Grand Californian - do they offer a day rate?

heidispidi

Mouseketeer
We are staying for 4 nights at GCH in October and as our flight home is not until 10:30 at night, we are hoping we can pay for a day rate, so that we can stay in our rooms until we leave for the airport around 6pm (to have showers etc before the long flight home).

Does anybody know if a day rate is offered? My travel agent has asked numerous times but her contact is slow to respond and I want to lock in our plan B, if it is required, as soon as possible (having a day with a private driver taking us to various LA sites before dropping us at the airport). TIA.

It's pretty rare, and if you can get a late checkout, it's usually no later than noon at most. It all depends on how booked they are and how badly they need to flip your room for the next guest. You can always leave your bags at Guest Services for free though until you need to leave if you want to spend time around the hotel or Downtown Disney.

We are staying for 4 nights at GCH in October and as our flight home is not until 10:30 at night, we are hoping we can pay for a day rate, so that we can stay in our rooms until we leave for the airport around 6pm (to have showers etc before the long flight home).

Does anybody know if a day rate is offered? My travel agent has asked numerous times but her contact is slow to respond and I want to lock in our plan B, if it is required, as soon as possible (having a day with a private driver taking us to various LA sites before dropping us at the airport). TIA.

Due to high occupancy, I would find a backup plan, rather than hope to secure a day rate. If it is offered at all, you might not know until the night before your check-out, depending on what time they need your room for cleaning. It doesn't hurt to call and ask... but they probably won't know now.

When you call, as another option, I would ask if you can access showers at the pool or fitness facility on the afternoon after checkout. I've been able to do this at WDW, where the heavy heat/humidity/sunscreen has made this even more of a comfort issue before a flight home.

As a final (and possibly expensive) option, you could also look into day passes for an LAX airport lounge with showers. I have a credit card that gives me access for immediate family members as a perk. It might be around $50/person if paying out of pocket.

I was hoping we could secure a day rate well in advance (like now!) but that doesn't seem to be the case. We've looked into lounge access but unfortunately it's not an option out of TBIT terminal. I have passes for the Qantas lounge but they can't be used at LAX. I know there are other hotels close by to LAX that offer day rates, so it's an option for us to travel to one of those early on our last day, do our day tour of LA, then come back for shower etc prior to our flight (it's a 14 hour flight so even if it's not all that hot/humid, I want a shower before boarding LOL). Would have just been nice to relax in the Disney bubble on our last day :-)

Thanks for your responses.

You’ll have access to the pool area for your full last day with showers there if that is sufficient for you. Bell Services will hold your bags as late as you want.

I was hoping we could secure a day rate well in advance (like now!) but that doesn't seem to be the case. We've looked into lounge access but unfortunately it's not an option out of TBIT terminal. I have passes for the Qantas lounge but they can't be used at LAX. I know there are other hotels close by to LAX that offer day rates, so it's an option for us to travel to one of those early on our last day, do our day tour of LA, then come back for shower etc prior to our flight (it's a 14 hour flight so even if it's not all that hot/humid, I want a shower before boarding LOL). Would have just been nice to relax in the Disney bubble on our last day :-)

Thanks for your responses.
I’ve never heard of anyone snagging a day rate at GCH.

They do have showers at the pool, there are some pics on the GCH thread I think. Idk about access after you’ve checked out.

Instead of looking for a dayrate near LAX I would get a normal room near DL, it’ll be a BIG time saver. Lots of places to chose from and while prob more expensive than an LAX dayrate you won’t have to fight LA traffic twice! Drop the bags at bell services, play in the parks, pick bags up and hop over to your next hotel within minutes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter