Grand Floridian Outer Bldg Club Level

jbehr12

DIS Veteran
So we just booked our next trip for August ‘19 at the GF for 8 days, only $423/night! Since the price was so reasonable we decided to upgrade to Club Level outer bldg since it was only $500/night... can anyone give me their experience with GF club level?

Worth the extra price tag? Good food/drink selection? The main building Club Level was an extra $160, is the outer building much worse?

Sorry for so many questions but I have 0 experience booking club level anywhere! Thanks!!

Both buildings have the same food and drink offerings. The main building has the ambiance that SL is lacking. We have enjoyed both locations regardless. SL is very convenient to the courtyard pool and Gasparilla grill( quick service) You could easily grab a snack or drink and bring outside. In the main building you have to get through the lobby and take the elevator up to the lounge. A little less convenient. However, I really enjoy the live music in the lobby that you can listen to from the lounge in the main building. Is this worth an extra $60 a night over SL??? That really depends on what your likes and dislikes are. I personally love the main building and if we can afford to stay, we do. I think you will enjoy whatever you decide!

In my personal opinion, the Royal Palm Club is worth the extra money. I think the lounge is beautiful, very spacious, and overlooks the main lobby, where you can sit and listen to music as you enjoy a drink or eat your food. As lala mentioned, the food is the same in both lounges, so you are not missing out on better offerings by staying in Sugar Loaf. The biggest difference, to me, is the lounge is a lot smaller in Sugar loaf, And you are outside in a separate building. But, with that being said, the positive about SL is lounge is it’s right by the pool, where you can run in and run out if you want to grab a quick snack or drink. I always advise people to watch videos on YouTube because it really helps. Good luck deciding!

Thanks for all the great advice! I’m more about the food and convenience for price, and since offerings are the same I think SL is the best choice for me. I have some money to spend but I’m far from rich so I think this is the best value while not going crazy. I’m lucky to be going to the GF at all!!

In my personal opinion, the Royal Palm Club is worth the extra money. I think the lounge is beautiful, very spacious, and overlooks the main lobby, where you can sit and listen to music as you enjoy a drink or eat your food. As lala mentioned, the food is the same in both lounges, so you are not missing out on better offerings by staying in Sugar Loaf. The biggest difference, to me, is the lounge is a lot smaller in Sugar loaf, And you are outside in a separate building. But, with that being said, the positive about SL is lounge is it’s right by the pool, where you can run in and run out if you want to grab a quick snack or drink. I always advise people to watch videos on YouTube because it really helps. Good luck deciding!

I agree ;)

I’m more about the food and convenience for price, and since offerings are the same I think SL is the best choice for me. I have some money to spend but I’m far from rich so I think this is the best value while not going crazy. I’m lucky to be going to the GF at all!!

The GF is an amazing resort, you're going to love it! Hope you have a great trip :wizard:.

Thanks for all the great advice! I’m more about the food and convenience for price, and since offerings are the same I think SL is the best choice for me. I have some money to spend but I’m far from rich so I think this is the best value while not going crazy. I’m lucky to be going to the GF at all!!

I completely agree. We stayed for the first time last November and two weeks later we bought DVC there lol It’s so beautiful, you’ll love it. Enjoy your trip!

Enjoy your trip! I will warn you, club level is addictive. Starting at GF may be even more dangerous, LOL!

We LOVE SL and often choose it rather than RPC. We do like the convenience of SL with its proximity to the boat dock, courtyard pool and Gasparilla's Grille. Also, as you say, the price is much better than CL in the main building so the value is good.

I agree that the ambience of the RPC lounge is MUCH NICER. Also, views from your balcony can be better in RPC. If you plan on spending any amount of time relaxing in the CL lounge, it is 'worth' the price, IMO. Which is right for you really depends upon your plans for your trip. Is it more on the go and theme park oriented, or do you plan more extensive resort time? Do you like to get up, grab a quick bite and be off? Or would you prefer to relax over a leisurely breakfast? These are the sorts of factors that influence our decision (in addition to price, of course).

If the actual food offerings are the appeal of CL then I expect that you will love the convenience and value of SL! Be sure to try the strawberry soup, if offered, and the afternoon tea including warm scones with cream and jam.

Enjoy!

I’ve stayed in Sugar Loaf but not the main building. We loved our stay. Our room looked out onto the club lounge (basically the building foyer) and it was blissfully easy to pop down from our room to get refreshments and snacks. The food choice is great, and we particularly enjoyed the afternoon tea - much of what is served is also served at the afternoon tea in the Grand Floridian lobby (I forget the name of the restaurant). Definitely try to plan your days around the food offerings so you can make the most of the club level extras - we’d grab breakfast, and make sure to head back for the afternoon tea in the afternoon. Then we’d go for a swim, or go out to the parks for a bit, and come back for the evening appetisers/ desserts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter