Grand Californian Super Thread Updated 11/7/13

Discussion in 'Disneyland (California)' started by DmaxHawk, Feb 14, 2010.

1. wowsmom

wowsmom DIS Veteran

As of Friday, 9/14, no.

azdisneylover likes this.
  2. Disney_Alli

Disney_Alli DIS Veteran

As of an hour ago the port cochere is still under construction.

wowsmom and azdisneylover like this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. azdisneylover

azdisneylover DIS Veteran

Thank you wowsmom and Disney_Alli for a quick response. I wonder why this isn't posted on the website.

wowsmom likes this.
  5. Josh & Laila Harbour

Josh & Laila Harbour Earning My Ears

Hi everyone! Has anyone heard of the specific “grab-and-go” items the Hearthstone has available while White Water is down for refurb? One of our mornings during our trip (11/4-11/8) we need an early (6:15/6:30am) breakfast and, other than In-Room Dining, it seems like this will be our only option within the hotel. Curious on their expanded selection during this time as our daughter has a dairy allergy which complicates things a bit when the choices are slim! Thanks for your help!

6. Disney_Alli

Disney_Alli DIS Veteran

I'm not sure about at Hearthstone but Starbucks will also be open and should have stuff available.

7. sgrap

sgrap DIS Veteran

Another option is to place on online order with Von's and have it delivered to the hotel, and eat in your room. We always get yogurt, bagels, cream cheese, fruit, cereal . . . whatever easy breakfast items people want. Saves $ and time, and the bellhop will hold them (and refrigerate items as needed) until you arrive.

8. ParkHopper1

ParkHopper1 DIS Veteran

DTD Starbucks with a bunch of quick breakfast options opens at 5am and is just outside the GHC entrance to DTD.

9. CateinPhoenix

CateinPhoenix Mouseketeer

And if you have the Starbucks App you can do "To-Go" ordering. We ordered breakfast sandwiches every morning on our walk in. Very convenient!

10. ParkHopper1

ParkHopper1 DIS Veteran

Click “order” in the lobby of the Grand and usually times out perfect when your order hits the counter!

11. Disney_Alli

Disney_Alli DIS Veteran

Except if you live in Canada then despite your app knowing you're close to that store you can't mobile order... ask me how I know lol.

Mama_Cass likes this.
  12. Candycane83

Candycane83 DIS Veteran

Really? How come? Curious as I am from Canada and hoped this would work....

13. Disney_Alli

Disney_Alli DIS Veteran

I have absolutely no idea why it didn't work but all it would let me do was mobile order at my home store 22 hrs away...

14. sgrap

sgrap DIS Veteran

I think it might have to do with a zip code thing.

Candycane83 likes this.
  15. Disney_Alli

Disney_Alli DIS Veteran

I tried two trips in a row and couldn't do it. My friends from Virginia and North Carolina had no such issues and could do it every morning.

gottalovepluto and Candycane83 like this.
  16. Candycane83

Candycane83 DIS Veteran

Good to know! I guess we will still need to order at cash then!

17. sky13

sky13 DIS Veteran

Quick question - I'm currently booked at GCH (first on-site stay at Disneyland!) Standard View room in November.

Deliberating whether I should change it to a Courtyard/Woods View room for about $10 more per night. What I'd like is a room closer to the DCA entrance if possible, from the few images I've seen it seems that the Courtyard/Woods View rooms look closer, is this the case? Thanks!

18. Nickarooney

Nickarooney Mouseketeer

Some are, some aren't. It's our favorite room category though and the one we always book. We learned after our first trip to always request a room close to the Napa Rose elevators and it's always been granted. Our first stay was on the opposite side of the monorail courtyard and quite the walk to the lobby elevators. I think the view change is totally worth $10/night no matter where you end up though. Have a great trip!

sky13 likes this.
  19. Malcon10t

Malcon10t DIS Veteran

I would say it is worth it.

sky13 likes this.
  20. StarlitNight05

StarlitNight05 DIS Veteran

I agree with others that the upgrade to Courtyard/Woods is worth it, especially for $10 more a night. We had a courtyard/woods view room in August that was very close to the Napa Rose elevators. It made the entrance/exit from DCA very convenient. I loved being able to see the Monorail whizz by! It made our afternoon breaks pretty fun.

sky13 likes this.
  21. sky13

sky13 DIS Veteran

Thanks for the replies - just called to change my booking to a Courtyard/Woods view room (and it really was about $10/night extra - a little bit more with tax)!

Also, thanks for the tip about requesting a room close to the Napa Rose elevators. Can I also ask what's the best way of doing room requests? (I'm used to WDW and getting touring plans to fax in a room request, but not sure how best to do this at DL!)