Grand Floridian dates already in waitlist status

surely DVc wil declare more inventory as they sell more points so availability will be a moving target for at least the next few months.

While i agree that logically this resort will be difficult at 7 months I think it is way too early to draw conclusions. It is new, not fully declared and a bit hyped at the moment.

Compare it to VGC, small very popular resort, which does have rooms available at 7 months. I have friends who were there for christmas lasy year who are not owners there.

Would i expect non owners to get availability in the first year at the most popular weeks of the year, no probably not but i would expect to get in sometimes as time goes on.

75% of the points were declared with the first declaration so it may be awhile before more are declared. I also suspect that all of the fixed week points were declared but not all of them have been sold. At least for the first part of sales/opening we may get villas opened up for use as the nonsold fixed weeks get closer.

First week of Dec is the highest DVC demand week of the year; second week of Dec is the third highest demand week of the year (Dec 23 to Jan 2 is second). Anyone expecting to get VGF at 7 months out at those times is probably engaging in wishful thinking. It is already near impossible to get any of the near park resorts at 7 months our during those times and VGF is not likely to be different.

This is exactly why I opted for a December fixed-week lake view studio.

I'm confused. I thought GFV DVC owners could not start booking at GFV until Jun 19 and then the other DVC members could start booking at GFV Jun 23. How can there be a waitlist for dates already?

I'm confused. I thought GFV DVC owners could not start booking at GFV until Jun 19 and then the other DVC members could start booking at GFV Jun 23. How can there be a waitlist for dates already?

GFV owners were allowed to start booking on May 23rd. The only people who can purchase GFV until June 19th are current DVC members. Those people are already booking there rooms for the next 11 months. New DVC members who will be purchasing will have the window of time from June 19th till June 23rd to make reservations for the fall and January before non GFV DVC owners.

How will they handle the Easter fixed week...do the points go up or stay flat and you just luck out?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter