Grand Californian Super Thread

I just wanted to give an update on Hearthstone Lounge offerings while Whitewater Snacks is closed. We just checked in last night. If I had not been doing my research here, I would have had no idea the quick serivce option was closed. Never notifed prior to arrival and was not mentioned at check in. I had read here there would be options in Hearthstone for breakfast. Just wanted to warn selection is severely limited. Had choice of a few muffins, premade fruit plates, some whole fruits, and yogurt parfaits. I just wanted to let people know what is being offered and unless you want breakfast buffet every morning, you would need to look elsewhere. They did have complementary coffee available.

This is highly disappointing. Storyteller's isn't open early enough to have a pre-park breakfast every day, and I would like something more substantial than muffins and fruit. I really didn't want to have to eat at Starbucks every morning but that looks like my only option for something more substantial.

Aby

Another month? I was hoping it would be open for our Dapper Day arrival. Where will we enter, then? I'm sure there were posts about this earlier but I have not kept up.

Hi All - does anyone know if non hotel guests are still able to enter the GCH through the DtD security check point? We have hotel reservations in December, but our friends are staying elsewhere. Are they able to meet us in the hearthstone Lounge for drinks? Or only if they have reservations at one of the restaurants? I have read conflicting information online, and thought maybe if someone had recently stayed would have some incite on the topic. Thanks!

Hi All - does anyone know if non hotel guests are still able to enter the GCH through the DtD security check point? We have hotel reservations in December, but our friends are staying elsewhere. Are they able to meet us in the hearthstone Lounge for drinks? Or only if they have reservations at one of the restaurants? I have read conflicting information online, and thought maybe if someone had recently stayed would have some incite on the topic. Thanks!

Yes...anyone can enter GCH from DTD or DCA at any time. Only restriction is entering through the front doors from the street for non GCH guests...they must go around through DTD.

Reactions: clr
So where are the security check points now? I'm staying at the Grand Californian. Will we go through security when we arrive to check in? Is there security entering CA Adventure from the Grand Californian? Is there security going from DTD into the escapade/parks main entrance? That would be so nice instead of going through security every time we leave our room to go to the park.

So where are the security check points now? I'm staying at the Grand Californian. Will we go through security when we arrive to check in? Is there security entering CA Adventure from the Grand Californian? Is there security going from DTD into the escapade/parks main entrance? That would be so nice instead of going through security every time we leave our room to go to the park.
There is no security check when you arrive at the hotel, GCH is not inside the security “envelope”

There are 2 security checkpoints:
  1. Leaving GCH to enter DTD
  2. Leaving GCH to enter DCA

All spaces in the Self Parking lot are available:
(self park is the far lot, the near lot is valet)
gch_selfpark.jpg

Only the key card exit to Disneyland Drive is blocked for construction.
(The key card exit seldom works, and is usually blocked by cones)
gch_selfpark2.jpg

Is there still an unloading zone for people (VGC) who are going to self-park?
I don't know about an unloading zone, but I don't see how it would be very helpful.
GCH rooms (and VGC in particular) are often only available at the 3PM checkin time (4PM for VGC), and I have waited for my villa past 6PM. I just assume the room is not ready and have Bell Services unload my car and store the luggage. Luggage carts are not available for guest use, which is typical of full-service hotels.

You may leave your car in front of the hotel while checking in, just let the valet know you plan on self-parking (valet might ask for your keys, in case your car needs to be moved).

I don't know about an unloading zone, but I don't see how it would be very helpful.
GCH rooms (and VGC in particular) are often only available at the 3PM checkin time (4PM for VGC), and I have waited for my villa past 6PM. I just assume the room is not ready and have Bell Services unload my car and store the luggage. Luggage carts are not available for guest use, which is typical of full-service hotels.

You may leave your car in front of the hotel while checking in, just let the valet know you plan on self-parking (valet might ask for your keys, in case your car needs to be moved).
Thanks! We'll actually be arriving late this trip, so our room should be ready. Usually you are right, we get there before our room is ready.

Is there still no online or pre check-in at VGC?

I just returned from GCH and have a few updates.

The pool bar construction is well underway. While the pools are open, there are jackhammers working during the day. If you rent a cabana, request #1 (1, 2, 3 face the Mariposa pool)

Photo from October 10
View attachment 358237

Concept Art
View attachment 358238

Yikes! I hope the jackhammering is done by the time we arrive in early November. I don’t mind some construction but super loud noise will definitely bother me while I’m trying to relax at the pool. I wonder if they ever allow use of the DL or PP pools in these instances?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!