Grand Villa Comparisons Between Jambo and Kidani

JWhiz

Mouseketeer
At the risk of being repetitive, I wanted to post a question/discussion about the differences between the Grand Villas as the two AKL resorts. I'm not looking for a compare/contrast of the two resorts as I know there is plenty of that on this site. I'm looking more at the actual units.

While there are plenty of comments about some of the basics (Kidani's is two stories, Jambo's has a pool table, etc.), how does the quality of the two compare? Anybody that has stayed at both?

From the pics it looks like Jambo's GV is overall nicer in appearance. I prefer the two-level with the extra living area at Kidani, but I also really like the main room at the Jambo version which seems big and roomy. Not sure how I feel about the pool table in general, but it could be good. It feels like space that could be better spent. I like the larger dining table at Jambo's GV too.

In a weird way since I'm inviting a bunch of friends to use it, I would feel weird in the master bedroom since it and its bathroom are so huge while six people or so would be in the other two bedrooms.

Both GV versions have four bathrooms right?

Anything else I'm missing?

Last edited:
Look at the photos of the layouts.
Jambo House Grand Villa

Right, I've seen the layouts and a lot of photos, even though they are often mislabeled on the Internet. I understand the basic differences. I'm more looking for the anecdotal or intangible feelings that only first hand experience can bring.

Thanks for posting them side by side. Besides making it easier, I'm sure they will help any folks who look at this thread in the future.

It does appear that both villas have 4 bathrooms.

We are doing our first stay in a grand villa next summer, 7 of us at Jambo (4 adults/3 teens). We would also be interested in hearing from anyone who has stayed at both and maybe has some insight!

I'm actually surprised that they haven't taken that pool table "room" and converted it into a media room/4th bedroom (like the one they have at the GFV grand villa!)

If you have not yet watched YouTube presentations of the two units, go here for Jambo youtube.com/watch?v=RrGN_-7wfC0, and here for Kidani youtube.com/watch?v=31lNSVRzelc

Have stayed in Jambo's GV once. Considered it one of the best until I stayed in one at Kidani, and now I place them about equal. Total space is similar but the Jambo downstairs living room/dining room/kitchen room area feels more spacious. Jambo's advantages are having everything on one floor, very spacious balconies, and a large and somewhat hedonstic master bathroom with a television to watch while you are in the tub. The pool table room is an interesting and a nice touch, although I am not personally big on playing (others with me did). I was lucky enough to get the GV that is closest to the lobby on the Kudo trail side of the building (left wing of the U-shaped building) that overlooked Sunset savanna, and the savanna and animal view from there was first rate. Jambo amenties include the three restaurants (table service, buffet and counter service) which are all good, the larger pool with lots of areas to find shade, and the larger lobby and store. A Jambo disadavantage is parking -- it is in the the front, across a street from the lobby area, and you can end up in the back of the lot many times to find a space, which is a long way from the front entrance and room.

At Kidani, we took a risk in getting a GV by saving points and getting one of the two standard view GV's on Pembe savanna, which, despite that there are only two, are very often open at 7 months out during DVC's low to moderate demand season at WDW, which runs from the Monday after marathon weekend in Jan to late Sep. We had much lower expectations going in than what we had at Jambo, because we had previously also stayed in a single story GV and two-story GV at BWV and consider the single story to be significantly better than the two-story there. We were pleasantly surprised.

Despite being standard view, we still saw animals although not giraffes. The balconies are definitetly smaller than Jambo but you do get one long balcony running across the entire downstairs area. Most impressive is the living room with floor to ceiling viewing windows and the ceiling for the living room is at the top of the unit (thus, though Jambo living room area may have been somewhat larger, the feel in the Kidani living room is very spacious). The main entry to the rooms are actually on the fourth floor, one floor lower than Jambo. Best is the extra sleeping area, with a pull-out queen and TV, in the large alcove at the top of the stairs, particularly for our group since it allowed two to be in one of the bedrooms upstairs and two in the alcove area. The dining room table was round and smaller than Jambo's long table, but Kidani's had all chairs to sit in while Jambo has a backless bench along one of the two longer sides of the rectangular table. Parking was ideal -- below the building and the standard GV's are right by the Pumba elevator, which we could park near. Also ideal was the location of the w/d near the living room area, which I am actually comparing to BWV's two-story GV where the placement of the w/d must have been the idea of a complete idiot who had no idea about proper location -- at BWV the w/d is on the second floor at the end of the hallway right next to the location of the back bedroom so if used at late night or early morning, it can wake up kids. A downside was location in relation to amenities. The Kidani building is extremely long (about 2/3 of a mile) and the standard GV's are far from the lobby, leaving very long walks to lobby and bus station but not quite as long to the pool which is on the same north wing as the standard GV's. Kidani has only one table servoice restaurant, but it is very good. The pool is smaller than Jambo and has too many sitting areas in beaming sun, but has two factors better than Jambo -- the kids water play area, good for kids between 2 and 12, which is ideal and mostly shaded, and the bar area that has many tables to sit and have food or drink that are covered by the roof.

Last edited:
If you have not yet watched YouTube presentations of the two units, go here for Jambo youtube.com/watch?v=RrGN_-7wfC0, and here for Kidani youtube.com/watch?v=31lNSVRzelc.

Thanks. I went down a rabbit hole last night and did watch both of these. It's nice to see things better with your own eyes. I particularly liked the second one as it was twice as long as the first and spent more time showing some of the details.

We stayed in a grand villa at Kidani in April. We did not book this but had a big issue with one of our rooms and were moved there. An upgrade for us. We had never stayed at Kidani. I never wanted to. Could not picture having no easy fast food access, no real gift shop, and a tiny lobby. I am now trying to figure out how I can save enough points to do it again. LOVED it! Room was amazing. We walked into the room and saw the 2 story view. There were 8 of us. Loved the big round dining table. 4 baths. EVERYTHING.
Loved the underground parking, We were so close to our car. Even the walk to the pool was not what we expected. Enjoyed the pool as well. We did pick up breakfast from Sanaa most mornings. Could not have had a better stay. Enjoy whatever you decide to do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!