Grand Californian Super Thread

Guys, I might have made a mistake booking CL GCH for pre-xmas... I had a dream not only was CL lounge closed but the turnstiles at the parks all went down and only people already inside could do the parks. The rest of us couldn't even get a refund due to a term and condition on the ticket that said technical difficulties weren't Disney's responsibility :rotfl2: I think I need a vacation!

I'm feeling worried about the CL during our trip. I wanted the lounge - not the current situation :( I called a couple of weeks ago and was told it should be completed by 12/8, but I'll be so disappointed if it's not done by 12/15. It was rather pricey to add it and I'm kind of regretting it. Here's hoping it's the CL lounge is complete!!!

I'm feeling worried about the CL during our trip. I wanted the lounge - not the current situation :( I called a couple of weeks ago and was told it should be completed by 12/8, but I'll be so disappointed if it's not done by 12/15. It was rather pricey to add it and I'm kind of regretting it. Here's hoping it's the CL lounge is complete!!!
Here here! Well, your date jives with nonsuch's so hopefully they'll hit it! Maybe you'll be able to find out before your trip by calling around 12/8-9 to inquire again. Hopefully you'll have enough time to make alternate arrangements if you'd rather downgrade your room or switch hotels- but here's hoping non of us end up doing that!

Several CMs gave me the same Dec 8 completion date (in early Nov), so all the CMs read the same memo from management :goodvibes
I'll visit this weekend for Candlelight, and will try to get an update.
Thanks! Hope you have a great time at Candlelight, what a beautiful time to be at the parks!

Here here! Well, your date jives with nonsuch's so hopefully they'll hit it! Maybe you'll be able to find out before your trip by calling around 12/8-9 to inquire again. Hopefully you'll have enough time to make alternate arrangements if you'd rather downgrade your room or switch hotels- but here's hoping non of us end up doing that!

I just spoke to a really nice gentleman at the GCH and he said the CMs are doing an Open House of the new Lounge tomorrow so he highly suspected it would be open by 12/8. He was shockingly very informative! He said they changed everything and he was really excited to see all the changes they made.

Any updates on the Lounge? Also, how's the hotel looking for Christmas? Is it just as beautiful as pre-refurbishment I hope?!

I was at the Grand last Friday and they told me the lounge would be opening "next week". They assured me it would be open when I check in on 12/15.

I was at the Grand last Friday and they told me the lounge would be opening "next week". They assured me it would be open when I check in on 12/15.

Me too! Maybe I'll see ya at the lounge!! So excited!
Donut Bar. Donut. Freaking. Bar. I am completely flipping out!!! "A doughnut bar with all the fixings, along with fruit, smoothies, gourmet yogurt and more are available at the GCH's Conceirge Lounge." Quote from the pic (just flip through the pics in the article, I can't figure out how to link it). Smoothies and "gourmet yogurt" -whatever that is?- were definitely not a part of their previous offerings.

@Nonsuch as always spot on, talk about food upgrades!

A couple CL pics in the article posted here: https://www.disboards.com/threads/sneak-peek-of-inside-the-remodeled-gch.3651901/#post-58546554

Last edited:
Donut Bar. Donut. Freaking. Bar. I am completely flipping out!!! "A doughnut bar with all the fixings, along with fruit, smoothies, gourmet yogurt and more are available at the GCH's Conceirge Lounge." Quote from the pic (just flip through the pics in the article, I can't figure out how to link it). Smoothies and "gourmet yogurt" -whatever that is?- were definitely not a part of their previous offerings.

@Nonsuch as always spot on, talk about food upgrades!

A couple CL pics in the article posted here: https://www.disboards.com/threads/sneak-peek-of-inside-the-remodeled-gch.3651901/#post-58546554
I just missed the GRAND opening of the new lounge, checked out today :headache:
The lounge CMs seemed confident the lounge will open "on time" this Friday, I'll just need to plan another visit :idea:

The new lounge looks so different from the old one. Wow. I think it looks nice, but I wonder how much louder it will be in there now that there isn't carpet on the floor. We've found it quite loud in the past, when it was very crowded. Hope I get to check it out in person some day! :goodvibes:

The new lounge looks so different from the old one. Wow. I think it looks nice, but I wonder how much louder it will be in there now that there isn't carpet on the floor. We've found it quite loud in the past, when it was very crowded. Hope I get to check it out in person some day! :goodvibes:

Noise really could be an issue. We stayed in one of the new rooms, and while I really do like the look of them a lot and like the "lighter" atmosphere, and would still stay at GCH over anywhere else at DLR, I cannot deny that they are much noisier because of the lack of carpet AND the bigger TVs. Not quite the calm oasis as it used to be. I'd guess the same will be true of the lounge.

It's been a couple of years since I've been to DL :sad2: but it looks like there is more seating in there now. Or has it just been too long for me to remember?

We just booked GCH for Christmas (switched from Grand Legacy), our first time staying onsite at DLR. I will try and read the first few pages of this thread to get the idea of it all lol Can I ask a question about the Early Morning tickets entry? I heard that it switched between parks depending on the day but when I looked at the Christmas week schedule EMM was listed every morning for DCA. Is that correct?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!