if you have a magic shot taken during your park day, be sure to stop at Adventure Photo before you leave to have the "magic" element added to the picture......otherwise, you will have empty hands. The addition of the magic is NOT automatic like at Disney. This is a tidbit of info that I forgot to mention to @DontRushMe so I thought it was worth noting here.

32089303_10156731513131416_7786037119301976064_n.jpg

Once we were finished with the Photokey pics, we decided we'd head right to Seafire Grill and grab a bit of breakfast. We had pre-purchased the All Day Dining for this "scheduled" full day at the park, and we figured we'd might as well get the max value out of our purchase. We had no more than than made that executive decision when we spotted a character meet just past the outdoor kiosks at the Emporium (the store, located right across from Guest Services at the park entrance, was undergoing a full reno during our visit so all of the merchandise was being sold outside under large tents) and figured we should probably make a quick pit stop before seeking out our morning vittles. Our tummies could wait (there was still plenty of time for breakfast), but character opportunities are much more unpredictable. Also, there was literally NO line.....we just walked right up and made friends with this beautiful dolphin :love::

31968081_10156731512801416_3768800374509535232_n.jpg

Considering we just got here, this day was starting out pretty darn nicely :thumbsup2.

Heading over to SeaFire, we found the restaurant virtually deserted with no lines whatsoever for food. Entitlements under the all day dining for breakfast are all continental in nature featuring large muffins, croissants, fruit danishes, cereal, seasonal fresh fruits, and an assortment of beverages. I had a chocolate chip muffin and Steve opted for a croissant. We shared a fruit cup of strawberries and oranges (though we could have each had our own cup if we had wanted it) and both of us picked a carton of milk [however mine was apparently camera shy when this picture was taken]....at our ages, we need all the calcium we can get :laughing:.

35925239_10156832570541416_2583426595230318592_n.jpg

It was basic fare but everything was fresh and tasty. The muffin was really, really big (much larger than the picture shows) and was super filling all on its own. The fruit was great, too, perfectlyi ripe and sweet. We left full and satisfied and ready to tackle the day. Out of pocket, that breakfast would have run us right around $20+. We paid $67, including taxes, for both all day dining plans. Stay tuned to see if we managed to eat our money's worth as the day wore on.

Much more to come!

Thanks for the food pictures, Gina. We are also planning to get the all day dining at Seaworld when we go this fall. It's helpful to see what the breakfast looks like.

About Wonderland Cookie Dough...can you describe what it is like? Is it cold like ice cream? It is very sweet? Or is it smooth and more fridge temperature? I am tempted but afraid that it may be too hit-you-in-the-back-of-the-throat sweet. One their website, they have another location in NH. This is on the way to visit my Mom. we could make a road trip stop there. :)

I didn't know Costco had photo books, shows how much attention I pay when I upload my photos to have the prints done. I'll check them and picaboo out. I agree with shutterfly and wasn't looking towards using them and had remembered you got a good discount on the place you had used.

I concur with the guac, just stay away! Weird texture and things in it I don't want to eat. I would suggest, if you don't want to do a taco which will have the least sauce of the other things and you can get it without the veggies if you want, to try a quesadilla. You can get it with just cheese or you can have it with meat. I get a chicken one at the mexican place we go to, it's got flavor but isn't overly spicy. Make sure it's just the cheese and meat, some places will add stuff inside. Also, if it has sour cream or guac on the side let them know you don't want it. This is all what I do :) Or I'll have a chicken taco with just cheese. Though if they had shredded beef I would also suggest that, but not ground beef. I find ground beef at mexican restaurants to not have as much flavor or be too salty.

Oh and be sure to find out if they mix stuff in with the meat before deciding what to do, some places it won't be just chicken or just beef it'll have onions, peppers etc mixed in. You can also do just a cheese quesadilla which is also always good, especially if you can do the salsa to add a bit more flavor. Of course none of this matters if they don't have a quesadilla on the menu but I would think/hope they would.

Oh, a quesadilla is GREAT idea! :thumbsup2 I'm good with onions and peppers, its the ooey gooey stuff (like sour cream and other ick) that makes me shudder. I'd feel MUCH better about ordering a quesadilla than a burger, so if they could simplify it down for me, I'd be a happy girl. Thanks for the recommendation!

I'm glad someone else has a guacamole phobia :blush:. Too green, too gooey!

Interestingly, you would probably be okay with a lot of authentic Mexican food. What gets served as Mexican in most of North America is much more Texas/Arizona/NM than Mexico; I would love to find a real Mexican restaurant around here. In Mexico, many of the authentic dishes have the spice served on the side, and you can dress it up as much or as little as you want. The pastries and breads at the Panderia are to die for, and they love their carnes. Although they are known for using ALL the bits of the livestock, so you might want to watch out for that... :rolleyes1

See, if every place served food that way, I'd never be nervous about trying new things.

I'll try not to think about what part of the cow might be present inside my quesadilla :rolleyes2. If I tell myself its only the finest cut of beef, I'm sure it will taste just fine :rolleyes:.

That muffin looks delicious. So do the strawberries. Yum!

While admittedly a simple breakfast, it really was quite good. Nice and fresh. And honestly, I enjoy having a lighter start so I can make the most of the dining plan for the balance of the day.

Thanks for the food pictures, Gina. We are also planning to get the all day dining at Seaworld when we go this fall. It's helpful to see what the breakfast looks like.

About Wonderland Cookie Dough...can you describe what it is like? Is it cold like ice cream? It is very sweet? Or is it smooth and more fridge temperature? I am tempted but afraid that it may be too hit-you-in-the-back-of-the-throat sweet. One their website, they have another location in NH. This is on the way to visit my Mom. we could make a road trip stop there. :)

I have quite a few pics of our SeaWorld indulgences, so definitely stay tuned. We tried to sample a variety of restaurants over our two days of all-day dining so I will hopefully be able to give you some good tips on how to maximize your value.

As for Wonderland Cookie Dough...I found it very rich and very sweet. @chiamarie , you could chime in here with your thoughts as well. There were lots of chocolate chips in mine, so while the cookie dough was smooth it was chunky at the same time. Room temperature, not frozen. A little goes a VERY long way ::yes::. You'll be wishing you had a glass of milk to wash it down.

Not to give too much away about our Wonderland experience, Steve wasn't a huge fan. He never did end up finishing his dish, and it found its way into our fridge at SVR.

Monday, May 7th: SeaWorld, continued

After breakfast, we decided to head over to Shark Encounter for another tour of one of our favorite exhibits, and to get our photos re-done at the magic photo kiosk. Neither one of us were wearing any shade of green today, so the pictures (which are taken on a green screen) should be able to turn out well :thumbsup2. Along the way to the Shark Wreck Reef area, we couldn't help but marvel at the gorgeous gardens that brought such color and beauty to the park :flower1::daisy::flower::rose:. They were simply stunning!

31964317_10156731514726416_2018960264950448128_n.jpg

While we didn't have the Shark Encounter attraction all to ourselves today (sheesh! :rolleyes:), it was still nice and quiet that early in the morning so we were able to tour again at a wonderfully relaxed pace. I could have stayed to watch these beauties swim for hours :fish:.

32104481_10156731514661416_879023022005026816_n.jpg

The sharks were nice and active as well, and we had a great view of them as they swam quietly overhead. There is just something unbelievably captivating about these great creatures, isn't there? Such quiet strength and power.

32149220_10156731540366416_8226188344208392192_n.jpg

I think the information on this display is so impressive and interesting......though I do remember thinking (on our very first visit to Seaworld back in 2012) that I wish this particular feature was at the beginning of the exhibit and not the end :crazy2:. Always that sense of "what would happen if this thing collapsed?" until you realize just how well built it is.

31948159_10156731540406416_6138763182413447168_n.jpg

As planned, we had stopped and had our pictures taken at the photo kiosk, so we paused at the Photokey desk outside the Sharks exit to have our photos added to our account at the exit to the attraction. Some turned out better than others :rolleyes1 but hey, the photo crew was working with some tough subjects!! :crazy:

The first shot was a with a trio of killer whales:

32078666_10156731513061416_5799371091407273984_n.jpg

Next, we were feigning a little fear as we found ourselves inside a shark's mouth:

32074049_10156731512926416_3485140573705207808_n.jpg

We took a "ride" on Mako (and this virtual image will be the closest I ever get to sitting on that coaster......that, I can assure you! :rotfl:):

31948910_10156731513006416_417797685362294784_n.jpg

...and this photo background, promoting the new Kraken: Unleashed VR upgrade, was new since our most recent visit. It didn't turn out to be the most becoming picture of us, but the concept was kind of cool.

32105048_10156731513206416_4761473861868847104_n.jpg

We were able to have a "close encounter" with a Mako shark:

32116863_10156731513316416_5911411712824705024_n.jpg

...and finally, there was this poorly placed photo with the Kraken :scratchin. In the photographer's defense, it's tough to pose two people who are so oppositely sized :laughing:.

32081600_10156731513386416_1946046799894544384_n.jpg

I love the fact that these are all included on the Photokey :thumbsup2. While SeaWorld doesn't have as many photo opportunities as Disney or Universal, their photo products have come a long way since our first visit 8 years ago.....and hopefully, they just keep improving as time goes on :).

With our photos successfully uploaded to our card, we stopped for a spell to watch the sharks and rays swim around the shark pool ... this is one of Steve's favorite places to relax and enjoy.

32095429_10156731540231416_8486548209424924672_n.jpg

The water was super clear so we could easily watch all the activity in the pool. Most folks in the park seemed to be in that early morning hurry to get to one place or another, so there wasn't another soul along the water's edge as we stopped to admire the animals swimming by.

32086679_10156731540311416_4494071083510530048_n.jpg

We hadn't been to Wild Arctic the day prior, so once we had our fill of the stingray performance, we headed through the shuttered Happy Harbor and found my beloved Sea Carousel closed as part of the preparation to convert the area to Sesame Street Land. Apparently, when we rode it the day prior, that was it's last day of operation :sad1:. Hopefully it will be re-purposed for the new kids area when it opens next year.....perhaps with SS characters versus sea creatures?

32116717_10156731514821416_144692818227494912_n.jpg

While the carousel was silent and tall walls blocked off much of the areas that had already been closed off to guests in the prior weeks, the stunning gardens were still able to bring much needed cheer to a part of the park that could easily have felt sad and eerie. After a long, cool and dreary spring in Michigan, the bright colors and lush greenery were as rejuvenating as a therapy session.

32089980_10156731514776416_6279505159009599488_n.jpg

More of our Monday yet to come......

Last edited:
Seaworld looks beautiful as always. I will miss it this year as we have the Disney 21 day tickets you can buy in the UK, so we will concentrate our efforts in WDW this vacation!!

I can't remember....were you guys planning a trip (or two) during the autumn months, before the snow flies? Probably a long shot, but if you happen to be there at the end of October, we'd love to set up a dinner date with you both :thumbsup2.

Sadly, our trip is planned from 9/27-10/6. Joe has a maintenance shutdown later in October. But.... my sister is planning an October trip with my mom and my others sister from Phoenix may join them so it's not out of the question that I may trek back down to Orlando for a couple of days (alone, though!). Not sure of her dates in October yet.

What's wrong with a burger from a Mexican place? It's really kind of like a solid taco. Right? ;)

Ordering a burger is never wrong! Put a little salsa on it and VOILA... Mexican!

Start planning a trip for that last week of October, and we'll make it a group Dismeet! :teeth:

Would love it!!

I just love your photokey pictures!! They are soo nice!! Is that the closest you got to the coaster?? :laughing: I know it's as close as I get!!

See, if every place served food that way, I'd never be nervous about trying new things.

I'll try not to think about what part of the cow might be present inside my quesadilla :rolleyes2. If I tell myself its only the finest cut of beef, I'm sure it will taste just fine :rolleyes:.
The only part of a cow that you'll find in most quesadillas is the milk (cheese or queso). If properly Mexican, it will come with a couple of little bowls of sauce on the side for dipping. Just remember that the green is usually much hotter than the red. Green most definitely does not mean GO in this context. Chicken is not unusual to add, beef less so. If they are putting gooey stuff inside it, then it's not a quesadilla anymore.

As for Wonderland Cookie Dough...I found it very rich and very sweet. @chiamarie , you could chime in here with your thoughts as well. There were lots of chocolate chips in mine, so while the cookie dough was smooth it was chunky at the same time. Room temperature, not frozen. A little goes a VERY long way ::yes::. You'll be wishing you had a glass of milk to wash it down.

Not to give too much away about our Wonderland experience, Steve wasn't a huge fan. He never did end up finishing his dish, and it found its way into our fridge at SVR.

That certainly helps me decide to skip the treat. Your pictures of your husband's meals are legendary. They influence us to try various restaurants, and if he wasn't impressed with the cookie dough, I bet it wasn't worth the calories.

We loved Wonderland. I'd say it's definitely worth a try. They do give out samples so you could always try those and see if it's too sweet for you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter