Grand Californian Super Thread

Unless you specifically ask for a King, you should get 2 queens with 5 occupants. I think they have a couch which pulls into a single or twin with the remodel.

Maybe it was the room we had (standard view- are they smaller?) but I just had a 2 queen room this past weekend at GCH and while it did have a small sofa there was nowhere for it to pull out to as it was right across from of one of the beds. I didn't look closely but it did not appear to be one of the "flip down" ones they have in the DLH or PPH (and if it was it would only be big enough for a child to lay on it lengthwise).

I thought I had read something in this thread about this topic before but now I can only find the parking information. If we don't leave until 11:55pm on our checkout day can we continue to use hotel amenities until then? We would have a pool and/or Downtown Disney day but want to make sure we won't be kicked out of the pool area at checkout if we're not leaving for 9 more hours to head to the airport. Thanks!

...If we don't leave until 11:55pm on our checkout day can we continue to use hotel amenities until then? ...
You will be able to use the pool until it closes (9 or 10PM), but might need to get a new key issued (Guest Services or the Front Desk). GCH pool area does have bathrooms with showers.

Bell Services and parking (self or valet) will be available until you leave.

There have been conflicting reports about Concierge Lounge access after check out, some have said there is hard cutoff at 11AM while others have had continued access.

I need some advise. I booked the woods / courtyard view for December 21-27. When would be the best time to put room requests and what request should I make? I’m thinking I want to see the monorail and a king bed?

I need some advise. I booked the woods / courtyard view for December 21-27. When would be the best time to put room requests and what request should I make? I’m thinking I want to see the monorail and a king bed?
You can call and have the requests noted on your reservation anytime. They will stay in there and *hopefully* be noticed and honored by the room assigner. If you have a TA, tell them, and they will gladly do this for you.

I read that the White Water Snacks was going to be closing for refurbishment the end of Sept. Anyone know how long they expect it to be closed? I'm going the end of Oct.

A couple ways to bypass the thermostat (depending on type):
  1. Press and hold the F/C button on the left side of the thermostat. "BP" will display on the screen.
  2. Hold the temp down button and the system power button simultaneously. "BP" will display on the screen.
Please report back if either method works.
I have needed to try these tricks a few times, but usually the AC just stays on

Just wanted to follow-up. We actually got a balloon while in the park anyway and then I followed the instruction #1 as well and the BP displayed as expected. The first night trying it worked great. The next night I had to get up once but that was better than the night before we did anything. That night, it seemed like it was off until my wife would get out of bed to lower it and then it would magically turn on. We had to do that a few times. Thanks for the tip.

FYI - On our last day, the balloon was still in great shape and we couldn't take it on the plane so my daughter find a family outside the character breakfast at Storyteller's and offered it to them. Turns out they had bought one the day before which got lost, so they were very appreciative.

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this. Might make me rethink doing the DLH pools even when we are staying at the Grand... then again, the new pool bar at the DLH is supposed to have Dole Whips....

Does anyone know if the pools will be closed during construction of the new pool bar?

I'm wondering the same thing. Also thinking about construction noise and equipment...it's not necessarily the relaxing vibe I'm looking for.
We are there the second week of November-- I wonder when construction will start/finish on this project and how it will or won't impact guest enjoyment of the pools!

I'm wondering the same thing. Also thinking about construction noise and equipment...it's not necessarily the relaxing vibe I'm looking for.
We are there the second week of November-- I wonder when construction will start/finish on this project and how it will or won't impact guest enjoyment of the pools!

We will also be there that week. Hopefully it will be minimal. I really hope they don't close the pools.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter