Grand Floridian walkway?

DVCsloth

DIS Veteran
Safe to say the walking path to the Grand Floridian will be delayed as well as most construction projects?

I was wondering if there was any word about how far along the walkway project was?

I read an article that It all depends on who is overseeing it, For example, the parking lot construction near MK is still going on and the removal of an overpass near HS is also still occurring.

Not sure about the walkway, thoth.

In early February, the swing bridge looked complete, but the area between it and the MK entrance was completely torn up as they were removing the paving stones and it looked like they were re-terracing the slope up to the monorail, too. On both sides, there was no "approach" to the bridge, to bring the height of the walkway up to the height of the bridge.

With the halt of all construction projects, I wouldn't count on this being opened until late in 2020.

Yeah, not counting on it for our September trip. Not all that important though in the big picture. Mostly planning on using it returning to the Villas and avoiding the lines for transportation back to the resorts.

Does anyone has the actual distance? 1/2 mile 1/4 mile - longer or shorter ????

From Villas to security checkpoint about 3/4 of a mile. Roughly same distance as BoardWalk to Hollywood Studios.

Does anyone has the actual distance? 1/2 mile 1/4 mile - longer or shorter ????

Measurements I am getting indicate about .8 mile from front of VGF to MK gate, less from main GF building. That distance puts it in the same range as the walk from BWV (starting from lobby) to Studios, and though a little long, it looks like a truly pleasant walk, much of it looking out over the Seven Seas Lagoon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!