Grand Floridian Alice in wonderland splash pad

christmasmagic

Mouseketeer
For some reason I’m struggling to find this answer that seems easy- is there a height or age restriction to the Alice in wonderland splash area. If so, is it strickly enforced if the kids are playing nice? My daughter will be 6 and this play area is the kind of thing she loves. She has anxiety so bigger slides aren’t for her. But she’ll be really upset to see it and not be able to play on it. Thanks so much!

I’m sure there is a sign posted with height restrictions however my daughter is 8 and on the smaller side and uses all the splash areas without question. She plays nicely and obeys the rules so nobody notices

For some reason I’m struggling to find this answer that seems easy- is there a height or age restriction to the Alice in wonderland splash area.

Under 48".

If so, is it strickly enforced if the kids are playing nice?

Depends on the lifeguard. I've seen some be sticklers and measure anyone close and seen some not care.

My DD (just turned 7 at the time) was just a little over the height requirement, and there was not a single other kid there, and the lifeguard wouldn't let her play.

She has been allowed to play at the splash pad at Poly (last trip she had just turned 9 and she's tall for her age) but they told the taller kids to stay off the slides.

Hm. I guess I’m just use to local play areas.

My kids are still young but this is good to know for whenever we get back to Disney.

I would think you wouldn’t have to question a kid using a splash area until maybe 12 years old.
12 seems a big old; these days, a kid who is 12 probably wouldn't be "caught dead" near a playscape. I would say eight at best(if short) probably 7 and under. For safety reasons, too tall for the slides. Water playscapes great for preschool, kindergarten.

I am not a fan of this policy. I have a 9 year old that is not a swimmer. He still loves the splash pad . We will be staying at the Wilderness Lodge this fall and it seems he should be able to play with his younger siblings. The Shades of Green Splash Pad has a 12 and under policy.

I wonder how a 14 year playing with a 3 year sibling would be viewed? I as a grandma, can see me saying, I'll sit here and watch, can you take your little sister over to the splash pad.

I understand older kids running playing tag, taking over the slides , etc, could be an issue, but this would be more child care type play.

For some reason I’m struggling to find this answer that seems easy- is there a height or age restriction to the Alice in wonderland splash area. If so, is it strickly enforced if the kids are playing nice? My daughter will be 6 and this play area is the kind of thing she loves. She has anxiety so bigger slides aren’t for her. But she’ll be really upset to see it and not be able to play on it. Thanks so much!

No worries. She will be fine. It's a very big splash pad area. We went last April spring break and I barely saw anyone in there. She won't have any issue playing on there at 6 I am sure.

I am not a fan of this policy. I have a 9 year old that is not a swimmer. He still loves the splash pad . We will be staying at the Wilderness Lodge this fall and it seems he should be able to play with his younger siblings. The Shades of Green Splash Pad has a 12 and under policy.

Hmm. The policy at the new splash pad at Port Orleans FQ says 48 inches and under. Interesting that some have a 12 and under. Which is good though, because my older child (above 48 inches) wants to play with the younger child at the Splash pad.

The majority of big kids play way too rough for the little ones(of course not all, but a lot do). This is a good policy.

I don't want to be the bearer of bad news, but WL is the one resort where I've seen the strictest enforcement of the max height. We had a trip where DS was over and DD was under (they are 4 years apart) and there was no playing together. While inconvenient as me and DW had to split up a lot, I was fine with it as the WL splash pad is a pretty small area (smaller than some other resorts) and my DS didn't need to be in there with little ones anyway.

They've been more lenient at Poly except on the small slide (Poly's splash pad is frankly too large/big/deep for some little ones!) and mostly been OK playing together at GF. On the whole (aside from WL), I've found most lifeguards are reasonable but do step in for rough-housing or similar.

YMMV of course.

Oh I know, I just way saying it seems like it should be fine . As in, that would be logical but I am aware of the rules. It's just unfortunate.

I don't want to be the bearer of bad news, but WL is the one resort where I've seen the strictest enforcement of the max height. We had a trip where DS was over and DD was under (they are 4 years apart) and there was no playing together. While inconvenient as me and DW had to split up a lot, I was fine with it as the WL splash pad is a pretty small area (smaller than some other resorts) and my DS didn't need to be in there with little ones anyway.

They've been more lenient at Poly except on the small slide (Poly's splash pad is frankly too large/big/deep for some little ones!) and mostly been OK playing together at GF. On the whole (aside from WL), I've found most lifeguards are reasonable but do step in for rough-housing or similar.

YMMV of course.

Thank you! This is great to know!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter