Grand Floridian for twice the cost?

Would you pay double the money to stay at the Grand Floridian over POR?

• Yes, I would pick the Grand Floridian

Votes: 17 27.4%
  • No, I would pick Port Orleans Riverside

Votes: 45 72.6%

• Total voters
Twice as much could be $150/$300 or $250/$500 etc. and that can be a big factor. GF is our families favorite resort, but no way would I say it's worth, $500 compared to $250. But, we like to go regularly and for families that just go every few years it may be worth it if their budget allows. When we stay at a deluxe we know we are splurging and not because we think they are "worth" the difference. Have you looked at a split stay?

Last edited:
I just got back from my 1st stay at the GF. It was a beautiful resort and the monorail service was great to MK. The bus system was really good to the other parks.

The big issue for me was how long it took to get to EPCOT. Taking the monorail around to the TTC takes a while and then getting off and transferring to an EPCOT monorail takes a while. I think it took me 40-50min to get to EPCOT from GF. I ended up taking a taxi home. Much cheaper and quicker.

I really like the ideas from the previous posters about staying at a moderate and getting a Minnie Van when needed.

We went with my 15 month old son and 3 year old daughter last year and stayed at the Contemporary. We thought it would make the most sense with nap time etc, especially since you can walk back and forth to the Contemporary so you're never dealing with broken monorail/wait/crowds/etc. The Grand Floridian is only 1 stop away from MK when you are going but it's the 4th stop on the way back so not the speediest option.

If you are looking at GF I would check out the Contemporary. Or better yet, rent DVC for Bay Lake Tower!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!