Grand Cayman beach day....suggestions?

MAGICX2

DIS Veteran
We would like to do a chill beach day while at Grand Cayman on our 7 night Western in just a few weeks. (Me, hubs, 17yo, 15yo and 3yo) I am debating between 7 Mile Beach and Rum Point. A cabana at Royal Palm is out because they are sold out. Pros and Cons of each? Best things to do at each? Getting to 7 Mile is easy via taxi, but what is the best way to get to Rum Point?

I can't help with Rum Point but you are right, getting to Royal Palms is easy. We enjoyed our visit there, not really doing anything special, but relaxing on the beach.

We LOVE rum point! It is a ride on a catamaran for about 45 minutes, but when you get there is worth the trip. There is a restaurant and bar on the island, a gift shop, hammocks on the beach. Very peaceful and relaxing!

We LOVE rum point! It is a ride on a catamaran for about 45 minutes, but when you get there is worth the trip. There is a restaurant and bar on the island, a gift shop, hammocks on the beach. Very peaceful and relaxing!
How do we book the catamaran? Do we need to reserve ahead of time?

You don't need a cabana at Royal Palms to enjoy the beach (but keep checking for cancellations). Trust me, it's very nice and worth it.

For those who have been to Rum Point - can you buy bottled water there? Since you can't bring outside food, were there good options for lunch there? Did you have any concerns about the quality of the food? In videos I have watched of other Caribbean stops, some of the food did not look appetizing at all and I don't want to get stuck there with my family and not feel like we can eat due to safety/quality concerns.

For those who have been to Rum Point - can you buy bottled water there? Since you can't bring outside food, were there good options for lunch there? Did you have any concerns about the quality of the food? In videos I have watched of other Caribbean stops, some of the food did not look appetizing at all and I don't want to get stuck there with my family and not feel like we can eat due to safety/quality concerns.
You don’t have to worry about the food or water on Grand Cayman at all. It is a very “upscale,” developed island and has the best food I have ever eaten on vacation! The water is 100% safe to drink, and the food is every bit as safe as it is in the USA.

You don’t have to worry about the food or water on Grand Cayman at all. It is a very “upscale,” developed island and has the best food I have ever eaten on vacation! The water is 100% safe to drink, and the food is every bit as safe as it is in the USA.

Great! Thank you for taking the time to respond.

You don't need a cabana at Royal Palms to enjoy the beach (but keep checking for cancellations). Trust me, it's very nice and worth it.

How crowded does Royal Palms get? We are the last ship in to port so we are wondering if there will still be chairs left if we don't get there until noon.

How crowded does Royal Palms get? We are the last ship in to port so we are wondering if there will still be chairs left if we don't get there until noon.

I wouldn't worry too much. I think they can handle a big crowd. And as you are coming, some guests could be leaving.

But keep checking for availability. A cabana might show up at some point.

I wouldn't worry too much. I think they can handle a big crowd. And as you are coming, some guests could be leaving.

But keep checking for availability. A cabana might show up at some point.

Thanks! We are hoping it will be ok. Hopefully we can ask about availability before handing over the entry fee.

Sorry to (mildly) necro this thread, but I am in the same situation. Trying to decide between Royal Palms w/oceanfront cabana (not a Port Adventure), Rum Point Beach Getaway Port Adventure or White House Beach Getaway w/Lunch Port Adventure.

• For the Royal Palm, it'd be a round-trip cab ride, plus the cabana cost ($300) plus food. I'll just say $500 all in for now. Probably our quickest commute, but also the most crowded, I am guessing?

• For Rum Point, it'd be $444 to buy the Port Adventure for the six of us. Most isolated, but it sounds like it's a long commute there and back. Not sure if the catamaran time is worth giving up beach time. Also, I've read that this beach is far less rocky that SMB?

• White House w/lunch would be $594 to buy the Port Adventure for the six of us. The most expensive, but maybe the happy medium between crowds and travel time? The White House PA without lunch is $39 cheaper per person. That's a pretty pricey upcharge for lunch. Is it worth the $39? I've been disappointed with PA included lunches before.
Did I get most of that right? Anything I am overlooking about any of the venues?

Thanks!

We would like to do a chill beach day while at Grand Cayman on our 7 night Western in just a few weeks. (Me, hubs, 17yo, 15yo and 3yo) I am debating between 7 Mile Beach and Rum Point. A cabana at Royal Palm is out because they are sold out. Pros and Cons of each? Best things to do at each? Getting to 7 Mile is easy via taxi, but what is the best way to get to Rum Point?
We went to Rum Point in 2016. Bus and then Catamaran to a very secluded, quiet beach. Loved it, but the food included was not very good, so I recommend just getting something from the bar&grill place there.

Sorry to (mildly) necro this thread, but I am in the same situation. Trying to decide between Royal Palms w/oceanfront cabana (not a Port Adventure), Rum Point Beach Getaway Port Adventure or White House Beach Getaway w/Lunch Port Adventure.

• For the Royal Palm, it'd be a round-trip cab ride, plus the cabana cost ($300) plus food. I'll just say $500 all in for now. Probably our quickest commute, but also the most crowded, I am guessing?

• For Rum Point, it'd be $444 to buy the Port Adventure for the six of us. Most isolated, but it sounds like it's a long commute there and back. Not sure if the catamaran time is worth giving up beach time. Also, I've read that this beach is far less rocky that SMB?

• White House w/lunch would be $594 to buy the Port Adventure for the six of us. The most expensive, but maybe the happy medium between crowds and travel time? The White House PA without lunch is $39 cheaper per person. That's a pretty pricey upcharge for lunch. Is it worth the $39? I've been disappointed with PA included lunches before.
Did I get most of that right? Anything I am overlooking about any of the venues?

Thanks!

Have you looked at reviews on TripAdvisor for the White House? Most are pretty bad. We did a Western a few years ago and I had thought about going there until I started reading reviews. I've seen mixed reviews on Royal Palm. We're doing another Western Jan 2020 and really disappointed in the beach options. Last time we ended up staying on the ship because our stingrays excursion got cancelled.

We did the Rum Point port adventure last December and the catamaran ride was my favorite part. Yes, it was a little long, but it was a beautiful, relaxing trip. We really enjoyed this excursion but we weren’t looking to swim so I can’t comment on the quality of the beach. Food was ok but not amazing. If you’re looking for more beach time and don’t think you’ll enjoy the catamaran this is probably not the excursion for you.

Have you looked at reviews on TripAdvisor for the White House?

I have. I believe it had an overall rating of 4/5.

There were some people who hated it, sure, but I’ll be honest - some of those people sounded like they had a screw loose. Unrealistic expectations, blaming the resort because they failed to research, sense of entitlement, etc.

I have no skin in the game re: White House, so I’m not defending it. I’m just saying those extreme negative reviews on Trip Advisor are usually at least a little unhinged.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter