Grand Californian Super Thread

I have had pre renovation 1BR w/2 full baths. Was basically two connect standard rooms with a bigger pass through door and second room was a living room rather than beds.

We also had a pre-renovation 1BR with 2 full baths. Last year, just after renovation, we got a 1BR with 1 bath. I asked the front desk about it and they swore up and down there was no way we ever had a 2 bath. But I'm positive we did, because I know for sure there were not two teenage boys sharing my bathroom!

A bit frustrated this morning. Today is our 60 day mark for the day we want to book a cabana but when we called the cm said they weren't booking them yet and to try again in a few days. I guess I have to repeat this wake up early and call exercise.

Does anyone know how quickly the cabanas are likely to fill in October?

A bit frustrated this morning. Today is our 60 day mark for the day we want to book a cabana but when we called the cm said they weren't booking them yet and to try again in a few days. I guess I have to repeat this wake up early and call exercise.

Does anyone know how quickly the cabanas are likely to fill in October?
They can go fairly quickly, can't speak to the Grand. Would you do a review of it? We always go to the DLH for cabana even when we are staying at the Grand. I'm curious to see your impressions of the ones at the Grand.

They can go fairly quickly, can't speak to the Grand. Would you do a review of it? We always go to the DLH for cabana even when we are staying at the Grand. I'm curious to see your impressions of the ones at the Grand.

If I can successfully book one sure!

We had a cabana last weekend. It was fantastic! I would do it again in a heartbeat. I didn't take many photos but I’ll try to do a write up this weekend.

We had a cabana last weekend. It was fantastic! I would do it again in a heartbeat. I didn't take many photos but I’ll try to do a write up this weekend.
Very interested. We have literally only done #2 at DLH. The Grand's seemed a bit far away from the pools.

Can you tell me when you booked it? How far in advance?

I booked it on June 22nd for Aug 12th, so 51 days in advance. When I called there were only a couple available.

Thanks. When I called this morning they were available to be booked so I can stop stressing about booking this.

Booking a cabana is a good idea. We were there last week, hardly an open chair to be found each time we went.

Booking a cabana is a good idea. We were there last week, hardly an open chair to be found each time we went.

What is the cost for renting the cabana? I'm currently planning my 50th birthday trip (in combination with our 25th anniversary trip) and this could be an awesome addition to our time there!

Do you need to rent them all day? Or can you rent for a few hours?

What is the cost for renting the cabana? I'm currently planning my 50th birthday trip (in combination with our 25th anniversary trip) and this could be an awesome addition to our time there!

Do you need to rent them all day? Or can you rent for a few hours?

Pricing depends on the season. We booked a half day for October to 249. 9:30-1:30. I got the impression from them that in low season they only book full days.

Pricing depends on the season. We booked a half day for October to 249. 9:30-1:30. I got the impression from them that in low season they only book full days.

Thanks! We are looking at October 2019 - hopefully we can find availability to rent DVC points. We won't know until November if this is possible....but hey, it's my 50th so I want to splurge!

Thanks! We are looking at October 2019 - hopefully we can find availability to rent DVC points. We won't know until November if this is possible....but hey, it's my 50th so I want to splurge!

From what I hear put in your request early to rent points because GCV is tough to book. We’re paying rack rates but honestly this is a splurge trip so it’s worth it to us. I’ll probably never get to stay there again and it’s a bucket list thing for me.

From what I hear put in your request early to rent points because GCV is tough to book. We’re paying rack rates but honestly this is a splurge trip so it’s worth it to us. I’ll probably never get to stay there again and it’s a bucket list thing for me.

Done! The rental place has it on their calendar to check starting in November. So fingers crossed!

Porte cochere is the vehicle unloading area directly outside the front door, so this is hotel construction.
I don’t have any details, but would like to see photos from current guests.
I'm replying to my own request for photos :goodvibes
I made a quick trip on August 3, and took a few photos. At that time, there was walkway open to the front door for quick drop offs. Valet and bell services were being handled at the convention center entrance.

It appears parts of the Porte cochere are being replaced, but no significant changes.

The main doors were not very busy (with most guests at the convention entrance), so I got a rare daytime photo:
gch doors.jpg

gch driveway.jpg
gch front walkway.jpg
gch roof.jpg
gch roof2.jpg

Oh, those doors are so beautiful! And that's a great picture of them. They constantly open and close so it's often hard to get a good long look!

Oh, those doors are so beautiful! And that's a great picture of them. They constantly open and close so it's often hard to get a good long look!
I waited like 15 minutes trying to take a pic of those doors one day. I FINALLY got a perfect pic though.

I'm replying to my own request for photos :goodvibes
I made a quick trip on August 3, and took a few photos. At that time, there was walkway open to the front door for quick drop offs. Valet and bell services were being handled at the convention center entrance.

It appears parts of the Porte cochere are being replaced, but no significant changes.

The main doors were not very busy (with most guests at the convention entrance), so I got a rare daytime photo:

I WANT one of those construction panels when they are done using them. I love the Grand's Sequoia Logo.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts