Grand Californian Super Thread

What do the rooms look like that are included with the dapper day rate? We have 4 people and requested 2 double/queen beds. It's for 4 of us mother and daughter trip.

What do the rooms look like that are included with the dapper day rate? We have 4 people and requested 2 double/queen beds. It's for 4 of us mother and daughter trip.
Reservations made through Dapper Day should be standard rooms. Although, I've been for another convention, and have gotten upgraded to a courtyard/woods room. They sell way more standard rooms than they actually have, so sometimes you get upgraded. I believe the 2 queen rooms are the most common configuration, so you shouldn't have too much of an issue having that request fulfilled.

Reservations made through Dapper Day should be standard rooms. Although, I've been for another convention, and have gotten upgraded to a courtyard/woods room. They sell way more standard rooms than they actually have, so sometimes you get upgraded. I believe the 2 queen rooms are the most common configuration, so you shouldn't have too much of an issue having that request fulfilled.
Thanks! We might have a good chance of being upgraded since we're checking in on 10/31. It should be a busy check in day.

Hi! We are staying at the GC in August and I just have a question about the showers. I've been watching a lot of recent YouTube videos and while most of the rooms have the shower with the rainfall head I have still seen a few with a tub. My dh really wants the shower, is this something I can request? Are there a lot of tub rooms still there? We have a woods/courtyard view booked. Thanks!!

Hi! We are staying at the GC in August and I just have a question about the showers. I've been watching a lot of recent YouTube videos and while most of the rooms have the shower with the rainfall head I have still seen a few with a tub. My dh really wants the shower, is this something I can request? Are there a lot of tub rooms still there? We have a woods/courtyard view booked. Thanks!!

There are only a small handful of tubs left post remodel. Almost all of the rooms now have the walk in shower post remodel.

While I don’t have an exact measurement, she should be fine on either the daybed or chair bed.

I brought a tape measure in my last visit specifically to measure the beds, and then forgot to do it. The new daybeds are definitely longer than the old style (pre-renovation)

My 16 year old son is 6ft and he slept fine on the daybed.

DTD to the front gates will be faster for EMH (or regular park opening). I often check the GCH to DCA entrance (30 minutes before opening) and the line is usually to Whitewater Snacks (often wrapping around and doubling back).

Other than avoiding at park opening, there is seldom a line.
On this board, DLP is the abbreviation for Disneyland Paris. Disneyland (Anaheim) is just DL :teacher:
When my room is near the elevators adjacent to Napa Rose (my usual request), using to GCH to DCA entrance is the fastest way to DL.

Thanks Nonsuch. Are all in agreement about this? We were planning on using the GCH entrance. If the line is around to Whitewater Snacks, how long is the wait you think? We only have two mornings and want to make the most of them!! First time visit and I feel a little lost!

We frequently go to WDW and have never been to Disneyland. I’m considering going for Christmas. WDW has room discounts, does Disneyland have room discounts or is the price what it is?

There are 3 hotels in DLR versus over a dozen at WDW. The hotels cost much more in DLR generally. There are many great hotels that are so much closer at DLR than onsite is at WDW for most hotels. DLR does not generally do the same types of discounts, probably because the room inventory is much lower.

Any recent GCH guests notice new larger bath amenities?

I stayed in VGC last month and the amenities are larger, and I hope this change is for the entire hotel not just the villas.
The products are the same but changed from 1.25oz bottles to 2.0oz tubes
vgc_amenities.jpg

I stayed in VGC last month and the amenities are larger, and I hope this change is for the entire hotel not just the villas.
View attachment 335083

WDW swapped to these about 1.5 years ago. Looks like they're finally running the same soaps etc at both resorts. Makes sense for them I'm sure. In wdw it's in all resorts and the DVC ones as well.

Porte cochere construction starts Monday, continuing through the end of August.
Please post photos

View attachment 335083

I hope it is all rooms too. I thought this size was for concierge rooms. We stayed in April for triplets birthdays concierge as a birthday present. (Now they want it every time, well, my two girls). I hope these sizes are in standard rooms too. Anyone there this week in a standard room and have any pics they want to post?? Please, and thank you.

I hope it is all rooms too. I thought this size was for concierge rooms. We stayed in April for triplets birthdays concierge as a birthday present. (Now they want it every time, well, my two girls). I hope these sizes are in standard rooms too. Anyone there this week in a standard room and have any pics they want to post?? Please, and thank you.
I’m at the GCH right now and can confirm that the standard view rooms have the same exact soaps posted above.

I heard that at least part of the hotel parking lot across the street from GC and between PP and DLH was being used to stage construction equipment for the new hotel. Can anyone confirm that there's still sufficient parking for hotel guests in the lot?

Thanks!

I heard that at least part of the hotel parking lot across the street from GC and between PP and DLH was being used to stage construction equipment for the new hotel. Can anyone confirm that there's still sufficient parking for hotel guests in the lot?
Posted on another board:
4D0F4CA0-6EBF-41FD-B116-F37D2B16EAFA.jpeg
A large part of the lot is no longer available.
The GCH self-parking lot is usually almost full, so additional parking is needed elsewhere. It likely means a longer walk for some guests.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter