Grand Cayman - Any beach/snorkeling walkable from port?

dskib

DIS Veteran
My hubby and son want to do a dolphin swim. I feel like that's almost a waste of a potential beautiful beach. So I'm trying to figure out a way to do both. I was thinking that maybe there would be some time after the dolphins to check out something close by? Thanks

Yeah right when you get off the ship onto the main street, make a left and there is a water sports place right there. Another one a bit further down. Let me see if i can find the names.

Looking on themap, pretty sure this is the place we did last time. But have been to 3 different ones, all good.

https://www.diversdown.net/

Last edited:
We stayed at the Marriott in Grand Cayman and had a direct view of the cruise ship anchored out in the ocean. If I remember correctly, there was a public beach directly to the left of the Marriott if you were looking at it from the ship. Actually, all of Seven Mile Beach is technically public, but in many spots, such as the Marriott, it is so cram-jammed with hotel-owned beach chairs that there is hardly any "free sand" at all. (In the below picture, there were WAY more chairs than that!!) If you look at this picture of the Marriott, you can see to the left there is more open sand and I feel like down there near those blue roofs was more of an open-access type beach with a bar/restaurant. http://cache.marriott.com/propertyi...olation=progressive-bilinear&downsize=*:423px

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter