Grand Legacy Opinions Needed

Cal-Pie

DIS Veteran
Found a great rate here for a short upcoming trip. I've stayed many other places on Harbor, but this one was just too questionable for me when it was a Ramada. The website makes it look like all the rooms are now renovated, is that really the case? I'm looking at a 2Q deluxe room if that's relevant. Are the rooms clean? Is finding parking a pain? How's the pool? Looks like the breakfast is pretty lame, but that's typical for Harbor motels. Please share your experiences.

I haven't stayed at it since it became the Grand Legacy, but I stayed when it was the Ramada and it was fine. Very similar to all the others motels on Harbor I've stayed at. Clean, simple. We didn't park or use the pool.

I can’t remember if the deluxe rooms are the renovated ones in the tower or the regular rooms in the back of the property. I stayed in a regular room and it was fine. It is a standard motel. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. The AC worked fine... it’s a little loud. There is some noise from outside (people rolling suitcases down the walkways and such) but it was not too bad. They let me park my car before I checked in (and valeted it for me) so I could go to the parks until check in. It was a decent experience. I would stay there again if the price was right.

It was one of the places I researched a lot. Apparently there's a lot of noise from the rooftop bar they have. I also read some reviews about the rooms that concerned me. But you're going to get that anywhere.

I am booked to stay at the Grand Legacy in a couple of weeks, and I did a lot of research on this hotel. From what I have heard a few times if you stay in the main building that has the rooftop bar then it can be quite loud, but if you stay towards the back of the motel I think in some of the older rooms its quieter. I have a deluxe room and I know it wont be anything fancy but I will take fair and clean over noisy any day, plus its super close to the park and the price I found was excellent. For the adults you also can't beat the perk of going to the roof top bar to have a drink and watch the fireworks. :)

I am booked to stay at the Grand Legacy in a couple of weeks, and I did a lot of research on this hotel. From what I have heard a few times if you stay in the main building that has the rooftop bar then it can be quite loud, but if you stay towards the back of the motel I think in some of the older rooms its quieter. I have a deluxe room and I know it wont be anything fancy but I will take fair and clean over noisy any day, plus its super close to the park and the price I found was excellent. For the adults you also can't beat the perk of going to the roof top bar to have a drink and watch the fireworks. :)
Please update after you stay. We are booked there in July and I just want an idea of what I've gotten myself into. We normally stay at one of the Best Westerns or Park Vue.

I stayed there about 3ish years ago when it was the Ramada.

It was absolutely fine. Nothing fancy, but we found it clean and quiet, had 0 issues. We were on the bottom floor to the right of the pool.
I remember the staff being polite.
We are staying there again on our upcoming trip in a few weeks. :)

Please update after you stay. We are booked there in July and I just want an idea of what I've gotten myself into. We normally stay at one of the Best Westerns or Park Vue.

You will be there before me, so unfortunately I'll be no help. After reading a few blog posts, I did decide to upgrade to a premier room so that I will be assured a room in the back building farthest east, away from the bar. It was only about $8/night more. I think we'll likely be in the parks quite late on this trip, so it might not matter anyway.

Please report back. Hope you have a great trip!

I stayed here last summer and have a 2nd trip planned for this July. The room was fine...nothing special but I don't remember having any complaints. We were in the building to the right (across from bar and front desk) about 1/2 way back. I never once heard the bar or people at the pool. My kids enjoyed the pool...not much but definitely better than some of the basic rectangle pools. Perfect for cooling off, but not the kind mine would choose to stay in all day eating up our park time. The breakfast is just a bag with a water bottle, cheesestick, apple and a granola bar and is the same every day. By the end of the week we had quite the stash of apples and granola bars, but at least its a little something to get you out the door. We also really enjoyed the places at the front of the hotel. There's a pizza place, jim boy tacos and Creamistry ice cream. All were good and convenient to grab on the way to the room. And most importantly....the walk is GREAT!

I stayed here last summer and have a 2nd trip planned for this July. The room was fine...nothing special but I don't remember having any complaints. We were in the building to the right (across from bar and front desk) about 1/2 way back. I never once heard the bar or people at the pool. My kids enjoyed the pool...not much but definitely better than some of the basic rectangle pools. Perfect for cooling off, but not the kind mine would choose to stay in all day eating up our park time. The breakfast is just a bag with a water bottle, cheesestick, apple and a granola bar and is the same every day. By the end of the week we had quite the stash of apples and granola bars, but at least its a little something to get you out the door. We also really enjoyed the places at the front of the hotel. There's a pizza place, jim boy tacos and Creamistry ice cream. All were good and convenient to grab on the way to the room. And most importantly....the walk is GREAT!
That’s good to hear.

People have complained about the noise there in the past. I've heard the roof top bar is pretty loud at night. Also about the state of some of the rooms but I cannot recall how long ago. But if the rate is really good you might want to give it a try. The location really is nice.

We are staying there for our girls' trip in June, and are pretty excited about it, given the fact that the last time the girls went we stayed at the ABYSMAL Ramada Maingate and paid more for it. At the time I had a Sig AP, so parking in the parks wasn't an issue monetarily, but I don't have that now, so walking distance is definitely a must.

We just stayed in the first part of April and we had no complaints. The noise from the bar was a none issue for us. It is loud but the band stopped playing at midnight. We didn’t park but it looked to be a bit of a pain. We have stayed at a lot of hotels on Harbor and this place is comparable.

For anyone who has a booked room at Grand Legacy...check the current rates. They have an "early bird" rate now that is better than when I booked many months ago. I ended up upgrading to the premier room for the same cost as my original reservation. Just call the front desk...they are super helpful!

We've stayed there many times from when it was still Ramada and as recently as last November. The rooms are clean. I have heard that rooms under the bar can be loud, but have never stayed in that building. One of our last stays there, the fridge shorted out, but they had someone come up right away and switched it out with a different one. We've always had good stays there.

I'm here right now! We are in a premier room a the back of the property. Parking is very tight as a lot of the lot is blocked off by construction containers or valet. Valet is free. Beware that your $15 parking fee is one good until 4:00pm on day of checkout. After that, it costs $25+tax if they have room. I'm kinda ticked because I didn't know that ahead of time and now we will have to move our car.

The room is a decent size with two queens, two chairs and a small table in front of the very cold AC unit. The beds seem comfortable and fairly new. The bathroom is a good size, as is the vanity. I can hear everything happening outside the room, it's not very well insulated. All in all, an average Harbor motel room.

But I'm still ticked about the extra parking fee.

We stayed here late last year. Our room (deluxe?) seemed a bit small but fine. I had read the reviews about breakfast so we brought our own. We stay in the parks late so the noise at the lounge never bothered us. The food options there are convenient but do close early (10-11), even when the parks are open until midnight. We can usually stay closer to the crosswalk for less but would definitely consider staying here again if they had the best price for our dates.

We stay at The Anaheim across the road from GL. Every night going back to our hotel you can hear the noise from their rooftop bar.

Just a quick update...My stay was for one night on Saturday, May 5 in a premier room. Just after I wrote the previous post, raw sewage backed up into our sinks...three times. It was disgusting...the smell was horrendous. I called the front desk and they quickly sent the maintenance person. He told us he didn't know why it happened, but the "acid" he put in the sink should fix it. Not feeling very reassured at this point. All in all, we stood outside our room for about 45 minutes. It was a huge hassle as this happened around 10pm. I then found a dirty sock under the bed. Just not ok. My experience with the front desk that followed was not a positive one. Excuses and no apology. They only offered to move me to the 4th floor with no assistance...no thank you, I'll take my chances, I guess. I asked to have the parking fee waived and parking for the entire next day. The employee told me he wasn't able to waive the $25 all day fee..what? So I asked to speak to the supervisor. He gave me a card and told me to call the next day. What? Another inconvenience? Finally, another gal came along and told him to just waive the fee. I walked away in disgust. Literally, disgusted. Upon checkout, I reiterated my experience to the front desk supervisor, who finally apologized but didn't offer me any compensation and I was tired of talking about it. Just crappy customer service. I won't return and I would NEVER recommend this hotel to anyone. Hopefully, my experience was a "one off" - but somehow, I doubt it.

just for reference, the walls are thin and floors thinner. We heard every (EVERY) movement in the room above us, as well as outside our door. There are better choices on Harbor!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter