Grand Floridian Villas Question

Honestly, I probably only want to stay once or twice. Not really own there. My family prefers other locations more.

In that case, you should be fine buying elsewhere for your home resort, and either using points at VGF at 7mo or booking a cash room at the hotel itself if you see a good deal or just want to try it out. Although - be forewarned - I didn't expect to like it as much as I did, and it is probably our family's favorite resort. Which is why I suggested, if the timing works out, staying there once before buying in in case you end up loving it. VGF is relatively affordable right now because prices haven't gone up as much as many other resorts.

Honestly, I probably only want to stay once or twice. Not really own there. My family prefers other locations more.

Then it is possible to book there with other resort points as several others have mentioned. When you plan to go will make a difference in the ease of it but it is possible. And if you wouldn't get it right at 7 months the waitlists can work so I recommend trying that as well.

I think you somewhat answered your own question here . Buying at VGF to stay somewhere else is going to be a $$$ loser almost EVERY time. We just came back from an October VGF trip we moved at 7 months (BLT to VGF 2br std). This was my 4th try. So i guess if your wife is okay stay at GF every 4 years...I'd say buy the cheapest resort that makes you happy and enjoy the "upgrade" when you can get it.

Where exactly do you guys wanna stay? If BCV..buy there!!!!! If BWV during F&W buy there. If BRV for December visits...buy there. If you are okay with with SSR then start from there. If not.....go up until you hit the resort you are happy with.

My wife and I will be staying in Feb 18 for a few days by ourselves. First time for us at GF and looking forward to it.

I think you somewhat answered your own question here . Buying at VGF to stay somewhere else is going to be a $$$ loser almost EVERY time. We just came back from an October VGF trip we moved at 7 months (BLT to VGF 2br std). This was my 4th try. So i guess if your wife is okay stay at GF every 4 years...I'd say buy the cheapest resort that makes you happy and enjoy the "upgrade" when you can get it.

Where exactly do you guys wanna stay? If BCV..buy there!!!!! If BWV during F&W buy there. If BRV for December visits...buy there. If you are okay with with SSR then start from there. If not.....go up until you hit the resort you are happy with.

Not that easy if we buy direct. We really are not leaning towards resale.

Not that easy if we buy direct. We really are not leaning towards resale.
Wait, are you thinking of buying direct at CCV or Poly? (and if so, is CCV or Poly where you really want to stay most of the time?) Or are you talking about buying direct at VGF?

Does staying in a standard room for a week at the Grand Floridian have the same appeal as staying in the main building? ...

one thing my wife wants more than anything is to stay at GF.

OK so it sounds like you are really asking if staying at the villas feels like staying in the normal rooms. Is that right?

It's a totally different building, and the villa building is very nice, but it doesn't have the same huge feel as the main building. I have NO idea what the rooms in the main building are like. Have you looked at pictures of those rooms vs the villas to get an idea?

I would buy the DVC that works for you, then perhaps book a stay at both the normal hotel and, when you can, the villas, to see.

But if this question has to be answered before you buy, then...delay buying.

OK so it sounds like you are really asking if staying at the villas feels like staying in the normal rooms. Is that right?

It's a totally different building, and the villa building is very nice, but it doesn't have the same huge feel as the main building. I have NO idea what the rooms in the main building are like. Have you looked at pictures of those rooms vs the villas to get an idea?

I would buy the DVC that works for you, then perhaps book a stay at both the normal hotel and, when you can, the villas, to see.

But if this question has to be answered before you buy, then...delay buying.

BINGO!! :)

Yes, I have looked at photos and to me it is like an apples and oranges comparison. Of course, I was also taking into consideration that my opinion could be wrong.

We are really leaning towards the new Wilderness Lodge contract. The question is not really about where as much as how many points.... but truly, I think we have it figured out at this point.
If we get to stay at VCF that is great, if not, we are happy with our home resort. We will be pulling the trigger this week and could not be more excited.

We own both, VGF is an upscale stay, BRV is a relaxed woodsy stay. Both are used for our MK rotation, we are at BRV for the holidays.

:earsboy: Bill

BINGO!! :)

Yes, I have looked at photos and to me it is like an apples and oranges comparison. Of course, I was also taking into consideration that my opinion could be wrong.

We are really leaning towards the new Wilderness Lodge contract. The question is not really about where as much as how many points.... but truly, I think we have it figured out at this point.
If we get to stay at VCF that is great, if not, we are happy with our home resort. We will be pulling the trigger this week and could not be more excited.

I've stayed at both, and I like the villas better. I like the relaxed feel of checking in at a concierge desk and being a little set off from the main grounds. I also liked being closer to the waterslide pool and the kids' play area. I also felt like the furnishings at the villas were more updated and nicer than those in the hotel. The bathrooms, even in the studios, which don't have the standalone tub, are much nicer than those in the hotel.

Depending on your age, the end of a VGF contract is much longer than a BRV contract. 2042 vs. 2064. So that might be something to take into consideration.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!