Grand Floridian room question

Tig

Earning My Ears
Saw the great deals they will be having for the Jan/Feb month and I was wondering what kind of room would I get if I got the 209.00 garden view at the GF????

We usually stay at the WL now and I have always wanted to stay at the GF, and am seriously thinking about it. I just wanna get an idea as to what I will be paying for, and if it is a good view, and a great room.

Also, is the resort really spread out..will you have to walk alot to get to the main building with one of these 200.00 rooms?

Thank you so very much for any help.

You'll get a great room at that great rate. Gardenview rooms are the same size as lagoon view rooms....big compared to WL. They look out on beautiful grounds.

We don't find it too spread out at all. We prefer walking between buidings enjoying the landscape at GF and the Poly as opposed to walking down long halls but that's just us.

I think you'll love it if you try it. Have fun!

We just returned last night from our first stay at the Grand Floridian! It is a beautiful hotel - and the Christmas tree was absolutely gorgeous!! We had the December special - $199/nite and we LOVED our room location! We were in Conch Key - Room 7217! Our balcony overlooked the water and we could see the monorail go by. Also, you could see the MK fireworks!! We had a great stay - and it was not a far walk to the rooms. The room had an "Alice in Wonderland" theme - it was very spacious! (Also, our room was ready when we checked in around 10:00 AM!!)

Thanks for all the help.

So basically, the garden view rooms are bigger than the rooms at the WL???? I have stayed at many resorts, and it seems to me that the rooms at the WL are quite small. Is that just me?

I stayed at the Grand Floridian in January 2002 and had a $99.00 per/nt. rate. It was a dormer room in Big Pine Key overlooking the pool. It was absolutely beautiful. Also, I don't think any of the rooms are far from the main building. You also have the option of taking a water launch to the Magic Kingdom.

Originally posted by Tig
Thanks for all the help.

So basically, the garden view rooms are bigger than the rooms at the WL???? I have stayed at many resorts, and it seems to me that the rooms at the WL are quite small. Is that just me?

Yes, the Grand's standard rooms are larger than the Wilderness Lodge's standard rooms...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter